• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Accuracy Scale [CONTINUED]

Sorvoe551 said:
So here's the list for Wrong, Decent since no one is disputing Wrong, Bad. I'll begin structuring their placements once comments have been made:
Vegeta vs Shadow, Eggman vs Wily, Ryu vs Strider, Luigi vs Tails, Batman vs CA, Bowser vs Ganon, Mewtwo vs Shadow, Cammy vs Sonya, Sub-Zero vs Glacius, Shredder vs SS, Mechagodzilla vs Dragonzord
Bowser vs Ganon should be Wrong, Bad instead of Wrong, Decent. The only decent part of the fight was some of their research on Ganon, but even then they slid in the classic "No holy weapon no kill or win" NLF for him and decided his death curse that took several days to kill its target actually works in a matter of seconds. Their research on Bowser was awful, they didn't mention most, if any, of his magic abilities like teleportation, spatial manipulation, sealing, reality warping, transmutation and so on, and its not like any of these abilities are super obscure hard to find abilities that you need to spend weeks trying to find, they ignored a lot of his equipment, and they downplayed his intelligence to the point of saying he's illiterate (Seriously where did that come from? He's written and read stuff plenty of times in the series).

Also Mewtwo vs Shadow should be wrong, bad as well, especialy with the post genesis wave feats that they used, making Super Shadow 2-A, same to Vegeta vs Shadow with the Archie feats as well, Shadow would blitz and one shoot in base

Also something i pointed out about the battle when it was released is how they nitpicked and contradicted themselves:

-saying the tekken movie is non canon from an outdated tweet, yet a more recent one says its half canon from the creator, plus flashbacks of it shown in a canon game exists, meanwhile using a manga from street fighter that is contradicting the series and non canon was fine for some reason

-saying tag 2 feats are ok to use but excluded jack 6 one for whatever reasons, then claiming it doesnt matter even then cuz Shin Akuma did a similar thing in a crossover capcom game, not even relevant to street fighter verse

-said in their notes his laser beam is sub relativistic, later on it magically dropped to high hypersonic at the end

-saying the power of nothingness surpasses the satsui no hado, yet Akuma challenged that Ryu with the power(Ryu says he uses his full potential against him) and lost, with Akuma stating if anyone is capable to give him a fight

I fail to see how this is fair or accurate at all or how Ryu wins at all for that matter, they would be almost even, yet h2h, intelligence, hax and speed are things Jin got over Ryu, rest its 50/50

Ryu vs Jin should be pretty low on the list, the only things good about it were the 3D animation and music

Mewtwo VS Shadow came after DK VS Knuckles, which is where they stopped using Archie (For the most part. I have no idea why they used it for Metal).

They mentioned Shadow beating Eclipse and Black Death in the video, so they did use it but only post genesis, and even game is enough to be wrong, bad tbh

What feats did they use for Metal? If only post genesis I keep my veridct of it, tho that would make Overlord stomping him even harder

I'm curious about something, in Ryu vs Jin, they showed a manga where Ryu actually beat Akuma. Where was that? So far in canon Ryu has never won, right?

Ryu never beat Akuma in a fight in canon, plus even in that manga, Akuma still was kicking Ryu ass, Akuma actually let Ryu to get some attacks on him

I am curious which manga is that. Composites aren't unsurprising, but yeah, they should stick to canon especially if they are going to be strict regarding what counts or not.

Gee, I swear Ryu is suffering from a minor Ash Ketchum syndrome, in order to keep his path of warrior going he's always shafted when it comes to achievements and OP new characters that outclass him keep popping up. The Power of Nothingness was a big break in that regard but still was denied a victory on Akuma, they could at least get a draw. >_>

Okay, so I was absent for a day and a lot of stuff has been discussed, so I'll try to sum up everything mentioned real quick:

Eggman vs Wily: While we don't have profiles for Silver Sonic, Mecha Sonic, and Mecha Knuckles, the video shows it's purely game Metal Sonic and E-101 Beta that are the heavy hitters, both at 5-B (Adventure Metal was more used because he could become Overlord) and FTL speeds. However, Wily got his Robot Masters and Bass, all of which are 5-A and MFTL, so they would blitz everyone long before MS could become Overlord, so it's wrong, but the research was decent for the time since it was a Season 1 episode.

