• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9873.jpg

My brother has an only passing interest in powerscaling and looked at these terms and said to me, “these all look like gibberish”.

IMG_9873.jpg

My brother has an only passing interest in powerscaling and looked at these terms and said to me, “these all look like gibberish”.
Ya brother a smart man 🗿
Powerscaling has forever ruined the word "concept" fr.
On God, the hobby had just developed more mainstream appeal and then we decided to throw them for a loop by talking about shit like immeasurable speed and outerversal tiers. Calm down lad, you’re scaring the hoes!
Folks couldn't be happy over there favorite character being this level of power so we had to make up whatever meth inducing reasons to humor them made this hobby Dogshit

Shit, guys oh fvck I just had a realization. There a VERY good chance that 1 of the 4 episodes is Funny Valentine VS Senator Armstrong. A JoJo matchup wasn’t revealed yet and it makes perfect sense to coincide with the 2024 election! It might even be the season premiere!
Id be flabbergasted if that gets in before JokerGER.

I have said multiple times Kratos vs Asura is the definition of feats vs lore and quite frankly I have Asura winning on the basis of him being far more impressive and not having a headache inducing lore that have peeps argue day and night over being legit or bullshit
I tried to look up who you think wins but couldnt find it quickly

Fair and kinda based.

I don't blame folks saying Asura stomps or scoffs at Kratos doing shit when the latter doesn't do a very good job at making cosmic feats look believable to envision without relying on lore
Yeah. Even by episode 5, shit is preformed that eclipses 95% of anything shown in GoW, with Asura destroying Gongen Wyzen. Then you have Episode 11, where a single slash from Augus' Wailing Dark can rearrange the moon's landscape, and episode 12 where Asura's Berserk Mode is creating shockwaves of energies bigger than Gaia and firing off lasers that stretch out all the way into space in a near instant. Oh, and then there's the DLC episodes, and the whole fight against Chakravartin.

I'm currently replaying through the game, and honestly, I'm more excited about getting to those last episodes to see the specifics of the Naraka destruction and creation statements. I can't remember why they're rejected.

IMG_9873.jpg

I remember the good old days of early 2010 scaling... back when infinity just meant infinity and statements were never used at all and every character was assumed to be human level unless shown otherwise

I did use Google+ back in those days (even archived some of the feats in groups).

Anyway, felt like sharing a prediction blog here (next matchup's definitely something to be excited for). Think we could do use our versions of calculations inside to revise the latter verse.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, how old powerscaling?
From Wikipedia:
Before the advent of the internet, articles about hypothetical fights were published in magazines. These articles range from topics like sports, comics and anime, such as Black Belt Magazine issue May 1997 which discussed about a hypothetical match between Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee, and Wizard Magazine #133 which discussed about various hypothetical fights between American comic characters against Japanese anime characters. During that time, many comic book publishers also conceptualized and published "versus" storylines like Batman Versus Predator and Justice League/Avengers.

I wonder what forms Death Battle will give Asura. Fan made battles I've seen try to include his Berserk/Wrath forms, but really, that cannot be the case. Those forms would disqualify Asura from being at his strongest, as his body will break down from the battle. I just wonder if Death Battle will fall into the same trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back