• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deconstruction for Cinder Fall

Shown it here. If she did it with her Maiden's powers this should scales to other Maidens like Raven and to Ozpin.

@Ricsi

I think if she was burned her we could see flames or smoke there, but Pyrrha was shattered into pieces after being hit by her arrow.

She used fire exclusively, and she was reduced to ashes. Her not burning normally should just be normal RWBY weirdness not a superpower of hers.

Pyrrha even shone before being reduced to pieces, something quite strange to be just fire

Ricsi-viragosi said:
She used fire exclusively, and she was reduced to ashes. Her not burning normally should just be normal RWBY weirdness not a superpower of hers.
Cinder's semblance is the ability to superheat matter at will, its not exclusively fire manip

WeeklyBattles said:
Cinder's semblance is the ability to superheat matter at will
Superheating the human body would cause it to char and burn, though (although it'd explode from the water in the body being evaporated first), although the way Cinder killed Pyrrha doesn't allign with either superheating or combustion in any realistic sense.

Personally it just looks like she disintegrated her with extreme heat, but the artists didn't want Pyrrha to become a charred husk so they had her disintegrate/turn to ashes. It doesn't mean Cinder has the abilities to disintegrate matter on a touch, the most we get is that she can vaguely "reshape" objects she heats in a guidebook actively retconning her powers.

As mentioned on the previous thread:

Ruby: I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.

Glynda: Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby.

Ironwood: Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.

She wasn't using dust in her clothing to do what she did, but her semblance?

Eh, I suppose she could have both.

Although the rest of my points are still there.

I distinctly remember crwby saying that was what she was doing, and then it being retconned when mounty came up with the maidens mid season 2.

There is WoG that Cinder went overboard with her 'new powers' when she dusted Pyrhha, implying that this is a maiden feat. At the same time, this fits with her Scorching Caress sembalance description in the guidebook, but there is probably a retcon (the same WoG from Miles state that Cinder's can 'control dust', and this was restated by voice actress Arryn and Barbara).

https://old.reddit.com/r/RWBY/wiki/...s_semblance_.28and_whether_pyrrha_survived.29

So I see three options:

1- Maiden feat

2- Sembalance feat

3- Cinder enhanced her sembalance with maiden powers to super-superheat objects

I'd say option #3 is more reasonable, since it is compatible with the 'new powers' statement, and makes the whole affair about Cinder knitting fire-ish dust into her clothes be much more reasonable.

Back