• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Physiology Clean Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, we have a Demon Physiology page for DMC to basically avoid listing in every single demon profile all those abilities, and that's fine, my problem is that some of these abilities aren't really based on physiology or shouldn't be given to all demons, for many reasons. First, I need to ask you, what makes something a ability physiology based ? Answering that question is the biggest point of this CRT, since, in my view, we lost track of that question. I'm sure most of you agree that physiology based abilities are those general haxes and resistances that demons shall have by being demons, and to further prove that said ability scales to ALL demons, we need feats coming from many of them or a quote that uses words in a general sense, with no specific type of demon being mentioned

Let me show an example:

"Demons can strike fear in men by their mere presence"

A clear, direct statement for all demons about being able to Fear Hax them, scales to all of them and therefore, it is physiology based

Now an example that DOESN'T apply to Physiology:

"A flying demon from the Underworld, they can use poison as weapon"

Despite not being 100% clear, a little attention shows that not all demons in existance can use poison as weapons, as the quote is being specific about one type of demon

Among the current abilities, some of them are literally done by one single type of demon, and we absolutely should be more careful in adding this stuff to their physiology, most of the abilities are fine, and why ? Because the statement mentions "Demons", in general, or the feat is consistently done by many of them in different levels, but some others have no general quote whatsoever and/ or are done by a single one. If we keep in this way, demons are going to start being composite, with no unique abilities, and if u played some DMC games, you'll notice demons are very different from each other, some can fly, some are faster than others, some can lift more than others, some can manipulate space and time, some can use poison, fire, ice, darkness, electricity, sound, weaponize parts of their body, the list goes forever

So we'll look at the current abilities and see which actually have anything close to a proof of being physiology based, following the rules:

- It has to be stated to all (ALL) demons

- It has to be used by many (Many, not two or three) demons

Basic, as you can see, and I don't think I'm asking for too much

Demon Physiology has:

• Superhuman Physical Characteristics: Even the most simple type of demon is easily capable of tearing humans apart, cutting them in half with a single blow, and pose a threat to entire sections of a city.
Fine for obvious reasons
Fine, the statement is demons in a general sense
Not fine, only Blades are seen on this level underwater, and their description is:

上級悪魔が現世を攻撃するため開発した俊敏な戦闘生物
今回登場するのは水中に潜み鋭い爪を打ち出して攻撃する水棲の亜種であるらしい

Which translates to:

A battle creature created by the senior demons to attack this world.
The one encountered this time seems to be an aquatic subspecies that lurks in the water and attacks by striking with its sharp claw
s.

There are those skulls that u fight underwater in 1 and Lucia's mission in DMC2, but still not enough proof to cross scale to all demon kind as still doesn't show many demons having this ability
Since there were multiple demons inside them, not only Dante, I have no problems
Massive problem, the feat is done by Dante who has the Sparda Bloodline, which is directly stated to be special among demons, they don't scale to Dante, it's Dante who scales to them. It should be added to Sparda Lineage

As again said by Nico:

"He may be only half demon, but when that half is the blood of Sparda, that's some high octane gas you're working with. Most demons don't stand a chance"

So feats done by Dante (or anyone from the Sparda Bloodline) can't scale to other demons unless stated otherwise
Only one demon is seen here with no quotes with general sense, it should be removed and given to this specific demon, and added to the Sparda Lineage
Multiple feats from multiple demons from multiple tiers, perfectly fine

Mid Tier is fine, as it only adds that enhanced regeneration

High Tier

Only done by Mundus, no quote for others or general quote for demons, so it should be on Mundus profile only. It's also done by Sparda DT Dante, who has the Sparda Bloodline and thus, doesn't scale to any demons unless statements saying otherwise. It should be added to Sparda Bloodline (At 2-C)
Only done by Alternate Mundus, no quote for others or general quote for demons, so it should be on Alternate Mundus profile only. He is COMPLETELY different in physiology from any demon to EVER set foot on the series (As he is Non Existant), this being on the physiology page is contradictory

I'll talk about the DWE later

Resistances
Now, said demon does have a strong poison, but the Noctpteran is a Boss Fight that you face inside its lair, where you also find the larvae, giving the circumstances, it's very clear that not all demons in existance resist this as it's under a specific domain, we also never see this demon around the DW and how the others react to them, they can avoid the posion by literally staying away from it or its lair, similar to how a human avoids a snake. We know, via Nico's statements, that demons can eventually adapt (Under no specific timeframe) to their environment which is literally what happens on earth with the animals, so yes, this should be removed and added as a Poison Resistance to DMC2 Dante (Outside of Sparda's Bloodline as he is already beyond his father at this point)