DK vs Knuckles: I actually have to change this from Right, Bad to Wrong, Decent because they used Game Knuckles (with Sonic X and Sonic Boom as supporting evidence) and Country DK (with Jungle Beat as support). So Knux is 5-B and FTL while DK is 6-B and MHS

Ryu vs Jin: This is a toss up since while Jin is much faster in base, Ryu hits harder (7-B against Low 7-B), so the fight likely won't end with them just in base forms. However, with their other forms out, the fight changes up. While both are now on an equal playing field with AP, Ryu is much faster than Jin. The fight could go either way, depending on what the argument is. Some of the best hax for Jin, like Intangibility, Teleportation, and NPI, are assumed because other Devil Gene users have displayed those powers, but Jin himself has not. As for the scaling stuff, they showed that with their math, the two are in the same ballpark in terms of most stats, which is true, so they tried to see examples with other characters they are comparable to. Akuma was chosen for Ryu because they have thematic parallels and because of the possible ending where Ryu beat him (DB has stated that they try to consider every story beat they can with Street Fighter since for years, the story barely existed. Seriously, how many of the character endings in SF are actually canon?). Also, Ryu was on the island Akuma pulverized and was fine afterwards.

Shadow vs Mewtwo: They used Game Shadow (don't you fight both Devil Doom and Black Death in the Shadow video game?), so their AP is equal, but Mewtwo is way slower. Shadow resists Mind Manipulation, so Mewtwo probably couldn't wipe Shadow's memories like he did in the fight. Once Super Shadow is brought out, the fight is over, so Wrong, Decent, purely for the calcs they did for Mewtwo.

Bowser vs Ganon: While they ignored Bowser's resistance to magic, they went with a composite Ganon, so completed Tri-Force, which means he hits way harder than Bowser. However, he is much slower than Bowser, so he can't hit Bowser, but Bowser can't put him down. According to Bowser's page, most of his major powers are from specific items and not ones he can do naturally, while Ganon's magic is varied in abilities. In the end, I don't know who would win.

Metal vs Zero: Yeah, Zero would destroy Metal long before Overlord came out, which they implied in the rundown at the end of the episode, so the calcs for both combatants, barring speed, would put this at Right, Good, but towards the lower end.

Black Death isn't from the games, neither Eclipse, they are from the Shadow Fall which is from post genesis Archie

Also wasn't every battle pre Dk versus Knux were they used Archie? I don't think they didn't include it until that fight

TartaChocholate said:
I am curious which manga is that. Composites aren't unsurprising, but yeah, they should stick to canon especially if they are going to be strict regarding what counts or not.

Gee, I swear Ryu is suffering from a minor Ash Ketchum syndrome, in order to keep his path of warrior going he's always shafted when it comes to achievements and OP new characters that outclass him keep popping up. The Power of Nothingness was a big break in that regard but still was denied a victory on Akuma, they could at least get a draw. >_>
Akuma considers only Evil Ryu someone that might put a fight, but Ryu denies the hado and the form isnt canom either sooo yeah

CrackerVolley said:
@Black I'm pretty sure that's more based on a skill gap than AP. The fact Ryu could still hurt him is a thing.
No its not, its so bad how some people try to say Ryu can hurt or match Akuma in base form when he doesnt, Sagat was giving him trouble, Ken is considered a rival for Ryu, none of these characters are Akuma level even Bison who was put down by Akuma is above Ryu

Oro fought Akuma to a draw and was impressed by his power, Ryu lost to Oro and Oro tells us Ryu has a long way to go to even be that powerful

Kage beats Akuma in SF5, something Ryu never did even with the power of nothingness, Kage even says how he beat him and Ryu not

Ryu simply doesnt scale to Akuma in any shape or form, not in durability nor in AP

@Sorvoe551 Jin is gonna get upgraded to 7-B possibly High 6-A and sub relativistic speed in base form, Ryu doesnt hit harder at all

The haxes on his profile arent far fetched, Kazuya and Kazumi displayed telekinesis, so did Jin, Kazuya displayed the power to absorb someone soul, Jin did too and so on, the devil gene is literally from the same source as his father and grandmother, so its not assumption

