• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Did the boruto Manga just make this Naruto movie canon?

In the translation I read on kiss Manga, the bad guys want the daimyo to release all the prisoners from "hoozuki castle" but I think that may be mis-translated because of "hozuki castle" aka blood prison. If I'm correct does that mean we can pull feats from the blood prison movie?

Edit: this isn't the first time the naruto series has canon-ized something that was non-canon before. Raiga and his twin swords kiba come to mind. In fact, there may be feats in those filler episodes that deal with lightning, could boost some stats seeing as raiga became canon back in might dai's battle with the seven swordsmen.

No. In Bleach manga the Valley of screams is mention, and Ichigo said that he once went there, however, in the manga he never visit such place. He did in the first movie. Just because something is mention doesn't mean that the whole movie is canon. Otherwise we have to upgrade every Bleach character above Yamamoto's Bankai to Planet Level, since the first movie shows Soul Society to be a Planet the same size as Earth, and his reiatsu flames were going to destroy it.

The same with Broly, if a scene from the movie is shown in Super then is canon. If his only mention by name we can't use feats since we don't have proof that its the same Broly. The same applies to all the Broly movies.

What about my raiga example? He was more than just name dropped. The Manga shows his swords, kiba, and they even show him in might gai's flashback before he fights madara.

If there aren't scenes from the movie as flashbacks then feats can't be used. We have to wait until Naruto see them, if something is shown from the movie from his past, we can act accordingly for feats. This site is still unsure if the manga or the anime is the primary canon. Open a General Discussion thread and ask what is gonna be use as primary canon. Manga. Or. Anime.

Well in regard to raiga, he was originally a anime filler character back during the early days of naruto, prior to shippuden. He did state that he was formally a seven swordsman of the mist and he knew zabuza. He was actually a pretty cool villain. His thing was burying people alive and holding a funeral procession for them as they are screaming for help...pretty savage. But then the Manga introduced his swords, kiba, with the edo mist swordsmen and finally revealed him in might gai's flashback.

I'll check it later today. I'll get back to you after finding those scans. In the meantime find where the movie fits in canon.

That's the tricky part. In the Manga jiraya leaves to train naruto right after his fight with sasuke. The anime fillers start during that time so jiraya holds off training naruto. So imagine after the fight with sasuke and after naruto recovers at the hospital, he goes on the mission that involves raiga.

Back