• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Accelerate420 said:
It is but it's ambiguous whether Touma could null it and I don't see a reason why it would. Othinus used Phase Manipulation yet Touma can't null that just by existing and she has used it to bring him back to life as well.
phases manipulation is not negated by the nature of how it works and IB does not react well with it

"Call me a god. And what I have done is simple. I have created new filters and placed them over the world so the world appears to have changed. That is why the world appeared changed to you. This is a lot easier than destroying everything and building it back up every time. And your right hand contains the power to level out any foreign elements in the world, so it has difficulty functioning when I change the world itself. …Still, results are everything in the world."

but it should be negated cause if im not wrong diavolo time skip works in an area , so touma would interact with whatever stand energy is making the time skip

yes but i mean it works in an area is not directly change the system of the world or the underlying system behind it

phases manipulation is more similar to someone changing the basic code of the pc

especially considering IB can't interact with phases as they are similar to dimension at least normally, using IB in specific way u can even undo those

to put it simply IB is a backup, but touma can only use the click and restore certain part of the pc function (basically touma is using it like a mouse and where he clicks the app is restored or erased depending if it's the back up), someone with actual knowledge can even restore the PC (world) to when it came out of the fabric with IB

Tony di bugalu said:
Aren't Stands created by the virus the arrow has? It counts as some biological shit, right?
technically speaking it does not matter IB only has data of OG to aru world, they are not there, so they get negated

before u say verse equalization, it is already applied so IB does not immediately negate reality and or normal things (people, dirt, the planet etc) when he is placed in another world cause of the differences

So that meant touching Dia's Stand would kill Dia.

Meanwhile Touma's ability don't kill Touma's soul and human soul.

I believe it would only temporarily null Dia's ability by touching. Not killing him. His stand would retur instead. I never see Touma's auto null would kill a human unless Touma uses his Dragons.

Davidgumazon said:
So that meant touching Dia's Stand would kill Dia.
Meanwhile Touma's ability don't kill Touma's soul.

I believe it would only temporarily null Dia's ability by touching. Not killing him. His stand would retur instead. I never see Touma's auto null would kill a human unless Touma uses his Dragons.
Except Stands are their living life energy in physical form which is by supernatural means, meaning they'd be nulling their life energy and thus turning them into a total corpse.

Why would he null life energy, that's not supernatural, at best it'd make his stand return to him so he can't use it or something, or so he can't use it's abilities

Bedroombedrock said:
Why would he null life energy, that's not supernatural, at best it'd make his stand return to him so he can't use it or something, or so he can't use it's abilities
If you effect the stand, you effect the stand user. It'd be an irregularity that IB would correct.

Stands represent general life force of a user, why would he destroy said life force, he negates abilities not destroys them. Again, at best he'd make it so Diavolo can't call out King Crimson if he touches him or so he can't use its Time erase abilities

About the virus thing. The virus just puts the target into a life or death situation where in order to survive the target must adapt a Stand and the energy gived off by the Stand will save them from dying, or, well, die. The virus serves as a catalyst and a quick way to get a Stand. But other ways exist such as Hamon, which can get you a Stand, the Spin, becoming so good at a hobby or art thatyou adapt a Stand to it (think Kendo from Part 6 or Boku No Rythm from Part 7), being born with a Stand (Kak, Abdul, Pol) or granted a stand via outside means (corpse part or whitesnake).

Bedroombedrock said:
Stands represent general life force of a user, why would he destroy said life force, he negates abilities not destroys them. Again, at best he'd make it so Diavolo can't call out King Crimson if he touches him or so he can't use its Time erase abilities
Negating = destroying. If you negate and erase someone's life-force, what happens?

Not necessarily, I can negate someone mind manipulation so that they can't use it in the fight, but that doesn't mean I literally destroyed said ability entirely, I just for all intents and purposes restricted it. Again, why would he completely erase the stand, he'd probably end up just making it so it can't be summoned or used supernaturally. Also what's stopping Diavolo from just instantly donuting him the moment the match starts

Diavolo has precog too, idk why we're assuming it only shows the end results and nothing inbetween, given his forecasts have allowed him to perceive things happening in the moment or just ahead of time like Nero sneaking up on him or Sex Pistols flight paths.