The enhanced resistance in DT is also fine, while Dante's examples obviously do not scale to the demons (special demon juice), Lucia isn't, so no problems for me

High Tier

Extreme Cold and Cosmic Radiations: They can endure being in deep space, which has these properties

Only done by Mundus, no quote for others or general quote for demons, so it should be on Mundus profile only and for 2-C Sparda Physiology via Sparda DT Dante

Now, on the Demon World Energy:

Currently, Demon Kings are listed on Demon Juice page as users of the Demon World Energy, which is, you guessed, the magic power that sorrounds the Demon World, you can find the list of the page. But, there is massive problem with that: It isn't physiology based

As you guys already know, physiology pages becomes necessary when a race has many abilities and resistances by basically being what they are, one notable example is the Noble Physiology Page from Vampire Hunter D, which takes all of their common powers and list them there, to avoid a massive repetition of abilities in every single page. DMC's Demon page is no different, but what surprises me is said energy being there even when the very page assumes it only applies to two Demon Kings: Alt Mundus and Argosax, possibly for Mundus and Pluto, but that, actually, is wrong

Mundus was likely THE Demon King, and we never actually saw his Prime (Not in power, but as a King), while we know even less about Pluto, however they possibly having said energy just because they are/were Kings is very unlikely for me, the reason being Urizen, the (apparently) forgotten Demon King. Even after consuming the Qlipthoth Tree (And actually becoming King), he never showcased said energy or was even stated to have on his side, that alone shows us that being a King of the Underworld isn't enough to wield its energy in battle, therefore, it is a abiility, not a physilogy based thing, and should be removed from the DMC Demon page and added to Alt Mundus and Argosax profiles. I welcome anyone who links scans with them using said energy, however

Now, I know adding this to their profile does make their P&A section a lot bigger, but we have long sections like that all over the wiki (Some of them are bigger than Dante's whole profile) and keeping non-physiology based powers inside a physiology page is wrong by default, so please, avoid comments on that

Sparda Bois

Most of my problems are about the wording, it repeats stuff many times and could be less convoluted

Accel Deveopment problem:

Small thing actually, as most of the scans are fine, except two:

The first one isn't Accel Development or Reactive Evolution, but actually Rebellion awakening Dante's powers and thus he gains some new abilities (Enough to overcome his wounds at the moment), since it's via a Power Bestowal/Empowerment from a external power source, it shouldn't be listed here.

The other is just the link that explains why they have Low-High Regeneration (As it happens after the Yamato is delivered back to Nero), it should be on their Sparda Mid Tier Regeneration scans.

Then, we have a problem with the other section of abilities:

Current format:

New Proposal:

Basically, separate each ability, each Immortality said ability negates, for each scan, it will be the list a bit longer, but far better to read

Now, on these abilities, we have a MASSIVE circular scaling that happens on the resistances section, as seen here:

Note: EXTREME attention now, this is the most confusing part

Now, it's true that they are not affected by their own Soul and Mind Hax, but the very hax list shows examples of Dante affecting Vergil as feats for him, then why are we listing these as resistances ? There are scans where it shows it working, other shows the opposite. It's extremely confusing and innacurate, specially with quotes like this:

They can withstand attacks from each other or from others demons and still keep normally regenerating from their wounds just fine and they are also capable of developing the ability to resist when their resistances and/or adapting ability are overcome or denied by themselves or others and even resist layers of negations abilities

So, my suggestion ? First we separate what they completely resist from what is currently under discussion:

* Mind Manipulation: Said attack are also capable of destroying the target's mind as previously mentioned

Avoiding a complete repetition of scans in the process aswell

Now, into the other abilities, let's take a look at each scan and see what's happening there

First scan: like when Dante was still able to instantly heal his wounds when he fought Vergil and he pierced Dante's hands with Yamato and reflected Dante's bullets back for him

This is 6-C Vergil casually fighting Dante, we can't say he was going all out (and thus, using all of his haxes), when he did went more serious, at the top of the Temen-ni-gru, Dante only healed from his wounds after awakening his powers via Rebellion

Second scan: or when Dante after being fatally wounded by Vergil and this time being unable to heal his wound, he was show to have adapted to it by awakened his sleeping demonic powers to avoid dying and also in the process, he became much stronger and faster on his normal form

This only happened because Rebellion was in contact with his blood, which awakened his sword and by that, his demonic power, it doesn't come from his own body reacting but a external power up that will not happen again as the Sword is already awakened. That gave him a higher Regeneration (They jump from Mid to Low High)

Third scan: Vergil was capable to resist to some extent when he was cutted in half by Dante and still was capable to regenerate fast enough to not have his his upper half and lower half disconnected between each other.

