• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destiny Discussion Thread

I am a bit confused on why Oryx only has type 4 acasuality

I am pretty sure there is a direct statement showing that he "escaped casuality" which would rather prove type 5 than 4

" Characters with this type of Acausality transcend the normal boundaries of cause and effect, existing outside of the causality of a system"

They have literally shown to be paracasual on such a scale paracasual "weapons" don't harm them.

I was thinking about giving that to ascendant oryx in my draft but couldn't remember the quote, I'd have no issue with it if you can find them. I think it was when they were fighting the eucumene, after Oryx killed Akka and became male.

Wokistan said:
I was thinking about giving that to ascendant oryx in my draft but couldn't remember the quote, I'd have no issue with it if you can find them. I think it was when they were fighting the eucumene, after Oryx killed Akka and became male.
But we see that Oryx can escape Causality from when he fought against Quria which they were outside the Ascendant Realm

GalaxianAegis said:
@Wokistan Silicon and I sent you friend requests on Discord so we can add you to a group DM. If anyone else wants to join to discuss, you can.
Meeeee, put me on it too e.e

So are we going to consider the Taken being able to implode Io as the low end feat for Guardians to scale to along with the other feats from the Books of Sorrow that scale to Ascendant Hive? High ends being the Tier 4 feats in the Books of Sorrow for Star to Solar System?

So most Guardians would look like this:

At least 5-C (Stronger than Taken which are capable of imploding Io), likely 4-B (Justifications vary here depending on the Guardian)

Characters like PC Guardian have far more feats, but we need to establish a baseline for the other notable ones like Ana Bray, Shin Malphur, The Vanguard, etc.

I guess, though it should probably only scale to guardians who are notable, and tier 4 everyone doesn't seem like the best thing without some more direct connection to a tier 4 feat.

We should definitely compile stuff the light can do, so we can see what abilities/resists would scale to every guardian. We can use those as a baseline for Guardian characters, then add their own stuff from there.

GalaxianAegis said:
So are we going to consider the Taken being able to implode Io as the low end feat for Guardians to scale to along with the other feats from the Books of Sorrow that scale to Ascendant Hive? High ends being the Tier 4 feats in the Books of Sorrow for Star to Solar System?

So most Guardians would look like this:

At least 5-C (Stronger than Taken which are capable of imploding Io), likely 4-B (Justifications vary here depending on the Guardian)

Characters like PC Guardian have far more feats, but we need to establish a baseline for the other notable ones like Ana Bray, Shin Malphur, The Vanguard, etc.
The Guardians are star level at least with supers and scaling to the court of Oryx members the

All I can really think of there is Osiris and Shin Malphur. Former has an explicit statement of being the strongest ever, by the ghost of the PC. Latter the Drifter isn't sure if you could beat. If you can find a reason for them though scaling like that's ok.

Scaling Saint 14 to tier 4 has a lot more backing than most of the other guardians (should be comparable to Osiris, fought the vex for even longer than they fought oryx's kids), but we decided to just keep him at 5-C for now, to be safe. When we start doing more wide scale stuff, like PC guardian type things, Saint-14 would be really easy to just scale to tier 4.

There's probably a Vex MFTL feat but idk it. Note his "possibly far higher" though.

I finished with saint-14. Take a look at the file, give feedback, will post soon.

I can't edit locked files. Pretty sure I put it on his ascendant key in my blog.

Perhaps add in Star-large star for nova bombs being they have the power of a collapsing star behind it

If we're waiting to scale saint-14 to tier 3, we should definitely wait for ikora. The only blatantly tier 4 guardians rn are the PC, Shin Malphur, and Osiris. The others we can upgrade later, but we gotta be conservative until the verse can really get established.

Oryx is allowed now, so go wild with your awful matchups.

Legit though I can only think of 2 4-Bs who can really fight the second key, at least with profiles as they are.

Kharn and the Emperor. The Yncarne probably can. Emps already stomped.

I personally believe the Yncarne has 1-A hax but eh.

I am still trying to find a match for God so rip.

Also, I mean, why isn't oryx low 2-C in his ascendant form? It's pretty much made clear him and crota are universe level.

The Yncarne does, but it's with like one attack. If you're familiar with the Grey Knight spell "Holocaust", it's like a much, much stronger version of that that the Yncarne can cast alone. It does in general have higher dimensional Rez negation though.

Incorrect tier banned from this thread

Issues with the size of the throne worlds. While the ascendant plane is undoubtedly at least universe sized, the throne world's within them aren't necessarily so. Oryx can scale off of the vex, but for that we need to finish up with the vex.

I personally think that there's plenty of evidence that Throne Worlds can be cosmic sized. High level Hive Gods like Oryx should be capable of compressing that size if they felt like it. One of Mara's contains a galaxy as well.

Also gave Ikora another tune up as was suggested.

Yeah I personally think tier 2 off of it is fine but it's not considered enough, so scaling from the vex is the easiest way to get that back.

Yeah there's dodging lasers and stuff. It's combat speed, not travel.

I've actually yet to see them dodge a Sleeper Stimulant shot in motion. Dodging Light also doesn't make you FTL... it varies greatly which is why a calculation would be preferred since it can range from Sub-Rel to even higher, it seems the highest possible interpretation of it was applied randomly.

You can stand right next to someone then dodge SS. Same goes for the hitscan weapons, which SS notably is not.

I think I saw a light Dodge calc come out at MFTL+, once, somehow.

Back