• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Denji VS Yuji • (8-7-1)

Pochita first fought the 7 weapon hybrids with his fullpower Chainsaw Devil form, wich stomped them.
Then Makima turned him into a hero by controlling media and he lost his chainsaw Devil form, forcing him to fight all 7 weapon hybrids again in the same chainsaw man form Denji uses, wich is relative to other weapon hybrids.

Pochita first fought the 7 weapon hybrids with his fullpower Chainsaw Devil form, wich stomped them.
Then Makima turned him into a hero by controlling media and he lost his chainsaw Devil form, forcing him to fight all 7 weapon hybrids again in the same chainsaw man form Denji uses, wich is relative to other weapon hybrids.
That wasn't Pochita, that was Denji using Pochita as a catalyst to reform his body and continue fighting.

The one fighting was Pochita, seen by Makima ripping him out and then caressing him. Denji was surviving on Power's blood and waiting for her to lower her guard

The body was formed from Pochita yes, but it was still very much Denji's consciousness.

The body was formed from Pochita yes, but it was still very much Denji's consciousness.
It was Pochita, not Denji. That was the irony behind Makima's speech about how Denji doesn't understand Chainsaw Man- she was speaking to Chainsaw Man himself.

This is a combination of Pochita tricking Makima, and Makima not knowing anything about Denji beyond his scent.

Even says HE was able to fight like that, not Pochita
He is literally referring to something Pochita did here- tearing out his heart and regenerating from it.

The largest piece of evidence is Part 2, when Sword Man says to Denji there was a strong swordsman he fought (him), Denji explains that it wasn't him that fought the Hybrids.

This is a combination of Pochita tricking Makima, and Makima not knowing anything about Denji beyond his scent.
I find it hard to believe that Pochita was perfectly emulating Denji's way of speaking without explicit confirmation.
The largest piece of evidence is Part 2, when Sword Man says to Denji there was a strong swordsman he fought (him), Denji explains that it wasn't him that fought the Hybrids.
Which refers to the first fight, in which yeah, it wasn't Denji fighting them.
He is literally referring to something Pochita did here- tearing out his heart and regenerating from it.
And he explicitly refers to himself as the one fighting lol. Reread what I said.

I find it hard to believe that Pochita was perfectly emulating Denji's way of speaking without explicit confirmation.
Doesn't need to be perfect, Makima doesn't know shit about Denji as a person. Additionally, Pochita has been with Denji for years.

And he explicitly refers to himself as the one fighting lol. Reread what I said.
It was Pochita that tore his own heart out in space. Denji, remembering this, tore out his heart which regenerated into Pochita, it's why he says "That "Denji" you were fighting", because it wasn't Denji- it was Pochita.

Which refers to the first fight, in which yeah, it wasn't Denji fighting them.
Why would it be referring to only the first fight. There were two main clashes vs Makima. Sword Man was present for both, and he says "when you fought Makima, there must have been a pretty strong sword fighter there too", after which Denji clarifies that he wasn't the one fighting.

Doesn't need to be perfect, Makima doesn't know shit about Denji as a person. Additionally, Pochita has been with Denji for years.
Makima clearly knows about Denji as a person. If she didn't know about Denji, his actions and habits, she wouldn't be able to emotionally manipulate him to bring out Chainsaw Man (Pochita). That was literally her entire plan.

The point of Makima's smell perception isn't that she doesn't know anything about the people she doesn't smell. It's just that she doesn't SEE them, because she doesn't utilize facial recognition to tell people apart. She remembered Denji, she just didn't remember his scent, which is how she differentiates between things, because she had no real interest in Denji beyond how he could get her to Chainsaw Man.
It was Pochita that tore his own heart out in space. Denji, remembering this, tore out his heart which regenerated into Pochita, it's why he says "That "Denji" you were fighting", because it wasn't Denji- it was Pochita
I know what happened bruh. The point is that if Denji wasn't the person doing the fighting, he wouldn't refer to the person fighting as himself, and would instead be explicit and say "yeah this was Pochita tricking you lol".
Why would it be referring to only the first fight. There were two main clashes vs Makima. Sword Man was present for both, and he says "when you fought Makima, there must have been a pretty strong sword fighter there too", after which Denji clarifies that he wasn't the one fighting.
Denji only clarifies this for a SINGLE battle, not both of them, which would clearly be referring to the first one because yes Denji did not fight the first battle.

Anyways even if we assume this is Pochita it's not a very good skill feat, since Pochita (it's Denji but we'll pretend it was Pochita for the sake or argument) took several hits and got easily ganged up on by his fellow Hybrids, while Yuji took zero hits from an opponent with twice the number of limbs and even countered an attack at point blank range with sheer skill. Yuji is superior no matter how you slice it.

Makima clearly knows about Denji as a person. If she didn't know about Denji, his actions and habits, she wouldn't be able to emotionally manipulate him to bring out Chainsaw Man (Pochita). That was literally her entire plan.

The point of Makima's smell perception isn't that she doesn't know anything about the people she doesn't smell. It's just that she doesn't SEE them, because she doesn't utilize facial recognition to tell people apart. She remembered Denji, she just didn't remember his scent, which is how she differentiates between things, because she had no real interest in Denji beyond how he could get her to Chainsaw Man.
I still disagree that she'd bother to learn his habits.

The facial recognition stuff is fair.

I know what happened bruh. The point is that if Denji wasn't the person doing the fighting, he wouldn't refer to the person fighting as himself, and would instead be explicit and say "yeah this was Pochita tricking you lol".
He doesn't refer to the Pochita as himself, he refers to it as a Pochita. "That "Denji" you were fighting was a Pochita". What he refers to when he says "I vaguely remember being able to fight like that." is Pochita being able to tear out & regenerate from his own heart, so he tore out his heart like Pochita did to produce a Pochita.