This one is the good one

Note that literally none is related to Accelerated Development, they never nuke this from each other

What actually happens is that they can negate each other regeneration to a certain point, and as you guys saw above, their Reactive Evolution do cover their Regeneration (Dante's Awakening and Nero's case aren't good examples as mentioned, but we still have Vergil's case), which explains why they still can eventually regen, but close attention, they are not negating their Reactive Evolution, as it is what's making them heal and come back, what is being nuked is their Regeneration. Being capable of adapting to the current body damage and heal is literally Reactive Evolution, we do have examples of Dante not being able to nuke someone's regen nd eventually managing to harm said person, but they are done by God Tier 2-C Dante (Beyond Sparda Blood), it isn't the case here (But DMC5 changes that, just wait)

So the order of events is:

Vergil cuts Dante > Regeneration Negation > Dante is wounded > Reactive Evolution > Dante heals overtime > Vergil is still capable of harming him

DMC3 is literally filled with this. Based on that, my suggestion actually is, instead of them having this massive circular Hax-Resistance thing, this:

Add to their Regeneration Negation this:

And add to their Accel Dev and Reactive Evolution this:

Their body can adapt to damage and is capable of eventually overcoming their own attacks, which are capable of nullyfing their own Regeneration

I believe this leaves the explanation much easier to understand and avoids the circular scaling. It's one big "wow, that looks so much better", isn't ? Now, one can argue this is all about stacking Hax and Resistance again and again and again, but that severely lacks proof and is a massive High End interpretation of their battles that literally can be explained with a low end, safe explanation of the events. It also makes their Regeneration extremely difficult to fully negate

Now, the last thing

Like I said, DMC2 Dante did nuked someone regen after not being able to (Against Chen), however, he isn't capable of negating Vergil's in DMC5. Yes, now we have the broken scaling of events, as DMC2 Dante already has:

Improved Accelerated Development and Improved Reactive Evolution (Dante can develop the ability to negate or overcome his opponents's regeneration in the middle of combat...)

So DMC5 Vergil should have:

Resistance to Limited Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution (Dante, despite being capable of overcoming his opponent's regeneration even if he's unable of doing it at first, was still incapable of sucessfully harming Vergil, who managed to heal his wounds despite being left tired from the fight)

Aaand that's it, it's a bit long and I'm sorry for such a massive list of stuff, but all these problems are really tiresome to see on the page, and I had to do something. Read with attention and let's focus in making the page as "safe and accurate" as possible, never as "strong" as possible

I think everything is fine, except this part
Resistance to Limited Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution (Dante, despite being capable of overcoming his opponent's regeneration even if he's unable of doing it at first, was still incapable of sucessfully harming Vergil, who managed to heal his wounds despite being left tired from the fight)
I'm confused of why Vergil would get resistance to Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution. I mean, that wouldn't just be resistance to regeneration negation or a feat of Accelerated Development and/or Reactive Evolution?

That indeed needs some more debate on it. The fact is, Dante is capable of enhancing his ability to Negate Regeneration mid battle (What ability this is I dunno, just used what's on the profile), that would mean either this doesn't work on Vergil or he is just resistant enough to Dante be unable to close their gap in a battle's timeframe

The 2nd option is the Low End

this seems to be fine, although I never understood what the power of RE and AC was like some ideas are bad structured

Seems good but the grammar as it is (The main Demons Physiology page I mean), is horrendously bad.

More work for me I guess.

Last edited:
Resistances
Now, said demon does have a strong poison, but the Noctpteran is a Boss Fight that you face inside its lair, where you also find the larvae, giving the circumstances, it's very clear that not all demons in existance resist this as it's under a specific domain, we also never see this demon around the DW and how the others react to them, they can avoid the posion by literally staying away from it or its lair, similar to how a human avoids a snake. We know, via Nico's statements, that demons can eventually adapt (Under no specific timeframe) to their environment which is literally what happens on earth with the animals, so yes, this should be removed and added as a Poison Resistance to DMC2 Dante (Outside of Sparda's Bloodline as he is already beyond his father at this point)

The enhanced resistance in DT is also fine, while Dante's examples obviously do not scale to the demons (special demon juice), Lucia isn't, so no problems for me
There are fodder demon in the boss fight below the Moth, they remain unaffected poison dusting. Thats why it isn't just for Dante or Lucia.

