• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Accuracy Scale [READ RULES FIRST!] (Limit Reached)

Sorvoe, you're harsh as ****, bro. I only take the animation into account. I only hold grudges if the fight was terrible (like Bomberman VS Dig Dug, probably the worst fight ever.

I just figured that with a list this long, we're going to have to get into minute details for placement, so I provided what I could. I personally don't have any problems with any of the fights, no matter how wrong they were. I just think some episodes are weaker than others

If I had to give two cents about two fights in season I think they didn't do a good job:

-Cloud vs Link: While who would win is very debatable (I mean, we consider Cloud the clean cut winner, but the result can get pretty blurry and vary a lot depending on where you go), I think neither fighter was made justice. They straight up made up weaknesses for Cloud, such as being a dumb fighter or being vulnerable to Holy weaponry because of his Jenova cells or giving Cloud a very powerful armor but ignoring its effects completely in the analysis; and they granted Link's win on very iffy reasons such as how the Golden Gauntlets would stop Cloud's strength despite not even calculating Cloud's power (and as Vergil vs Sephy shows, he did have a strength feat to bypass them), having the Target Lock-On equate to Bullet Time, having aerial combat on par with Cloud, etc... without actually using or mentioning Link's actual strengths, such as his insane arsenal, his different powers and abilities, or simple commenting how a composite Link has huge amounts of knowledge and experience, not that Cloud is stupid.

Essentially it feels the outcome was more of a headcannon to piece together the scenario rather than the natural outcome of research on those two, after limiting both to their bare basic equipment.

-Superman vs Goku: I can't say much about the winner given I know little of Superman, but they did a pretty flimsy job with Goku's abilities such as using a speed feat from the beginning of the series, despite how Dragon Ball openly shows how becoming stronger makes you faster, and considering a very inconsistent lifting feat to measure his destructive power. Then, in order to make things more fair they used lesser feats for Superman, hindering the Man of Steel's display as well, didn't they? As shown in Goku vs Superman 2 where they pulled much more impressive feats.

@Titan: I know Ragna's status as a 2-A is rather recent due to newer revisions, but was he considered a low 2-C when the fight with Sol came out?

We're not taking into account how hated matchups are. Superman V Goku would be last place if we did. It was a close fight, Superman easily wins against Base Goku, but gets destroyed by stronger versions.

Eh? I am not talking about how disliked the Goku vs Supes matchup its, I meant that underplayed a lot both fighters, and had inconsistencies that I am surprised they didn't consider (base Goku shoves people through several buildings and giant rocks repeatedly, yet they still went with 40 tons), and how they actually chose to downplay Superman to give Goku a better display. Then again, if I am mistaken, just let me know.

The fight wasn't close though, Goku was horribly outmatched as their results show (I am speaking of their standards, btw, not our site's stats). I really don't mind Goku losing, or even being stomped, but how that decision was made is what I think was mishandled. Not complaining about the animation (where the fight was portrayed as pretty close), it look incredible and while it has aged a bit, it's still an absolute blast to watch.

That's my question regarding Rags: was Ragna a low 2-C back then? If he wasn't a low 2-C did he became one with material that came after their Death Battle or by taking a second look at what already had came out? If he was upgraded with a game that still wasn't released back then we can't really hold it against Death Battle. But if he was, then I agree, Sol would have badly lost to hax.

It was clearly done badly, but it doesn't deserve to be the most hated. It's no where near the most inaccurate compared to the bottom. At least it even was a close match and not a terrible stomp like the lower entries.

I agree with you, though. The hate is mostly due to both Goku and Superman's popularity and how deeply admired they both are, had Goku won we would have the same mess but with the sides reversed.

I am not arguing it should be low on the list BTW, nor that it was one of the worst researched battles, I am simply giving my two cents on why I thought it wasn't well done research wise. I apologize if it seemed otherwise.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Since Supes and Cloud were mentioned, would Ragna be able to destroy them too?
You mean in a straight up fight? I can't speak for Supes (especially a composite one), but Cloud is absolutely no match for Ragna. Or you mean their Death Battles in the ranking?

My bad, I misunderstood your question. When you asked if Ragna would be able to destroy Superman and Cloud I didn't get if you meant that if Ragna's Death Battle was worse than theirs or you were asking if Ragna would defeat them if they fought.

>_>

I had forgotten speed is not equalized in Death Battle matches. And I could have sworn Rags had 2-C durability or that it was being discussed in a thread. Rags still has a ton of Immortality types though. I'll be honest, I am pretty lost in his hax wall to really make a case pro or against the guy.

So from what I'm reading from Ragna's page, he's only 2-C with True BlazBlue, so unless he had access to that in 2015 when that fight came out, he would be destroyed by Sol

Sorvoe551 said:
So from what I'm reading from Ragna's page, he's only 2-C with True BlazBlue, so unless he had access to that in 2015 when that fight came out, he would be destroyed by Sol
I believe it came out in 2011...

Keep in mind that the first Goku Vs Superman would technically be the GT version Vs Post-Crisis. Which would be a 3-B against a 4-B.

Even before DBS was out, Beerus was still stated to be 3-C in the japanese version of the movie. And GvS 2 did use the character design from New 52, but I think it was technically still Post-Crisis in terms of abilities; or they composited N52 and Post-C.

Js250476 said:
keep in mind DBS wasn't out yet when GvS 2 aired.
also they didn't only use N52 for that.
Their fault for rushing into it to make some easy cash. They should have waited. They even said "we don't exactly know much about Goku at this point but Superman is the clear winner here." lol that gets me everytime.

Allow me to point out that if Carol wins, we're putting it as one of the lowest. They would be saying Android 18 >>> Shazam. I would laugh my ass off.

I agree but people requesting a rematch to death started all this im just happy the matchup is long in the past. To me the main reason they did was a "**** it let's get this over with already".

And most of those feats aren't even feats aren't really feats with others not being that impressive. I know it was Post-Crisis Superman's PL but they did compose him with Post Flashpoint and various non-canon versions of Superman.

Back