• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Defeaters of the US fight each other (again)

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
Yujiro Hanma vs Rick Sanchez. Speed is equalized. Pre-Phoenix Project for Rick and Rick has 2 hours to prepare himself, no previous knowledge. Both are bloodlusted in battle, but only during battle, meaning Rick isn't bloodlusted while preparing. Battle starts in 3m between them, aside from all this, SBA.

Demonback
RickSanchezvs
Wubba lubba dub-dub!

Yujiro Hanma: 1

Rick Sanchez: 0

SCP-682: 0

So, , it's unknown if Rick would prepare properly and Yujiro's aura could actually paralyze him for a bit.

Shouldn't we assume he'd prepare here like how he prepared against the president? Semi-seriously?

Rick thinks he's untouched normally. So if he's randomly required to deal with someone it depends. Like if he's spending 2 hours to prepare to kill something I'd think he'd definitely take it seriously.

But the fact that he has 2 hours to prepare doesn't mean he will.

He very well could just get some beer and get wasted thinking it'll be an easy win.

Fair enough. It depends on how Rick is feeling to be honest. He would at least have a few standard weapons that could one-shot Yujiro. Like his watch.

Oh, he definitly would have some of his stuff.

Not sure he could actually use them, what with Yujiro's aura paralyzing him and the AP difference.

Well shit, if this is BL, Yujiro's gunning with his aura. That's a passive physical force, fear manip that works on Rick, and Madness manip that works on Rick. My boi Rick's gunna have to hop in your with some crazy shit

Rick's not always serious but he's not an idiot. In just about any encounter, he usually prepares an amount of equipment needed to deal with whatever comes his way - as a prime use of his prep time, take when he bodied that world threat with prep just to set up a SAW trap.

I see Rick going for the laziest, minimal effort win - not no win at all.

Of course, that's such a Rick thing to do. He wouldn't want to die of course, but if he can save his life with minimum effort, that's the route he'll take

Ricsi-viragosi said:
But he doesn't know what he needs to win.
Specifically, equipment that kills Yujiro without his input.
Can we assume Rick can use his prep time to conduct research on what his enemy is? It seems OOC for him to prepare against something without the slightest clue of what it is.

...Wait, doesn't Rick have Phoenix for rezz now? Yujiro will definitely go for the kill, Rick will die, but Rick will have the knowledge he needs to win a second time.

Because he'll be coming back with all the preparations he needs to, say, nuke Yujiro while hiding in another timeline.

Wait, what is the range on Yujiro's aura in the first place? Is it just based upon sight? Because if so, I think this is a stomp. If Rick literally just can't do anything while Yujiro turns him into mush, it's very one-sided. Edit: Just checked the profile, it says tens of meters, and if I'm interpreting the image linked properly, his aura affected an entire skyscraper, while this battle starts at 3 meters between them. He passively stomps with aura. Unless the range is increased, or if Yujiro no longer has bloodlust, or even both, I think this is a stomp.

RinneItachi said:
Wait, what is the range on Yujiro's aura in the first place? Is it just based upon sight? Because if so, I think this is a stomp. If Rick literally just can't do anything while Yujiro turns him into mush, it's very one-sided. Edit: Just checked the profile, it says tens of meters, and if I'm interpreting the image linked properly, his aura affected an entire skyscraper, while this battle starts at 3 meters between them. He passively stomps with aura. Unless the range is increased, or if Yujiro no longer has bloodlust, or even both, I think this is a stomp.
Not really, if you look at the original thread you can see why, as well as Rick being able to prep weapons with one-shotting capability.

Oh, I get it. Still, from what I'm seeing here, and the image, his aura can cause harm. Again, if I'm not misinterpreting the image, Yujiro shook a skyscraper and destroyed a large part of a wall in front of him, with just his aura. At only a 9 foot distance, I'm pretty sure that'd be enough to hurt Rick, or at least effect him very negatively, and keep in mind that the effect would be constant for a bloodlusted Yujiro. You have that coupled with the fact that Rick would feel an instinctual fear, and that Yujiro, in this scenario, desires absolutely nothing but to kill him as fast and brutally as he can. Also, I know he has one shot weapons. Yujiro can also one shot Rick, the only difference here is range, which isn't too important when they're only 9 feet apart, and when Yujiro is skilled enough to avoid any attack from Rick, because speed is equal.

So, at 9 feet, it would instantly kill Rick, or at least incapacitate him long enough for Yujiro to easily come in and one shot him.

Yes. Rick's win con 100% relies on him making a machine that would be able to either find out all of Yujiro's powers and counter them or create a machine that protects himself from Yujiro's level of AP, both of which he totally could do, but as someone mentioned before, he's likely too lazy and arrogant seeing as Yujiro is just "a big, muscle-y human with some wonky anatomy" as Rick would likely see it

Back