• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU DISCUSSION (HUGE SPOILER ALERT)

>7-B (Harmed a possessed Mewtwo)

If we're going to use Mewtwo as a justification for Detective Pikachus tier, then this needs to be 5-B instead. The movie has already been established to be a part of the Pokemon Multiverse's canon by the creators themselves, so this Mewtwo should be 5-B as well. He doesnt need to scale to the Mountain sized Torterras.

That profile should honestly be deleted

• It should be called Harry Goodman, "Detective Pikachu" is the one from the games.
    • It should also have a key for his human self, with access to his Pikachu.
  • "Defeated Sebastian's Charizard in the past" comes from the strength his Pikachu has, which he doesn't.
    • That Charizard should be as strong as a normal Charizard.
  • "Destroyed massive balloons in the Pokemon festival" isn't Wall level, at all.
  • "Harmed a possessed Mewtwo" is false in many ways
    • Pikachu shouldn't scale to a higher tier via one move.
    • (The real) Mewtwo wasn't superior to the experimented Torterras, he's 5-B
    • That possessed Mewtwo didn't have full control over his body and powers, just like Pikachu/Harry, so he's Unknown.
  • Subsonic speed seems like it could be ok but idk.
  • The durability seems unreliable as well, especially when some flying rock almost killed him.

Like I already mentioned on the durability part, Pikachu at that time had forgotten all of his fighting capabilties and powers, its obvious why such lower tier forces would be able to harm him at that point.

Everything else looks plausible though. But possessed Mewtwo should still be 5-B like any Mewtwo the way I see it, he just isnt using full power since the scientist guy didnt know how to fully make use of Mewtwos powers.

>rename to Harry Goodman

No. Don't plaster a massive spoiler on the page's title. Also, his human form has no feats,

He gets his powers back near the end? Really not sure about scaling this to the games, their feats are way lower-scale, and a single comment can't make it coexist with the game version of events.

He can't go higher with a single, strongest attack? Still not sure about game scaling, and not knowing powers doesn't lower stats.

>flying rock

My only response is "Arceus"

@Prof He's Harry without Harry's memories, then he got Harry's memories back, not that of his Pikachu's. And even then none of that is said or implicated on the movie. Sebastian's Charizard took hits from that Pikachu, it would be an outlier for both, but Mewtwo's not even 5-B.

>"But possessed Mewtwo should still be 5-B like any Mewtwo the way I see it, he just isnt using full power since the scientist guy didnt know how to fully make use of Mewtwos powers"

That makes no sense. Him being 5-B is a headcanon.

Eficiente said:
That makes no sense. Him being 5-B is a headcanon.
The movie's confirmed by creators to be taking place in Ash's universe/Pokemon Multiverse, not some seperate thing of its own, so no its not headcanon at all.

This Mewtwo should be scaled exactly the same as the other Mewtwos.

Eficiente said:
Sebastian's Charizard took hits from that Pikachu, it would be an outlier for both, but Mewtwo's not even 5-B.
This i'll concede to though because I forgot Sebastians Charizard fought Harrys Pikachu before.

Definite outlier then.

Didn't said Mewtwo wasn't 5-B, the guy making use his body while not using his full power and being weaker isn't 5-B.

That doesnt make any sense though. There's such a thing as not using full power and especially with how far Mewtwo is scaled into 5-B as well.

Not using his full power doesnt mean he was using Mewtwo at a level multiple tiers under 5-B.

The first is not a good point, he is Harry, that being an spoiler should not hinder the profile about him. Same with him having not feats, that should not, and must not, be something to alter the way a profile is done, and he has feats, he has a Pikachu, and a key where he is a weak Pikachu.

Yes it does?

"Not knowing [his] powers" means he couldn't use his move in his battle with Charizard, which made him just run during it. The thing is that he's physically weaker anyway.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
This i'll concede to though because I forgot Sebastians Charizard fought Harrys Pikachu before.

Definite outlier then.
Seriously? Charizard's not 5-B via Pikachu being 5-B via dude in Mewtwo's body not using his full power being 5-B.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
That doesnt make any sense though. There's such a thing as not using full power and especially with how far Mewtwo is scaled into 5-B as well.

Not using his full power doesnt mean he was using Mewtwo at a level multiple tiers under 5-B.
Which is false even within the context of the movie, Harry as a Pikachu was multiple tiers under what a real Pikachu is, as well as slower, and the guy in Mewtwo's body was many ranks lower in speed, while showing nothing remotely close to being 5-B.

Yes seriously because when I initially suggested to scale Pikachu to Mewtwo, I forgot Charizard would have scaled for fighting Pikachu before. Which is an obvious outlier. So Pikachu shouldnt scale to Mewtwo. Clearing this bit up.

