• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

Well good luck to you guys.

BTW, Is there any reason it isn't considered some sort of Time Manipulation rather than AP?

Not that i'm opposed to the upgrade, far from it, just curious.

Don't know, I'm pretty sure it's this:

We know Argosax's feat is 3-A for affecting physical space of both universes but it also has statements and showings implying it's affecting the past and future which would be low 2-C

That's probably it.

It affects the space, but with the heavy implications of time also being heavily warped to the point separate points in time are linked together, then a "possibly Low 2-C" is warranted.

I am still both excited and terrified for the fact that Dante vs Bayonetta might not be a stomp either way soon enough.

When are we going to get rid of this?:

Weaknesses: As stamina decreases, his Regenerationn becomes less efficient. As of Devil May Cry 2 he has had to place a limit on his power as he was getting too powerful.

Oh god that's so outdated. Hell, it's even outright wrong, since their regen doesn't become less efficent with exhaustion, they just become less powerful.

It's been brought up before, or so I think it has, but where does those two weaknesses even came from exactly?

For the first one, Dante and Vergil I'm sure can still regen even when tired or really worn out if going by the cutscenes of their encounter (basically all of their fights against each other throughout 3 alone). And I really want to know where the whole limiter thing even came from of that on 2.

Unless there is a source that explains either or, I have to agree on getting rid of those off the page.

The Regenerationn thing has already been disproven, and I have literally no idea where the "limiter" thing came from. They both aught to be removed.

Both seem to have come from absolutely nowhere and have no real basis.

Their regen doesn't weaken, the first is proven objectively false at the end of Vergil 3 when Vergil gets cut in half and regens it.

And I think the second one comes from the fact that Majin DT exists? But that's still a huge logic jump, and it's more likely that when Dante got pressured in DMC2, he'd go into a beta version of SDT unintentionally. Regardless, it only ever appears in gameplay and in DMC2 so it's a weird case.

The Majin Form also appears in the manga when Dante was under pressure against Alice

What I understand is that doesn't have control of this form, but he needs to activate it, then it triggers when he is at max danger, like in the manga and when you are low on health in DMC2. It doesn't have in 5 because he was fighting Urizen and he was okay, he got suddently one shoted and then he didn't have time to activate the Majin Form. In 4 he's literally a 3-A fighting 7-Bs, which is pathetic, the Majin would never appear in this scenario. In 3 he was defeated by Vergil, yes true, but when he got hurt, it was the Rebellion and then another transformation triggered, the DT

He still have the Majin and yes, maybe it is even more powerful than the SDT (who knows ? lol), but still something exclusive for near-death experiences. This weakness should be in his profile, it's relevant for DMC 2/4 Dante

We get rid of those I posted and he gains one that is mostly irrelevant, I'm ok with it.

You also forgot the third one there as he got the power before the game.

The way I see it; Majin form was just meant to be an uncontrolled version of the SDT. The developers in interviews have even used the terms "Sin Devil Trigger" and "Sin Majin Trigger" interchangeably (which is odd, actually, since "Majin" is a fan-made name for the form. It's actual in-game name was "Super Morph").

Really, the SDT having different abilities to the Majin form is probably explainable as simply the developers changing their minds. Majin form, even with how cool it was, was ridiculously overpowered in DMC2. When they reintroduced it in DMC5 as the SDT, they just had to find some ways to balance it out.

Point is; SDT and Majin form are likely the same, just that Dante could physically control the SDT in DMC5. The developers have called the SDT the "Sin Majin Trigger" before, so it's clear that they see them as one in the same, and the inconsistencies between the two can be chalked up to evolution in the game design.

It also could be argued that it shows a difference in power between the two forces, since SDT/SMT (ANOTHER GOD REJECTED) couldn't be harmed in DMC2, whereas it can be harmed in DMC5, meaning the enemies (Urizen, namely) should be stronger in DMC5.

However this is more than likely game mechanics.

Itsuno did want to give Dante a second DT for a while (Majin in 2 and Perfect DT in 4). If I'm not mistaken Majin was supposed to be the "true" DT for Dante (not sure if this was a fan theory or actually said by Itsuno himself). Regardless, because it was a weird unlock in 2, and a not implemented concept in 4, it was fully realized in 5 as SDT so it might be retconned.

Which might make sense, considering that we never get anything official for Majin Form aside from one game book mention, and it never appeared at all in every other media besides that one scene in the DMC3 manga.

I think that we should regard it as a failed idea in 2 and finally properly conceptualized in 5 as the SDT.

My head canon is that SDT is actually Majin going DT

Basically SSGSS ╩ò•ß┤Ñ•╩ö

@DarkGrath "Majin" also means "Demon" in japanese, they referd to Dante's normal DT form as "Majin" on many occusions, hence why the name "Majin" for Dante's higher DT form doesn't work.

It would been cool if Dante had Dreadnaught as well so he can have 3 demons forms in DMC5

Mind and Soul are universal I'm pretty sure. And if you resist time stop, you resist time stop, there's not a different level of it, at least not usually.

Well, there is 1-A time stop but that's another whole deal. And you can time stop someone who resist time stop, its bypassing someone's resistance.

Thank you for the rest.

Ok you can't time stop 1-A's that doesn't make any sense, because they are above the concepts of time and space. And that's resistance negation, usually.

And time stopping someone who has resistance to time stop is usually taken as a higher level of time stop rather than resistance negation.That's why people ask "what level of time stop does x have?" or something similiar.

Dienomite22 said:
And time stopping someone who has resistance to time stop is usually taken as a higher level of time stop rather than resistance negation.That's why people ask "what level of time stop does x have?" or something similiar.
This makes absolutely 0 sense.

Back