Only done by Mundus, no quote for others or general quote for demons, so it should be on Mundus profile only. It's also done by Sparda DT Dante, who has the Sparda Bloodline and thus, doesn't scale to any demons unless statements saying otherwise. It should be added to Sparda Bloodline (At 2-C)
Extreme Cold and Cosmic Radiations: They can endure being in deep space, which has these properties

Only done by Mundus, no quote for others or general quote for demons, so it should be on Mundus profile only and for 2-C Sparda Physiology via Sparda DT Dante
Dante was already in space before transforming, he was just powering up out of rage, not transforming. Two distinctly different things.

Currently, Demon Kings are listed on Demon Juice page as users of the Demon World Energy, which is, you guessed, the magic power that sorrounds the Demon World, you can find the list of the page. But, there is massive problem with that: It isn't physiology based

As you guys already know, physiology pages becomes necessary when a race has many abilities and resistances by basically being what they are, one notable example is the Noble Physiology Page from Vampire Hunter D, which takes all of their common powers and list them there, to avoid a massive repetition of abilities in every single page. DMC's Demon page is no different, but what surprises me is said energy being there even when the very page assumes it only applies to two Demon Kings: Alt Mundus and Argosax, possibly for Mundus and Pluto, but that, actually, is wrong

Mundus was likely THE Demon King, and we never actually saw his Prime (Not in power, but as a King), while we know even less about Pluto, however they possibly having said energy just because they are/were Kings is very unlikely for me, the reason being Urizen, the (apparently) forgotten Demon King. Even after consuming the Qlipthoth Tree (And actually becoming King), he never showcased said energy or was even stated to have on his side, that alone shows us that being a King of the Underworld isn't enough to wield its energy in battle, therefore, it is a abiility, not a physilogy based thing, and should be removed from the DMC Demon page and added to Alt Mundus and Argosax profiles. I welcome anyone who links scans with them using said energy, however

Now, I know adding this to their profile does make their P&A section a lot bigger, but we have long sections like that all over the wiki (Some of them are bigger than Dante's whole profile) and keeping non-physiology based powers inside a physiology page is wrong by default, so please, avoid comments on that
I don't know where this likely Demon King is coming from from Mundus. either way the title is irrelevent, feats are whats important. The guy literally performed the same feat as argosax 2000 years ago, and unlike Argo who got thwarted by Dante, Mundus was actually successful. In DMC3 manga its literally described as king of Darkness/Underworld he wanted to consume the human world into Darkness , I can't believe we are rating him as possibly even though feats for him exists? Also lets not forget even a sealed statue he sustains the existence of Demon World. The fact that Beastheads created by him fuels its haxxes from power of demon world is another point in his favour.(its in scans of common resistances of demons against Beatheads abilities section).
There's also Mallet Island shenanigans to consider. We are told in DMC5 that sea ports/islands are constantly under influence of DW, the fact that Mundus can warp the islands reality and location as per his wish, and from inside the heart of Demon World even though Mirror World exists between HW and DW( which has its own reversed shenanigans), well..... 2+2=4....it doesn't take much to conclude Mundus can indeed control DWE.
With so much preponderance of evidence, its not "possibly" nor "likely".....but a full rating for Mundus controlling DWE is deserved.

rest of DWE stuff is fine.

Now, the last thing

Like I said, DMC2 Dante did nuked someone regen after not being able to (Against Chen), however, he isn't capable of negating Vergil's in DMC5. Yes, now we have the broken scaling of events, as DMC2 Dante already has:

Improved Accelerated Development and Improved Reactive Evolution (Dante can develop the ability to negate or overcome his opponents's regeneration in the middle of combat...)
This is fine.

This one is wierd.
Let me give an analogy; If you eat food I cannot resist you digesting it. I cannot resist the circulation of your blood flow in you arteries, I cannot resist the beating of your heart, I cannot resist the thought process of your brain. In short I cannot resist the internal functions of your body.
Thats what AD/RE/RPL is.
Vergil cannot resist Dante evolving/developing.

So what is exactly happening here?
lets look a fight in which Dante=Vergil and the mechanics of it.

In this, no matter how much DMC3 M13 Dante and Vergil hurt each other they cannot negate their regen.
But in DMC5 at the end of their battle both were capable of killing each other, and would have done so if it weren't for Nero.