Anyway, that is a false equivalancy. Harry as a Pikachu was multiple tiers under what a real Pikachu is because he lost all of his memories on how to battle or even use the powers of a Pikachu for more than half the movie.

This scientist using Mewtwos body was lower than what Mewtwo could normally do simply because he could not fully make use of Mewtwo's powers. He still knew how to actively operate Mewtwos abilities, just not to the fullest extent. That doesnt make him lower than 5-B, but a lower end of 5-B. Unless your saying a non-full powered Mewtwo is as low as like tier 7.

He never had memories of he himself battling and using his powers, same with the scientist using Mewtwo's body, except he knows how to use some of his powers.

Yes it does, we have reasons to believe he's not 5-B which is supported by him not doing anything even close to that level. Saying he's still somewhat within 5-B is just make an assumption and give a tier to a character based on that.

Eficiente said:
The first is not a good point, he is Harry, that being an spoiler should not hinder the profile about him. Same with him having not feats, that should not, and must not, be something to alter the way a profile is done, and he has feats, he has a Pikachu, and a key where he is a weak Pikachu.
Yes it does?

"Not knowing [his] powers" means he couldn't use his move in his battle with Charizard, which made him just run during it. The thing is that he's physically weaker anyway.
Then we should put the fact that Iron Man dies in Endgame on the very first sentence of his summary, because that would be equally necessary. His human form appears for only 1 minute at the very end, it's a pointless key that takes up space.

No, it's either this version of is canon or the game version of events is canon, because they contradict each other.

That wasn't the only time he fought Charizard, he relearned the same powers he had used to fight Charizard in the past.

Eficiente said:
Yes it does, we have reasons to believe he's not 5-B which is supported by him not doing anything even close to that level.
Attack Potency is a thing.

And that is not a good argument unless you want to downgrade all forms of Mewtwo that isnt Shadow Mewtwo.

P.S.- Yes Pikachu did. Mewtwo told Pikachu that by putting Harry's soul into Pikachu's body, Pikachu would forget all of its memories. That would include his memories on how to battle or operate his moves.

This is some guy using Mewtwo's body, not Mewtwo himself, who is still 5-B. That is the only false equivalancy here.

If anything, I find very suspicious how hard it apparently is to give him a lower tier when Pikachu and Charizard scaling to 5-B was like some casual thing they deserved, when they didn't.

>This is some guy using Mewtwo's body, not Mewtwo himself, who is still 5-B. That is the only false equivalancy here.

No more than Harry using Pikachus body? And again, that only means the scientist is only able to use Mewtwo's powers to an extent, not to their full extent. Which is why im saying he'd be a lower end of 5-B, but still 5-B nonetheless.

>If anything, I find very suspicious how hard it apparently is to give him a lower tier when Pikachu and Charizard scaling to 5-B was like some casual thing they deserved, when they didn't.

Why are you acting like anyone in here is trying to make them scale to 5-B? No one is trying to, I dropped it the second I realized Charizard would, which would have made it become a huge outlier.

And its "hard" to give Mewtwo a lower tier because its ridiculous to think that a non-full powered Mewtwo would be multiple tiers lower than where he normally is, at 5-B. A character does not need to use full power to stay within a tier, this is something we all know, and this is not an exception. Especially given how high Mewtwo is scaled in 5-B within itself. There is 0 evidence that this scientist was using Mewtwo's power on the level of a non-legendary and it would be absurd to think he would have held Mewtwo's power back that significantly instead of simply saying he couldnt use Mewtwo's real power.

Thats what I was referring to. Whether mutiple or a tier lower, there really isnt any need for Unknown. We know this Mewtwo is 5-B because it would receive the same 5-B scaling that other Mewtwo receive.

All we know from the movie is that this scientist who possessed him couldnt make use of Mewtwo's full powers. So instead of making him unknown, he should simply be at a lower end of 5-B that Mewtwo is normally scaled to.

Or if nothing else, "Unknown. Possibly 5-B".

speaking of torterras.

Apparently, they seem to suffer from their own size, so they are probably slower than an average Torterra.

-Lifting strength: At least class G (They can lift their own weight.)

-Tiers: At least 7-A.

-speed: Superhuman or sub-sonic.

Camilopezo said:
speaking of torterras.

Apparently, they seem to suffer from their own size, so they are probably slower than an average Torterra.

-Lifting strength: At least class G (They can lift their own weight.)

-Tiers: At least 7-A.

-speed: Superhuman or sub-sonic.
Tried out the Ugarik fictional giant model?

Try here

Back