• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does it seem like every character is getting "immeasurable" speed now? Like the character does something time related and boom suddenly they are immeasurable.
Yeah welcome to modern vs debating where everyone's bare minimum uni because of an offhanded statement, or being seen as beyond dimensionality due to being "platonic concepts", or having 4th wall breakers being labeled outer due to interacting with the reader, etc, etc, etc.

Outliers? NO LONGER EXIST.
Statements? TAKEN TO THE ABSOLUTE MOST EXTREME ENDS.
I honestly don't know if things were better back then though, when basically everyone was downplayed to hell and back and even just "multiversal" was seen as like God tier status

Now it feels like every popular verse needs to be bare minimum multi just to not be seen as fodder
Both are bad In their own ways
Old era was extreme downplay
Modern is extreme wank
There's no common ground just bullshit especially now these days

Thing I give old era is that folks wanted to keep shit simple and make certain tiers feel important

Flexing being a Galaxy buster in the old days? Holy shit this guy means business
Now? Lol get this chump outta here

Frankly, speed wank feels like the biggest problem that modern powerscaling has. There's plenty of other wank but everyone and their god damn mother is supersonic, hypersonic, FTL, or whatever. You all know god damn well that the "lasers" that characters dodge or reflect in media are not meant to be lightspeed in universe but that doesn't stop people from acting like they are. No matter how much it might break the story, this character is clearly immeasurably fast. One of DB's most egregious examples of this is when they had Danny Phantom be FTL when his most powerful attack is a sound based attack. Meaning that if he or anyone who even vaguely scaled to him was FTL, his strongest attack would be absolutely useless because it would never hit anyone.

Dipper is slapping up Dib and Kudo
RAAAAAAAAH
flat,750x1000,075,t.u2.jpg

Technically the BoB statement actually gives Bill some immeasurable validity, but yeah if we want consistency it'd mean immeasurable Dipper and Mable lol

But instead of not giving immeasurable speed to Bill, nowadays theyd just dismiss that as PIS or gave them immeasurable speed as well...

People on this site unironically think Bill Cipher is immeasurable in speed
Holy shit that's embarrassing.
I guess I should hold up my bargon and try and upgrade Standford to be immeasurable. If we're doing clown shit I'm making this a circus.
Technically the BoB statement actually gives Bill some immeasurable validity, but yeah if we want consistency it'd mean immeasurable Dipper and Mable lol

But instead of not giving immeasurable speed to Bill, nowadays theyd just dismiss that as PIS or gave them immeasurable speed as well...

Hey, there's always the 'potentially' delineation on this site.

That's an outlier for Wendy, as only she and Rumble did that outta nowhere.

Anyway, no longer entertaining this, and you're not making your case any better. Just don't make a spite CRT again or I'll report you again, too. Thanks.

Aren't you the same who said that Tier 3 Necrozma is also a joke?
"Ad hominem tu quoque
This is a variation of the ad hominem fallacy where a person dismisses his opponent's argument by claiming that his opponent engages in the same type of practice.

Example:

Person A: "It was never stated that Buu's power level was 5 billion, that's a lie."

Person B: "Well you lied when you said that Post - Crisis Superman moved the earth by himself!"

Even if person B is right and person A did lie about that, that doesn't mean that person B's lie about Buu's power level should just be accepted. Two wrongs don't make a right, after all."

"Ad hominem tu quoque
This is a variation of the ad hominem fallacy where a person dismisses his opponent's argument by claiming that his opponent engages in the same type of practice.

Example:

Person A: "It was never stated that Buu's power level was 5 billion, that's a lie."

Person B: "Well you lied when you said that Post - Crisis Superman moved the earth by himself!"

Even if person B is right and person A did lie about that, that doesn't mean that person B's lie about Buu's power level should just be accepted. Two wrongs don't make a right, after all."
I am pointing that the individual usually downplays verses who rely mostly on lore, aka a "featist" from how these are called.

I already saw the person making horrendeous takes on Pokémon, so them saying the same shit from using decontextualized anti-feats for GF isn't making their face better imo.

But hey, the community of Death Battle isn't known for having good takes, we have shit like tier 4 Hazbin or tier 2 OMORI cast lmfao.

Oh great, now I'm getting war flashbacks...
Sorry I already saw this kind of shit for Pokémon so seeing it again for Gravity Falls isn't something I appreciate.

But hey, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people here unironically believe that Pokémon caps at like, Planet or something.

You mean the Bill amped Henchman like 8 Ball who got tagged by Wendy riding an Eye-Bats.
You know what's funny about the Shacktron is that it was being piloted by kids and random civvies. The same Shacktron that canonically rocked Bill's shit for like 4 minutes straight. He was getting outboxxed by kids so... immeasurable Gravity Falls humans here we come?

Funny how not long ago there was a talk on downplay era and wank era, let alone on feats vs statements

If we are gonna question literally any instance characters get buffed or nerfed for one or few instances in their series, you aint making it better, like it or not some characters are simply having a rating in question for reasons, whether you wanna believe it is another story, but acting like they dont exist is ridiculous

Some characters facing off doesnt automatically means they scale, its context dependant and even if there is none of that the issue, consistency is a thing, why we act like we didnt seen the same old trope of normal humans beating an all powerful villain, which is often non sensical, most horror villains are beaten by teenagers or hurt by them, one jock dude endured a beating from Jason unlike others before and after him, we scaling him to the masked lake killer now?

I mean in the books we see Mabel and Dipper pilot this craft or whatever outside of space and time, and into a realm that can see all throughout history.........

The evidence for Immeasurable humans just keep piling, idk...................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back