• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Accuracy Scale [CONTINUED]

I'm still of the opinion that Edward vs Ang wasn't very researched, while I agree that Ang would win in Avatar state if we're talking about base Ed and Ang Ed should have taken it.

wym she's still just large star lmao

at least the animation was god tier

I think Weekly is going to make a CRT to upgrade her to 3-A or Low 2-C tho

The Prince of Counters said:
Iirc BlazBlue wasn't as haxxed at the time. Not to mention debating in that year was just a cluster ****, nobody really had a definition of hax or used anything like our system.
Yes they were, no one bothered to researches the first 3 games at the time, if they did they'd notice the life link ragna has that makes him impossible to kill on top of his 2-A soul hax.

Theglassman12 said:
The Prince of Counters said:
Iirc BlazBlue wasn't as haxxed at the time. Not to mention debating in that year was just a cluster ****, nobody really had a definition of hax or used anything like our system.
Yes they were, no one bothered to researches the first 3 games at the time, if they did they'd notice the life link ragna has that makes him impossible to kill on top of his 2-A soul hax.
******* tlel me about it, you have no idea how much downplay for BB hax there is, people still think ******* Shadow the Hedgehog beats him because "blitz and oneshot lol"

I don't think Death Battle follows our tiering system so to them there wouldn't be any 2-A soul hax and such. Also this was 2015 where debating essentially came down to three factors, speed to a certain degree, rule of cool and whoever made a bigger "boom"

That doesn't really matter if they follow the tiering system when you have feats of soul haxing being far stronger than literal gods being capable of warping reality like the Infinity Gauntlet.

Sorvoe551 said:
DK vs Knuckles: I actually have to change this from Right, Bad to Wrong, Decent because they used Game Knuckles (with Sonic X and Sonic Boom as supporting evidence) and Country DK (with Jungle Beat as support). So Knux is 5-B and FTL while DK is 6-B and MHS
@Sorvoe, we also agreed of Knux vs Dk to be wrong, and I still don't think they used only game for Eggman vs Wily, Swatbots and Scratch and Grounder were in the animation and this was before Knux vs Dk were they made the rule to not use Archie at all

@Theuser

Yes, Swatbots, Scratch, and Grounder were originally from the cartoon, but considering they are jobbers and the fight treats them like a joke, they were disregarded from my analysis. As for Archie, rewatching the episode showed that no Archie feats were used or referenced, they went purely off game, so the rating still stands

Okay, so here's the list redone after replacing Luigi vs Tails with DK vs Knux:

92. Cammy vs Sonya

93. Sub-Zero vs Glacius

94. Ryu vs Strider

95. Donkey Kong vs Knuckles

96. Batman vs Captain America

97. Shredder vs Silver Samurai

98. Mechagodzilla vs Dragonzord

99. Mewtwo vs Shadow

100. Eggman vs Wily

101. Vegeta vs Shadow

102. Bowser vs Ganon

Right, Bad is a lot bigger than the past few bits, it has 39 entries, so I'll break it into three sections of 13 for debate

ZephyrosOmega said:
Oh yeah, i forgot this wiki still buys the 5-A stuff
The thing is though PR has multiple 5-A, and 5-B feats that Rangers and their zords scale to, also do to megaforce the dragonzord would at least be 5-B. So he still stomps.

I know Ryu Vs Strider had a bad outcome; they downplayed Ryu's speed and power heavily; Ryu can dodge lightning while airborne. And he can cut lasers in half with his sword. And his profile is in the need for a revision, but his base key and Ninpo key are likely going to be merged as theirs no reason for his striking strength and durability to be lower than his Ninpo as seen in Dead or Alive. And Sera said something about true Dragon Sword having a Universal feat.

Okay, so since the thread has been quiet for a few days, I'm going to post the Iffy matches and we'll decide which arguments were better made:

Link vs Cloud, Felicia vs Taokaka, Fox vs Bucky, Beast vs Goliath, Wolverine vs Raiden, Meta vs Carolina, 18 vs Marvel, Ryu vs Jin, Sora vs Pit, Daredevil vs Nightwing

The real cal howard said:
Meta vs Carolina by default can't be wrong given they're directly working with the people who decide the actual canon of the show.
Yea, and their reasons were actually pretty solid, too.

Yeah. It's one thing if only one of the characters are owned by the people who make the show, but if both of them are then we kinda need to take their word for it.

Make a special "0" spot for Meta vs Carolina since it's basically just Word of God.

