• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus Durability check

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
That is the problem though. Complete Arceus, as far as I know, does not have durability feats. However, it created Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina entirely under its own power. It is greatly superior to all three of them. Incomplete Arceus has shown to tank hits from sealed members of the Creation Trio like it's absolutely nothing. There is no reason complete Arceus should be any different.

In fact, by default, complete Arceus is so far above them he can simply nullify anything they choose to do.
Do we know that he passively would nullify anything the unsealed trio does? I don't think so.

As said powerscaling his durability by being superior to the creation trio is fine. Just powerscaling his durability to necessarily being a higher ranking than their "likely Mutiverse level" doesn't make sense without any feats in that regards.

Superior power Ôëá superior durability until shown otherwise.

In terms of no durability feats, maybe not for Complete Arceus who was pretty much given the cold shoulder and barely did anything via PIS, but incomplete Arceus sure does. Arceus when releasing all that energy to shake the multiverse in his sleep didnt remotely phase, scratch or harm him in the slightest. And pokemon (at times at least) have shown to be as durable as their AP, such as when Pokemon use explosion to release all their power and they just pass out via fainting or as a more specific example: Iris's axew who constantly blew itself up when improperly using Dragon Rage.

In addition, we've never seen Arceus during his sleep and during his awakening struggling to move about or release all that energy at all. In fact when he wakes up it seems he absorbs all that energy even. If Arceus's durability wasnt really above the trio's, then him doing this would have at least harmed him, if not, outright destroyed him prior to the energy's release.

Arceus passively nullifies attacks of any type that they have in the Pokemon multiverse, that includes all of those of the creation trio. Also the creation trio are the concepts that exist across the entire multiverse, therefore their durability should be multiversal.

Just a thought but wouldnt Arceus's plate hax be his Durability??

After all, the plates are not just some seperate weapons, they are literally a part of Arceus's being. So that should mean that the plates and their effects would be applied to his durability since they can be refused back into Arceus's avatar body.

@Anime Yeah.

The game copy Arceus isn't valid since that'll be like saying Goku is High 3-A because he's blown up multiple Universes in multiple timelines.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Wait what? When did Goku do that? And we treat the Pokemon games as primary canon but I believe your going off of game mechanics there.
Probably in Shin Budokai.

So, since this topic seems to have been solved, should we remove the highlight for, and close this thread?

Well, I still don't see why a supreme entity in a verse should have a durablity ranking higher than necessary to tank the attacks of literally every other being in the verse.

Well, I am personally fine with "Likely Multiverse level. Possibly higher".

Well is there any reason to assume the creation trio could even scratch Arceus? It doesnt make any sense for them to be on its level in any statistic, other than the fact that they could somewhat take punishment from Arceus's asault on them.

If anything, I think we should put "Likely Multiverse Level" for the Creation Trio and "Multiverse Level, possibly higher" for Arceus

Or go with Ant's comment.

Well, Ant's comment more or less goes with what I was suggesting.

Saying that there is the possibility that he is higher is fine, but if there are no feats or statements that completely proof that it just seems wrong to rank him as definitely higher.

Well, I think that this seems like an acceptable compromise.

Back