• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

RebubleUselet said:
@Dante
It's not only in gameplay though, it is also in the Devil Breaker's title and that's what Matt called it
You know that this can be just a retcon, right ?

Just like the OLD trailer shows us a Time Stop, Matt called a Time Stop, but when the actual gameplay appears, now it only slows it

Could be just a nerf that they made just for balance purposes, and if it is, then Ragtime doesn't stop time anymore, it was only in beta versions of the game, the only thing that really shows otherwise it's the title, which states that is a Time Stopper

Just think about this, I'm neutral about Nero's stuff

DMMC
DMMC2
V procedes to name Vergil, this is a V...

DMMC3
...and this is an E

We can say that Vergil survived his DMC1 encounter (which is absurd but whatever) and that feat would be either Mid-High if Nero Angelo was simply vergil with some armor on or Low-Godly if the armor only contained Vergil's soul.
The resurrection UNDOUBTEDLY happened when V and Urizen merged and there is no way you can deny this since it's stated in the game itself as i am showing here, you might say that "it wasn't Vergil who resurrected himself here, it was V and Urizen", but both V and Urizen ARE Vergil, so Vergil himself coming back to life after V and Urizen merged is still resurrection performed by Vergil onto himself.

Also we should add Soul Manipulation to Vergil via this feat with Yamato

Ok now i'm gonna drop it, still, he DID resurrect himself in the game and him surviving his DMC1 encounter has to be kept in mind as a feat

Now let's move on

Does "separating man and demon" for Yamato and "merging man and demon" for Rebellion/Devil Sword Dante count as Soul manipulation? It should, right?

That's not possible, at that point Urizen was already alive, why would V say that he's "ABOUT to resurrect"? Also resurrect from what? Urizen was born in the same day V was born, he didn't "resurrect" from anything

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Does "separating man and demon" for Yamato and "merging man and demon" for Rebellion/Devil Sword Dante count as Soul manipulation? It should, right?
I think it should

V said to Dante that Vergil resurrected as Urizen and asked his help against him, Dante later would say jackpot to him to see his reaction and def. confirm he is Vergil, referring him as such through the game. Dante did not knew that Urizen was just a part of him and the other half was V.

Again, V said that "a powerful demon is ABOUT to resurrect" and at that point Urizen was already alive other that not having died at all, which makes it completely impossible for V to be refering to Urizen when talking about the "demon about to resurrect". No idea where you got the "bingo" stuff from tbh. Yeah, Dante didn't know V was part of Vergil, so what exactly?

V was lying to Dante when he told him that Vergil is about to resurrect as Urizen since Vergil himself at that point was already separated.

Now let's focus on more important stuff

That goddamn tree. I personally believe that the Qliphoth is overall the most important feat, it could be up to moon level, so i suggest we work on that first

And how, if at all, are we going to assume the tree's expansions that goes all the way down to the Demon Realm?

Twellas said:

That goddamn tree. I personally believe that the Qliphoth is overall the most important feat, it could be up to moon level, so i suggest we work on that first
Not even close to Moon level

Ogbunabali said:
And how, if at all, are we going to assume the tree's expansions that goes all the way down to the Demon Realm?
No idea tbh, but I personally think that it's fair to say that the tree spans for the length of Earth's radious, there's really no way of actually knowing for a fact how far the qliphoth goes into the earth and the underworld

Schnee One said:
Twellas said:

And how exactly do you know?

And as i said like 4 times already, we gotta remember about the tree moving the clouds above it and creating a crater with rims that span well over the troposphere

And how exactly do you know?

Because a mere eyeball of the feat would be at the very best High 6A

I think we should go with Urizen's statement, which implies an at least Low 6-B rating, as the Qliphoth is really difficult to calc (I talked to Bambu about it).

RebubleUselet said:
I think we should go with Urizen's statement, which implies an at least Low 6-B rating, as the Qliphoth is really difficult to calc (I talked to Bambu about it).
If we really wanna ignore the size due to it not being calculable with certainty we can still calc the crater and the clouds stuff i think

Dark649 said:
I think we should write all the new abilities for Nero and Dante [Vergil has only four new ones: Matter Manipulation, Type 3 Conceptual Manipulation with Yamato, Flight and Duplication in Sin DT] before dealing with the stats.
Could you explain why that would give Yamato type 3 Conceptual manip?

Hey, I just joined this discussion, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I think I found a possible way to narrow down Dante's age.

Okay, so in DMC 5, we get the prologue scene where Morrison introduces V and Dante gets the phone call from Patty, the girl from the anime, about her 18th birthday party. Now, there is a line from the anime series where he said a line along the lines of "maybe in ten years, I'll ask you out on a date."

Now, some sources I've seen have varying accounts of Patty's age, having her at youngest 8 and oldest 13. Using this, we can guess a range of five to ten years between the events of the anime and DMC 5. Depending on the length of time between the events of DMC 1 and the anime, we can guess the range of Dante's age.

Taking an initial guess for the anime, I would say that at minimum, it takes place six months after DMC1, so Dante would be somewhere at 29-30. Using this, we can say Dante would be around 34 at minimum and 40 at maximum. Given his aged appearance, however, I'd guess he's in his late 40s at minimum unless a side effect of demonic parents is rapid aging.

I fully understand that this is not a surefire guessing method and the lack of confirmed details lowers its credibility, but I think it's a start at least to figuring out Dante's age. Feel free to correct me or fill in details, I'd love for a more accurate method to be found.

Well not sure how much more in depth I can go with that. Vergil didn't just "cut his soul" in half, he literally split his "ego" into two functional individuals, who were at the same time the conjoined Vergil and their own entity with their own unique body and will.

Back