I am going to have to differ with my opinion on Thanos vs Darkseid, not that Thanos necessarily wins

Is there any proof Thanos could even reach the Godsphere? And no I don't mean going to Fourth World by a boom tube, that just brings him to Darkseid's emanation in Fourth World but Thanos is equallized by the Boom Tube, I mean that there is no proof that Thanos would be able to be dumped into THE Godsphere and come face to face with the Godhead. The Godhead can only interact with lower realms because he is dying and reality is going haywire, or through emanations/possessions. Now because of this, Thanos would have no way to interact with the Godhead, but likewise Godhead cannot interact with Thanos. So wouldn't the more realistic outcome be that Thanos is dumped into Fourth World and there he is plain edged out by what Death Battle percieved a statistical disparity? Simply put they got the stuff for Godhead Darkseid wrong because he is basically a non-factor that just stonewalls the battle from to be a stalemate at worse for Darkseid, or a plain statistical victory at best. It's not this conceptual stomp like portrayed however.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Are you saying it shouldn't be placed so highly?
We should wait until the revisions on everything so DC and Marvel can be adjusted, but the fight would go like this:

Thanos and Darkseid fight in base, Darkseid edges out due to speed and hax so Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet and starts an unholy stomp on Darkseid not even stronger pre-crisis emanations can counter. Darkseid realizes he is in bad danger and boomtubes to Fourth World and brings Thanos to Fourth World. There it's not the Godhead that Thanos faces but simply a Darkseid who is 2-A (Though Thanos will be scaled up to 2-A too) and in his element with a home-field advantage where Thanos cannot use his Infinity Gauntlet. At that point Darkseid simply outstats Thanos and will win out. That is the best case scenario for Darkseid.

Worst case scenario is Thanos scales to Thanos Wins and beats down Darkseid with or without the Infinity Gauntlet but then Thanos reaches a hard stop with Godhead who neither can interact eachother with. At this point if Thanos can defeat any emanation/avatar/possession of Darkseid, but he cannot kill Darkseid for good, but Darkseid can only rely on emanations/possesions which would have lost. So it's a stalemate.

The only way things can change is if Infinity Ending Thanos with the Cosmic Regulator absorbed all universes and TOAA, not simply AAO. Otherwise it's a darkseid or basic win for Darkseid, everything about the IG and Godhead was super unresearched and not well done in the Death Battle.

Ep 115 spoilers
Ben 10 vs Green Lanter.
Captain Falcon vs Johnny Cage

Dragonzord vs Mecha Godzilla

Sasuke vs Hiei

... Lots of new combatants are joining to compete for the least accurate Death Battle episode.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Regulator Thanos in general beats the crap out of any version of Darkseid.
It would if we go by scaling, the problem is Starlin loves to downplay the Marvel cosmology

Pretty sure Archie Sonic was never actually used for feats and only for their backstory. Believe this was mentioned by Ben before.

No, here he straight up confirmed otherwise and I renember feats of both continuitys being mentioned, plus the exclusive forms to Archie like Turbo Tails and Titan, as well as Tails making the great harmony

"There was some debate over whether we should include the comic books for Knuckles, as the comics had been used for Sonic and Tails appearances." Ben

That's still vague and could simply refer to showing them when discussing backgrounds.

It's also clear Tails didn't get his Archie forms nor a Super form and that they always mainly pulled from the games and all primary canon material given all the calcs they've done never once used a comic feat when those feata were widely regarded as OP and common knowledge.

The "debate" could even be referring to how controversial the episodes became as a result of them sometimes showing Archie scans when discussing backstory and certain acconplishments and people arguing if Archie was actually a factor or not in the comments and clearly what we're doing right now. But they've definitely pretty much retroactively confirmed Sonic ain't getting comic versions.

Dude that's not vague at all, the blog is clearly talking about feats because they even said it changed result of the battle, Ben even goes to talk about how Op Archie versions were and why he didn't use them for Knuckles, did you read the link?

They didn't use any power ups because of their believe of them cointering one another that they explained before, but even then Archie Tails blitz and one shoots Luigi, and they did show Op feats like the great harmony

No, he straight up talks about the power and stuff, don't even know where you got that from, and he does straight up confirm they wouln't use Archie in the link anymore because of the new rules

"This rarely happens. I'd go so far as to say this never happens except for one extremely rare occasion. This one. We were actually pretty convinced Knuckles would win this one up until a little over a week before release. There was some debate over whether we should include the comic books for Knuckles, as the comics had been used for Sonic and Tails' appearances. Again, that fourth rule we had for seasons 1 and 2 was pretty broken, and this is where I started to realize just how broken it could get. See, in the Archie comic line in particular, Knuckles gains a whole new level of godly power which essentially makes him an entirely different character from the Knuckles of the Sonic games. After a lot of debate, we decided to remove contradictory comics from the equation and only focus on the games and anything specifically inspired by said games, like some of the TV shows. This is what would eventually morph our fourth rule into the much better version we have today"

That's very clearly not just the background of the characters

I just realised Wily vs Eggman even without Metal Overlord is a stomp for Eggman via the fact that Screwattack allowed him to have Scratch and Grounder in his team, and they've consistently been shown to be a threat to and overpower Tails, and Tails should not be vastly weaker then AOSTH Sonic who is High 4-C, they could also possibly be 4-A via surviving an explosion that shook the Warp of Confusion, and the warp of confusion is either a pocket reality (that has shown to have multiple stars) or even a universe, so Scratch and Grounder for some dumb reason would be the strongest characters in the fight

I know Hiei won the death battle against Sasuke and I know the latter is tiers above the former but is that a stomp considering the difference in tiers or do other things come into play to make it a fair match?

Modernmyrmidon said:
I know Hiei won the death battle against Sasuke and I know the latter is tiers above the former but is that a stomp considering the difference in tiers or do other things come into play to make it a fair match?
They contradicted their own rules and logic and made horrible assertions. It is inherently a flawed episode on the level of Yang vs Tifa

Back