So what's the difference? Well in their younger days, their AD was unable to evolve fast enough to neg their regen.
In the present day, their AD is quite fast, and thus are capable of gaining new regen neg mid-fight.
All in all, we need to just keep it simple. This is just an example of 2C Sparda Bloodline enhanced AD.
So this alone works quite well to explain everything for Sparda Bloodline(2C).
Improved Accelerated Development and Improved Reactive Evolution (Sparda Bloodline can develop the ability to negate or overcome his opponents's regeneration in the middle of combat...)

There are fodder demon in the boss fight below the Moth, they remain unaffected poison dusting. Thats why it isn't just for Dante or Lucia.

Few demons, not enough to give it to physiology, the whole point of this CRT is to show how arbitrary we are being with this page, freely scaling stuff to a whole race without feats or quotes to back it up. Having a few demons near doesn't mean it is physiology based

Dante was already in space before transforming, he was just powering up out of rage, not transforming. Two distinctly different things.

He was already under the Devil Sword Sparda's effects, to the point of being able to redirect attacks from Mundus and later on the Planet he also only uses DSS, so we can't say Base DMC1 Dante has these, better give it to 2-C or give it to DSS (DSS is actually better)

U forgot one thing, DMC5 bois are already beyond Sparda Bloodline, Vergil even has a different power source (Fruit)

This should be on their profile instead, and even then, they are tired but completely fine physically, I don't really see them negating their regen, and we have them stabing each other multiple times during the fight, if they heal, their regen is still there

The only difference between the scenarios is that DMC5 Dante can evolve his Regen Negation mid battle while DMC3 Dante can't, and DMC5 Vergil still had his regen, without any type of other proof, this should be Enhanced Resistance to Regen Negation

Last edited:
But it didn't listed on his Sparda heritage.

Also did he some kind resist transmutation? Qlipooth roots sucks humans blood and some of them get crystalized which result red orbs exist.

Dante just fine where Urizen try to do same.
Nero also resist on his earlier fights with Throne Urizen iirc, but that is for another thread.

It isn't because it shouldn't, Sparda Bloodline only scales until they surpass Sparda, beyond that they are developing their own abilities. Even then, we still have unique abilities for each Sparda Boi, since having the same source of power is different from knowing what to do with said power and learning stuff on their own. Only very specific stuff, that clearly is showed among them, is on their Bloodline

I guess this CRT is failing on making people be more careful with Physiology -_-

Ah yes about this regen negation resistance for both twins, I remember someone tweeted on Matt about what if Nero didn't interupt their final blow and he say like"They would still fighting regardless of condition"

This looks fine, though we would either cut and paste all the demon world powers to whoever scales to it, or we could just make a page for the Demon world and explain that whoever can use DW Hax has access to the demon world powers, especially since we have approval to make pages based on locations.

This looks fine, though we would either cut and paste all the demon world powers to whoever scales to it, or we could just make a page for the Demon world and explain that whoever can use DW Hax has access to the demon world powers, especially since we have approval to make pages based on locations.
I believe locations are going to be a thing ? Until there, yes, that's the plan, leave the energy with the users

That indeed needs some more debate on it. The fact is, Dante is capable of enhancing his ability to Negate Regeneration mid battle (What ability this is I dunno, just used what's on the profile), that would mean either this doesn't work on Vergil or he is just resistant enough to Dante be unable to close their gap in a battle's timeframe

The 2nd option is the Low End
I am more or less neutral on Resistance to Limited Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution; though the justifications make it seems like the second option could be more accurate.

I am fine with the other things.

Should we have underwater breathing for Lucia since she show cable battle underwater with no bad effect in mission 7

If so than never mind but can it scale to other
Trish also appears as bonus character in 2 and can swin in water.....but being a bonus character.....dunno how seriously we can take that. But personally I believe if someone were to toss her in a swimming pool, she wouldn't choke on water.

High Tier
Actually, they have other feat for this, since they can live in the Mirror World, which is a place that is impossible to breathe and also distort people's consciousness and take away their visions (This also works as another resistance feat for Mind Manipulation for then along with their also getting Sense Manipulation and Perception Manipulation too. This also should go as a adaptation feat for Dante on the Sparda Heritage too btw)

Fair enough on the emphatic and fear hax one.