Denji only clarifies this for a SINGLE battle, not both of them, which would clearly be referring to the first one because yes Denji did not fight the first battle.
Doesn't change anything considering the fact that he didn't know Sword Man, and the reason he didn't was because he did not fight the battle against Makima. He could just be considering the whole ordeal as "the battle against Makima".

Regardless, I'm not voting yet, I'm still forming my opinion, I just felt the need to point out one of Yuji's advantages since it was mentioned.

I haven't gotten to Chainsaw Devil arc yet. Currently in the Gun Devil arc. What are the skill feats of these characters? I don't think Quanxi being stated to be able to beat everyone on earth in a fist fight means much when she blitzes and one-shots 99.99% of the population. But what about these other 6 characters? Do they got any crazy feats? Does Denji have any advantage over them that'd let him easily beat them in a 7v1?

I haven't gotten to Chainsaw Devil arc yet. Currently in the Gun Devil arc. What are the skill feats of these characters? I don't think Quanxi being stated to be able to beat everyone on earth in a fist fight means much when she blitzes and one-shots 99.99% of the population. But what about these other 6 characters? Do they got any crazy feats? Does Denji have any advantage over them that'd let him easily beat them in a 7v1?
Oof, if you're not wanting to read spoilers about it sorry, but if you don't care then:

I'm sure you're familiar with Katana Man, Reze, and Quanxi with how skilled they are (Katana Man being a difficult fight, Reze being trained by the Soviets, and Quanxi being incredibly old & an expert who's fought for many decades)

Sword Man, Spear Man, Whip Woman, and Flamethrower Man essentially have no skill feats, but Makima was still preparing all of the Hybrids for this fight.

He didnt even beat them. He got his ass handed to him then Makima fed him blood to heal him.
You might need to refresh your memory of that fight. Pochita first defeated Katana & Sword in a single exchange, then he took a ranged blow from Spear before killing Reze, Whip, and Spear all at once. He then got dogpiled by a ton of zombies & set on fire, but he bursts out to kill Flamethrower & get blocked by Quanxi. Pochita then beheads Quanxi as she shoots several holes through him, finally grounding him.

He didnt even beat them. He got his ass handed to him then Makima fed him blood to heal him.
Ah, I see. Then yeah, a comparison of skill shouldn't even be brought into question. Yuji's profile is hot ass as of right now, but I still think he wins here. Blue only has to land one Black Flash to the torso, and Denji's done. His heart will be turned Into a red mist. Which then gives him a 20% increase after the fact. So even if he kisses the heart, he'd be in the zone and prone to landing several more Black Flashes. Each of which will leave a gaping hole in Denji's torso.

Denji's best hope is using ranged attacks, but Itadori would quickly find a way to confine it to close quarters.

You might need to refresh your memory of that fight. Pochita first defeated Katana & Sword in a single exchange, then he took a ranged blow from Spear before killing Reze, Whip, and Spear all at once. He then got dogpiled by a ton of zombies & set on fire, but he bursts out to kill Flamethrower & get blocked by Quanxi. Pochita then beheads Quanxi as she shoots several holes through him, finally grounding him.
I know what happened, and you basically just reiterated what I said- He got his ass handed to him after getting dogpiled, and Makima had to revive him with blood. Whether or not he got a few blows in during that doesn't change what I said.

Maybe a more apt description is he barely won instead of straight up lost, but you have to acknowledge he barely survived the fight, against a bunch of people with very little skill feats of their own.

Oof, if you're not wanting to read spoilers about it sorry, but if you don't care then:

I'm sure you're familiar with Katana Man, Reze, and Quanxi with how skilled they are (Katana Man being a difficult fight, Reze being trained by the Soviets, and Quanxi being incredibly old & an expert who's fought for many decades)

Sword Man, Spear Man, Whip Woman, and Flamethrower Man essentially have no skill feats, but Makima was still preparing all of the Hybrids for this fight.

I don't mind spoilers, yeah. I'm familiar with Katana Man and Reze, yeah. Reze is like my favorite Hybrid. I think she'd make for a more interesting JJK match-up IMO. She is trained and used by the Russian military, so she's fairly skilled. Katana man is fearless skill-wise though. He just shoots up half the gang, then stat stomps the remainders and uses a blitz move to quickly take out people. But he never had any remarkable training. Quanxi is fair, but I wouldn't even put her on Itadori's level. Maybe Maki, but I'd have to look into her skill again.

Reze fans when "I think I like girls":
thanos-endgame_1.gif

He killed them all, but got incapacitated in a damage trade with quanxi. ( i'd say decapitating your enemy in exchange for incapacitation is a good trade).
That being said skill in chainsawman is a bit tricky since most of the time a character will just be said to be the best in the world/what training and background they have, but nothing particularly great in terms of direct skill showing beyond what you'd see in an action movie.

He killed them all, but got incapacitated in a damage trade with quanxi. ( i'd say decapitating your enemy in exchange for incapacitation is a good trade).
Maybe a more apt description is he barely won instead of straight up lost, but you have to acknowledge he barely survived the fight, against a bunch of people with very little skill feats of their own.

Btw, does grasshopper curse have any skill feat or is it just some creature with 4 arms?
No, but it's noted to have various advantages over Yuji that would make defeating it difficult from a physical standpoint. Most notably, it's superior power and eyesight, as well as it being able to use its 4 limbs independently of one another, and Yuji defeated it without being hit a single time.

If it's also worth anything, Mahito, another powerful and skilled curse considered the grasshopper powerful enough that when it was defeated, he was certain an exceptionally skilled sorcerer was present (which happened to be Yuji).

Back