• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Debunking Bill Cipher's 2-A tier + Axolotl downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess SMT needs a downgrade considering how the Amala Network is just called a universe. Also how on earth can a being capable of destroying a singular universe's timeline be a threat to the entire infinite multiverse. That's like saying a bee is a threat to the planet earth's existence.

The threat thing. That's not really good enough.

To me, when he says this dimension will be free, I think he's talking about the entire 3rd dimension. Not just the unvierse. Does the 3rd dimension encase the entire infinite multiverse? idk.

As for the the range, being able to travel to other unvierses isn't multiversal range. You have to prove that the character can attack across universes. That's how I see it. Perhaps my interpretation has been wrong all this time.

Dimensional Travel, by definition, needs you to reach other universes. You can't travel through multiple dimensions with only the range of one dimension.

That's low multiversal right there

Also yeah, I always thought that he meant by dimension in that statement means the 3rd dimension since he literally just finished talking about liberating the 2nd dimension.

According to the range page: Range refers to how far the attacks of a certain character can efficiently reach on their own.

So i don't think makeing portals grants you range for attacks.

@Tyranno223 That's a terrible analogy when SMT actually does have feats on that level. Also the context is important, universe doesn't refer to the entire multiverse in Gravity Falls.

Bill is a threat to the multiverse like how a corrupt government is a threat to a country. It doesn't mean the government leaders are 6-B.

These threads, man, there's too many lol.

I agree with the OP, but I do see where ED is coming from when the danger feels more immediate. But it could also be seen as where if they failed to stop Bill, then he'd go wreaking havoc everywhere and nothing could stop him. Either lead to immediate danger, but him doing it universe by universe seems more logical in this situation.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
The threat thing. That's not really good enough.

To me, when he says this dimension will be free, I think he's talking about the entire 3rd dimension. Not just the unvierse. Does the 3rd dimension encase the entire infinite multiverse? idk.

As for the the range, being able to travel to other unvierses isn't multiversal range. You have to prove that the character can attack across universes. That's how I see it. Perhaps my interpretation has been wrong all this time.
Gravity Falls does use dimensions to refer to universes. For example, Dimension 52 and Time Baby's usage of the term. So when Bill said "your dimension", he is more likely to be referring to the universe.

Anyways

Bill saying "your dimension" clearly refers to the entire 3rd dimension now that I'm thinking about it.

"I liberated my dimension so now I'm here to liberate yours"

Unless you wanna say 11-A Bill is Low 2-C then thats very clearly referring to the 3rd dimension

Not all the time. Bill refers to the second dimension as a form of direction, as his allusion to being flat. He also says he's done a multi dimensional make over, and shows him self being 3d instead of 2d.

It's used both as universes and directionally. I believe when he says he'll free your dimension he's talking about the directional dimensions.

If you're removing 2-A dimensional rip give him infinite speed.

He can't be athreat to an infinite multiverse by universe jumping if he doesnt cross it within finite time.

But there are no infinite speed feats for Bill. He can just create portals or teleport to other universes. Again, him being a threat to the multiverse is a general statement, plus he is also immortal so he has all the time in the world to cause havoc.

Take this

Infinite licorice

If i eat the licorice forever forever am I a threat to that infinite licorice's existence? No. Because it's infinite and keeps going.

Now if I manage to eat an infinite licorice in finite time, I have infinite eating speed and I was a threat to that licorice's existence.

The infinite multiverse isnt threatened by a thousand or a million universes stopping existing because there is still infinite universes left

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Take this

Infinite licorice

If i eat the licorice forever forever am I a threat to that infinite licorice's existence? No. Because it's infinite and keeps going.

Now if I manage to eat an infinite licorice in finite time, I have infinite eating speed and I was a threat to that licorice's existence.

The infinite multiverse isnt threatened by a thousand or a million universes stopping existing because there is still infinite universes left
If Anti-Monitor doesn't get infinite speed for devouring an infinite number of universes in finite time, neither should Bill for being a threat to an infinite multiverse.

Yellowpig10 said:
Tbh the anti monitor probably should get infinite speed
Anti-monitor have doesn't infinite speed only through Dimensional he devouring infinite of Universes

Did like Dark Star Thresh has infinite speed which can DS thresh is 2-B can Dark Stars have the potential to destroy all of existence.

I don't know LoL, but looking at his profile it looks like Thresh has more going for infinite speed there than Bill does.

I mean

Pulling up a single profile that doesnt have the rating doesnt debunk my point

If anything Anti-Monitor should get infinite speed

This only applies if we're taking that he hops through universes

At the same time you could also say "well if he's infinite speed then he should've done it all in zero time. The fact that it takes him time to do it at all makes it not infinite speed."

About the interdimensional travel thing, I've seen it listed as "cross-dimensional" range.

But maybe low multiversal is better, since that's an official range rating.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
...crossing an infinite distance in finite time is infinite speed dude
Infinity/60 = infinity

Anyways I'd say i'd prefer the 2-A dimensional rip over infinite speed anyways
Teleportation/portal creation doesn't count as infinite speed.

Andytrenom said:
Teleportation doesn't count as infinite speed, ravaging an infinite number of locations within a finite amount of time tho does count.
If anything, that should be handled in a different thread as it sounds like a more extensive issue. I'd like this to stay on topic.

@Warrior Isn't the topic about how Bill is a threat to existence, and what it means for his ratings? You kinda will have to discuss the implications of threatening an infinite multiverse via going from one universe to another if that's the interpretation you draw from the statement.

And I don't think it's an extensive issue, performing an infinite amount of actions in a finite amount of time is a pretty clear cut situation of infinite speed.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back