Ryu isnt faster, mentioned above about it too with Jin speed

Scaling to Akuma is simply wrong...talked already earlier in a comment of this...Death Battle saying its fine cuz both use the same power is not a good argument and Ryu being on the island when he sinked it doesnt mean anything, rocks just fall in the background and Ryu is seen to be underwater, how is this impressive? The island didnt collapse on Ryu, it didnt hit him, it didnt show anything to happen on Ryu body

Even if it did, other feats of Ryu contradicts his durability with the island feat, not even consistent, why you think base Ryu is just city level at best in everything?Cuz he doesnt scale to the strongest street fighter

They didnt use composite, else Asura Wrath and Marvel vs Capcom would have been brought up

They wanked Ryu thats what they did and nitpicked for Jin what he gets and for Ryu they didnt put any restriction

As of SFV, E. Honda tiers (Chun Li, Cammy, Hakan, Etc) all have a mountain level feat which Ryu obviously scales above. Soooo

@Generic composite is literally any apperance Ryu had anywhere outside SF, manga isnt the case and the crossover game is the only thing mentioned that counts yet thats not composite still and nothing from the Death Battle was Low 2-C or 2-A

@Zephyros Chun li best feat with all her power was the kikosho attack on Bison which was like Town level, Ryu best thing was having his body energy give enough power for the satellite to blow the city, yet E honda which was no one special gets out of the blue a mountain level feat better then others above him?Thats very questionable tbh and pretty sure an outlier too

BlackDarkness679 said:
@Generic composite is literally any apperance Ryu had anywhere outside SF, manga isnt the case and the crossover game is the only thing mentioned that counts yet thats not composite still and nothing from the Death Battle was Low 2-C or 2-A
@Zephyros Chun li best feat with all her power was the kikosho attack on Bison which was like Town level, Ryu best thing was having his body energy give enough power for the satellite to blow the city, yet E honda which was no one special gets out of the blue a mountain level feat better then others above him?Thats very questionable tbh and pretty sure an outlier too
Still leagues better than Jin's shit

Not better then everything and thats still outlierish the feat Zephiros, Ryu vs Jin still is innacurate thats not gonna ever change ever

@Darkness

Well, as of today, September 11th at 9:08am EST, Jin hasn't been upgraded yet, nor was he when the episode came out or when I put together this list, so I went off the stats we currently have up. In base, Ryu is at 7-B while Jin is at Low 7-B. However, Jin is Hypersonic while Ryu is Supersonic, so the power vs speed issue means that the fight will probably break out their other forms. Evil Ryu (and by extension Mu no Ken Ryu) and Devil Jin are both 7-B, but Ryu becomes Massively Hypersonic while Jin remains the same. The fight can go either way, depending on whether it's an early or late game blitz. DB scaled since both fighters had vague feats that made them about equal, so they went with people they believed were comparable and had more clear feats.

We can compromise and say that DB's scaling was sloppy and that can make this fight get an Iffy rating since it can go back and forth

Mentioned above, but Luigi vs Tails should probably be moved up since mentions of Archie make the outcome accurate. Especially after the recent upgrades.

Dante Demon Killah said:
And what about Dante vs Bayonetta ? While the outcome is accurate, their scalling was horrible lol
wym she's still just large star lmao

at least the animation was god tier

Sol Badguy vs Ragna should be up there in terms of the shittier Death Battles due to how little they actually researched for BlazBlue to the point that their whole "No one Knows" joke amounted to them not doing any research on why certain things happen.

@Sorvoe

Jin still has sub rel lasers and hax with no answer for Ryu against it, best hax Ryu has its raging demon to which Jin has resistance and power of nothingness never shown to work on a genetic supernatural gene,holy powers or exorcism is the devil gene weakness, Ryu has none of that

And you should know very well their scaling to Akuma is innacurate when we both know this scaling isnt existent, not to mention using manga and capcom fighting evolution feat

Iirc BlazBlue wasn't as haxxed at the time. Not to mention debating in that year was just a cluster ****, nobody really had a definition of hax or used anything like our system.

Okay, here's the current placement for Wrong, Decent after some analysis:

92. Cammy vs Sonya

93. Sub-Zero vs Glacius

94. Ryu vs Strider

95. Luigi vs Tails

96. Batman vs Captain America

97. Shredder vs Silver Samurai

98. Mechagodzilla vs Dragonzord

99. Mewtwo vs Shadow

100. Eggman vs Wily

101. Vegeta vs Shadow

102. Bowser vs Ganon