I don't think you understand how IB works at all if you think it locks abilities from being used. If an attack is tossed at him, it's negated and destroyed. There is no trace left unless it's continuously regenerating. If electricity is fired at him, thatt electricity vanishes. The same will happen to the Stand and Diavolo will die.

>Diavolo will die

But what about Doppio ƒñö

I dont know dude, physically, him and Doppio are probably about the same. Given Diavolo himself is physically way above athelete level, probably streel level as well given he could jump like 25 feet without the help of his Stand, actually kinda odd that he's listed as just street given the superhuman jumps that he does, twice, without King Crimson. Hell that's actually a real easy calc ƒñö

Using PE assuming Diavolo weighs 70kg and he jumped 25ft, that comes out to 5606.415 joules. Probably have to throw that into a blog but assuming Doppio isnt like 20x weaker than his adult self, he'd be dipping into street as well. I'll slap that into a blog later and do a small CRT for that but just letting ya know, Touma and Doppio should both be street.

i mean, timehax. Diavolo has low 2-c range timehax, Giorno needs his fuvking GER to nulls him. Touma can handle that?

KingOFG said:
i mean, timehax. Diavolo has low 2-c range timehax, Giorno needs his fuvking GER to nulls him. Touma can handle that?
idk dude probably via 1-C power null.

But gonna bring it up again, why are we ignoring Epitaph? Despite what was said earlier in the thread, Epitaph shows him a full play by play of future events, Diavolo will know exactly what happens as long as it aint stupid impossible to tell shit like invisible refractions from an unknown source. He can still see Touma touching his Stand in the vision and the aftermath letting him know, yeah let's not have that happen.

Possibly, im currently rewatching part 5 but did Diavolo ever do that when literally in someone's face? If he has then idk, Epitaph comes with weird fate manipulation so if he sees what Touma will do he can probably hard counter with his stand.

Nvm ignore my previous comments

Coming from The volume 14, chapter 3 of the original Novel.

"I'm not so sure your Imagine Breaker can negate leylines, Kami-yan."

"Eh?" Kamijou looked shocked. "But leylines are…um…magical…right? So…"

"Yes, but…" Tsuchimikado interrupted him. "I just can't figure out what your right hand really is. You say it can negate any magic or psychic power. But take an occult power like a human's 'life force' for instance. You can't kill someone just by giving them a handshake, right?"

"Well, no…"

"I get the feeling there are some odd 'exceptions'. And leylines are most likely one of those exceptions. I highly doubt you can obliterate the entire Earth just by touching the ground."

So, how will Touma null/erase King Crimsom if Stands are the "Life Forces given form" of a stand user?

Also the same is mentionated in the Second Volume, Chapter 4 of the New Testament novel:

Birdway meaninglessly stuck her index finger up and spun it around.

"Do you remember what I said about leylines?"

"...You said that they were one of the types of energy that could be used for magic other than the magic power created by humans. If I remember, they have to do with the Earth and its terrain," Accelerator said.

"That's right." Birdway nodded. "And Imagine Breaker negates all kinds of supernatural powers. And that includes the power circulated by the planet."

"So, his right hand is like a snowplow and that giant fortress is following the path he's created?"

"It's not that simple," Birdway responded to Accelerator's question with a sardonic grin. "Imagine Breaker works exceedingly well when it is normalizing abnormal values, but it does not show much power when dealing with something that is uniform from the start. It only carries out destruction of things that have already had their harmony taken. ...For example, he does not destroy someone's soul when he touches them, and he does not destroy the planet when he touches it. Yet those things do indeed have supernatural power flowing through them."

Epitaph in someone's face? Is that what you mean? If so yeah, dude abuses that shit.

Someone brings up a point, I've only watched up to season 3 so im way behind but if that isnt contradicted elsewhere. I dont king crimson is getting deleted.

Someone who likes to read said:
Yes it does not work on normal life force , it works on mana etc which is life force used not in the normal way like stand , and stand don't exist in the back up file if IB so they get negated in the first place , normal soul and planet energy are in the back up

Back