Resistances
The Sparda boys should get on previous keys too, since they have a better physiology then Lucia, she definitely don't have a better physiology than the descendants of Sparda, and you agree that she is not special for physiology scaling, so they defenely should get that by scaling to Lucia.
High Tier
The Sparda boys should get that because of Dante's adapting to the Mirror World.

fair on the rest.
Now, on the Demon World Energy:
Agree with V here.
Sparda Bois

Most of my problems are about the wording, it repeats stuff many times and could be less convoluted

Accel Deveopment problem:

Small thing actually, as most of the scans are fine, except two:

The first one isn't Accel Development or Reactive Evolution, but actually Rebellion awakening Dante's powers and thus he gains some new abilities (Enough to overcome his wounds at the moment), since it's via a Power Bestowal/Empowerment from a external power source, it shouldn't be listed here.
They state in DMC4 that Rebellion is the physical manifestation of Dante's powers, so i'm not sure if what happens is actually Dante doing, especially since we know that he can transform in his demon forms in the brink of death moments (stated by Dante in BtN and also supported by the fact that he transformed whiteout Rebelion in the DMC3 manga).

And of course if that's is not enougt evidence, He still should have this on his Post DT section on Sparda Heritage page, since he is now capable to overcome his new wounds thanks to gaining new abilites by the powers of Sparda sealed inside the Rebelion (Which we all know is just more Sparda's juice)
This is 6-C Vergil casually fighting Dante, we can't say he was going all out (and thus, using all of his haxes), when he did went more serious, at the top of the Temen-ni-gru, Dante only healed from his wounds after awakening his powers via Rebellion
Don't see why Vergil would be 6-C in the manga considering they can grow stronger by just existing and we know very well that this comes from Sparda himself, as he sealed his own powers because of him fearing how strong he was getting by just mere existing, they should not scale to their most olders keys whiteout statements or feats (Otherwise, why volume 1 Dante is not 7B since, he is only months prior to DMC3 manga events?). Lets also not forgot their busted AD and RPL/Pain Empowerments sheneraigans that alows then, to go from being comparable or weaker to their opponents to destroy then in middle of combat (Dante vs Gilver, Nero vs Dante, Kid Vergil vs Sins, Dante vs Abigail, etc...)
Second scan: or when Dante after being fatally wounded by Vergil and this time being unable to heal his wound, he was show to have adapted to it by awakened his sleeping demonic powers to avoid dying and also in the process, he became much stronger and faster on his normal form

This only happened because Rebellion was in contact with his blood, which awakened his sword and by that, his demonic power, it doesn't come from his own body reacting but a external power up that will not happen again as the Sword is already awakened. That gave him a higher Regeneration (They jump from Mid to Low High)
Explained a bit above of my comments.
Third scan: Vergil was capable to resist to some extent when he was cutted in half by Dante and still was capable to regenerate fast enough to not have his his upper half and lower half disconnected between each other.

This one is the good one

Note that literally none is related to Accelerated Development, they never nuke this from each other

What actually happens is that they can negate each other regeneration to a certain point, and as you guys saw above, their Reactive Evolution do cover their Regeneration (Dante's Awakening and Nero's case aren't good examples as mentioned, but we still have Vergil's case), which explains why they still can eventually regen, but close attention, they are not negating their Reactive Evolution, as it is what's making them heal and come back, what is being nuked is their Regeneration. Being capable of adapting to the current body damage and heal is literally Reactive Evolution, we do have examples of Dante not being able to nuke someone's regen nd eventually managing to harm said person, but they are done by God Tier 2-C Dante (Beyond Sparda Blood), it isn't the case here (But DMC5 changes that, just wait)
Dante did that to Vergil in Mallets Island, he taked years to come back and still needed to separate himself with Yamato to survive, so they can have on their High 3A keys.
I believe this leaves the explanation much easier to understand and avoids the circular scaling. It's one big "wow, that looks so much better", isn't ? Now, one can argue this is all about stacking Hax and Resistance again and again and again, but that severely lacks proof and is a massive High End interpretation of their battles that literally can be explained with a low end, safe explanation of the events. It also makes their Regeneration extremely difficult to fully negate
Considering almost every haxs in DMC that shows to bypass resistances is portrayed to be one layer more higher in potency compared to the level of resistance that he showed to surpass, i don't see why we should treat this ones as specials, so unless you have a very good reason for that, i'm an agaist that downgrade.
Now, the last thing

He did in DMC1 against Nelo Angelo and years later against Abigail, so it can go on the Sparda Heritage section.
Not Sure if this should go as only a feat for Vergil, since Dante already did this on DMC1 against Nelo Angelo in a very hard battle, and Nelo can do the same as Dante here, but he lost instead of winning this time.

