• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Defining Mewtwo's range

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
We're all aware of the planetary life-wiping hurricane from the first movie. Shouldn't that be enough justification for planetary range?

Don't know. I've only seen island level range in the manga with the psywave tornado making Cerulean Cave inaccessible. And I may be wrong about that.

As professor of the Alola Region, I gotta say this discovered implication shakes my soul, oh yeah! xD

Jokes aside, I hope others comment their input too eventually.

I'd like to remind that we use the original source material and not the censored 4kids dub version. Mewtwo's personality and goal are different between the original and dub. In the dub, Mewtwo is more boastful about its powers and certain about superiority to Mew and wants to destroy the world with a hurricane it created to get revenge on humanity. In the original, Mewtwo is instead portrayed as a confused being and, while its motive is still to get revenge on humanity, it is not the destruction of the world by means of the storm, but the actual confrontation between Mewtwo and the trainers that is its goal, with the storm used as a test that the trainers had to get through. So Mewtwo is not planetary range.

Sorry, Dark. We use both. We had a really big discussion about that several months ago. Not to mention that we called said feat several times.

We should only use the original text, if it was a planetary storm it can be applied. Using the the 4kids version is the same as using DBZA to justify 3-C Cell.

RadicalMrR said:
We should only use the original text, if it was a planetary storm it can be applied. Using the the 4kids version is the same as using DBZA to justify 3-C Cell.
I agree with this.

Back