This one is wierd.
Let me give an analogy; If you eat food I cannot resist you digesting it. I cannot resist the circulation of your blood flow in you arteries, I cannot resist the beating of your heart, I cannot resist the thought process of your brain. In short I cannot resist the internal functions of your body.
Thats what AD/RE/RPL is.
Vergil cannot resist Dante evolving/developing.

So what is exactly happening here?
lets look a fight in which Dante=Vergil and the mechanics of it.

In this, no matter how much DMC3 M13 Dante and Vergil hurt each other they cannot negate their regen.
But in DMC5 at the end of their battle both were capable of killing each other, and would have done so if it weren't for Nero.

So what's the difference? Well in their younger days, their AD was unable to evolve fast enough to neg their regen.
In the present day, their AD is quite fast, and thus are capable of gaining new regen neg mid-fight.
All in all, we need to just keep it simple. This is just an example of 2C Sparda Bloodline enhanced AD.

Dante did something similar in DMC1 against Nelo Angelo and he taked years to come back, so it should go there on Sparda Heritage section. And he also did that against Abigail in the anime too.

The Sparda boys should get on previous keys too, since they have a better physiology then Lucia, she definitely don't have a better physiology than the descendants of Sparda, and you agree that she is not special for physiology scaling, so they defenely should get that by scaling to Lucia.
Lucia is an artificial demon I do not think we should scale artificial demons to those born of the DW or descendants of a demon

Actually, they have other feat for this, since they can live in the Mirror World, which is a place that is impossible to breathe and also distort people's consciousness and take away their visions (This also works as another resistance feat for Mind Manipulation for then along with their also getting Sense Manipulation and Perception Manipulation too. This also should go as a adaptation feat for Dante on the Sparda Heritage too btw)

Fair enough on the emphatic and fear hax one.

This is a clean up and it's already done, I just nuked the stuff based only on what is on the profile, the scan is okay I guess (nice findings, bro), but add it to the next addition, this is already accepted and I don't wanna bother the staff again

They state in DMC4 that Rebellion is the physical manifestation of Dante's powers, so i'm not sure if what happens is actually Dante doing, especially since we know that he can transform in his demon forms in the brink of death moments (stated by Dante in BtN and also supported by the fact that he transformed whiteout Rebelion in the DMC3 manga).

And of course if that's is not enougt evidence, He still should have this on his Post DT section on Sparda Heritage page, since he is now capable to overcome his new wounds thanks to gaining new abilites by the powers of Sparda sealed inside the Rebelion (Which we all know is just more Sparda's juice)

The sword was "dormant" just like Dante was, when touched his blood, both of them awakened, at that specific moment, it was Rebellion's boost, but later yeah, it should be Dante's ability

After the DT it should be fine, but is really that necessary ? It is a bit overkill to add any more information (they have LOT already), the profile is complicated enough

Don't see why Vergil would be 6-C in the manga considering they can grow stronger by just existing and we know very well that this comes from Sparda himself, as he sealed his own powers because of him fearing how strong he was getting by just mere existing, they should not scale to their most olders keys whiteout statements or feats (Otherwise, why volume 1 Dante is not 7B since, he is only months prior to DMC3 manga events?). Lets also not forgot their busted AD and RPL/Pain Empowerments sheneraigans that alows then, to go from being comparable or weaker to their opponents to destroy then in middle of combat (Dante vs Gilver, Nero vs Dante, Kid Vergil vs Sins, Dante vs Abigail, etc...)

I get your point, but we know for a fact that he already had his DT by then, meaning he is stronger than Dante and wasn't trying to kill him at that battle (didn't even took the amulet either). The 6-C argument was just based on the profile, but take it as "Stronger than Dante", the reasons remain the same

An ability like regeneration negation is very linked to going for the kill, if you know the target has regeneration, using negation is very likely with the intention of killing the opponent without needing to worry about his healing, that's the catch, we can't say any of them had the killing intent there (Unlike Temen-ni-gru), so assuming they are negating and resisting negation is a push. Hope u understand my point, it's playing safe, but only for the sake of accuracy

Considering almost every haxs in DMC that shows to bypass resistances is portrayed to be one layer more higher in potency compared to the level of resistance that he showed to surpass, i don't see why we should treat this ones as specials, so unless you have a very good reason for that, i'm an agaist that downgrade.

Your reason is because other haxes can bypass layers, then this one should ? That's arbitrary, and ignores the other points here. Thing is, such a massive circular scaling of haxes doesn't happen with any other hax on the verse, we have like some Time Haxes being able to bypass some resistances, and people like Dante managing to overcome demon's resistance to Fear, that's one thing, but the former explanation for their battles was FAR beyond that. So if your reason to support the older style is just based on "it happens with other haxes", sorry but I can't agree

Let's see

They have Accelerated Development and RE

They have Accelerated Development and RE Negation because they nuke from each other

They have Resistance to Accelerated Development and RE Negation because they...don't nuke from each other ?

That's, literally, circular scaling

What my CRT proposed ? The actual events without going into this massive high end interpretation, that's because 1 they never stop the other from developing/evolving, they actually can negate their Regeneration, and 2 what makes them stay on their feet is their body's Accelerated Development and RE, since it adapts to damage. Note that this part of the explanation ISN'T based on "they can't nuke layers", but actually LOOKING AT WHAT THEY ARE NUKING and what they aren't, the layers problem is just the second issue

Now, one very important detail is the level of damage that happened to Vergil in 1, in 3 he was slashed and stabbed multiple times, got his regeneration negated and was saved by his body's reaction, but in DMC1 he was completely destroyed, which is a situation that we didn't saw in 3. This only shows that if Dante, who has this crazy Regeneration Negation actually managed to reach such level of damage, Vergil won't return so easily like he did in 3, this is the feat at face value

He did in DMC1 against Nelo Angelo and years later against Abigail, so it can go on the Sparda Heritage section.

Abigail seems fine, I had that feat on my mind but followed the clean up proposal and only used what was on the page, but like I said, let's avoid adding stuff now that this is already waiting to be closed

About the DWE, me and V agreed on a thread to further add to who should have and who shouldn't

About Lucia, like Oliver said, she's artificial, which is dangerous since that's very linked to physiology

Can Dante have underwater breathing i remember in dmc1 Dante have battle underwater too and despite health will constantly deplete dante cannot actually die just from this, the sea will only drain his health down to the final "magic pixel"

This is a clean up and it's already done, I just nuked the stuff based only on what is on the profile, the scan is okay I guess (nice findings, bro), but add it to the next addition, this is already accepted and I don't wanna bother the staff again
Fair enough for me.
The sword was "dormant" just like Dante was, when touched his blood, both of them awakened, at that specific moment, it was Rebellion's boost, but later yeah, it should be Dante's ability

After the DT it should be fine, but is really that necessary ? It is a bit overkill to add any more information (they have LOT already), the profile is complicated enough
Fair on this one too.
I get your point, but we know for a fact that he already had his DT by then, meaning he is stronger than Dante and wasn't trying to kill him at that battle (didn't even took the amulet either). The 6-C argument was just based on the profile, but take it as "Stronger than Dante", the reasons remain the same

An ability like regeneration negation is very linked to going for the kill, if you know the target has regeneration, using negation is very likely with the intention of killing the opponent without needing to worry about his healing, that's the catch, we can't say any of them had the killing intent there (Unlike Temen-ni-gru), so assuming they are negating and resisting negation is a push. Hope u understand my point, it's playing safe, but only for the sake of accuracy
Technically, holding back don't exactly means that someone is not trying to kill each other, but eh fair enough on this one.
Now, one very important detail is the level of damage that happened to Vergil in 1, in 3 he was slashed and stabbed multiple times, got his regeneration negated and was saved by his body's reaction, but in DMC1 he was completely destroyed, which is a situation that we didn't saw in 3. This only shows that if Dante, who has this crazy Regeneration Negation actually managed to reach such level of damage, Vergil won't return so easily like he did in 3, this is the feat at face value
It actually should go as improved AD and RE negative instead of only a better regen neg feat, Nelo was able to recover from his second battle with Dante in at worst some hours after the battle ends, with the same not happening in the third one, but i'm going to leave this for another haxs additions anyway.
Abigail seems fine, I had that feat on my mind but followed the clean up proposal and only used what was on the page, but like I said, let's avoid adding stuff now that this is already waiting to be closed

About the DWE, me and V agreed on a thread to further add to who should have and who shouldn't
Sure, np for me.
About Lucia, like Oliver said, she's artificial, which is dangerous since that's very linked to physiology
Fair enougth, leave for DMC2 Dante only then.

Can Dante have underwater breathing i remember in dmc1 Dante have battle underwater too and despite health will constantly deplete dante cannot actually die just from this, the sea will only drain his health down to the final "magic pixel"
He will have self-sustenance type 1 by adapting to the Mirror World along with demons also getting that when i post my haxs CTR, so don't worry he will have something better than underwater breathing in his profile.

He already has self sustance type 1 and survive in space which is better tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back