• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
However Laharl also seems to resist a lot of what Neptune does without Share Energy besides Concept and Spatial Manip, although the status effects are an interesting topic considering would Laharl resist Poison and Paralysis that work on entities with no biology such as ghosts, data beasts, 2D creatures, robots, and other inorganic creatures?
Laharl's hax work on in-universe enemies that are ghosts, robots iirc, and allowing scaling to other protags using the same abilities, even fictional beings inside of a TV show.

Laharl also has layered status ailments, probability manipulation, precognition that allows him to counterattack a move before it begins, and infinite speed or immeasurable depending on how you interpret Overlord Baal stuff.

Overall, he just holds a lot of advantages, with the only major issue being Nep's high-ends which are still overcome via things like death hax.

Laharl also has layered status ailments
Do you mean layered in the sense that it affects enemies that resist status effects or something? Hard to really tell because Disgaea profiles are absolute ass at the moment, and I don't actually PLAY Disgaea games, so you'd have to explain that to me
probability manipulation, precognition
Precog will help him avoid attacks, yeah

Wouldn't really help him actually spot Neptune though, because she's practically invisible to him until she lands an attack
with the only major issue being Nep's high-ends which are still overcome via things like death hax
as far as i remember, instant death in jrpgs is usually attributed to a status effect, and the profile itself even classifies it as a status effect, so the death hax isn't really even death hax

Why do people like wanking so much?
Because my favorite character is invincible and he's better than your favorite character.

If my character loses, he will look bad, so I have to make sure he never loses.

Like, can you even imagine my character ever losing a fight? Unthinkable.

My dad beats your dad btw.

Because my favorite character is invincible and he's better than your favorite character.

My dad went out for milk and never returned, I'm sure he'll be back soon

Oh you

8OU48II.png

Bonk counter: 45

...Considering things, I'll prolly retire this if I get to reach 50.

Do you mean layered in the sense that it affects enemies that resist status effects or something? Hard to really tell because Disgaea profiles are absolute ass at the moment, and I don't actually PLAY Disgaea games, so you'd have to explain that to me
Characters can resist certain hax like empathetic manipulation, poisoning, and more in lore and narrative scenes, while status ailment inducing evilities and skills can still affect them unless they equip a resistance evility. So there's at least one or two layers for some of their passive evilities.
Wouldn't really help him actually spot Neptune though, because she's practically invisible to him until she lands an attack
I want to say there's extrasensory stuff in Nipponverse, so not sure if that would help. Plus she gets her powers nullified once she gets too close due to the laundry list of evilities.
as far as i remember, instant death in jrpgs is usually attributed to a status effect, and the profile itself even classifies it as a status effect, so the death hax isn't really even death hax
Deathblow is weird. Geopanels can make certain areas a deathblow "area," but it's not exactly a status ailment you inflict on opponents. It just sort of happens once a condition is met (opponent having less than full health, being empath manip'd, having low MP etc).

I personally wouldn't consider it a status effect since it's not listed as one iirc.

You say it that way, but it very unfortunately devolves into that from both sides.

Depending what group you hang around in for Death Battle, for example, a character loses? Suddenly they're a chump and clowned on. Doesn't matter who they WOULD have beaten, how cool their feats are, or their actual story and narrative they came from, they died on the show: they're 'irrelevant'.

And people making a big deal about that makes the other side more defensive, and then THEM being annoying makes the other side more jaded.

It gets toxic. Frustrating. Some real jerks who wanna ruin it for everyone really do make it personal, and for some people it's hard to not take that poorly...

You SHOULD let it roll off your back, take what other people think in stride, and be objective about the series you support and love them for what they are...But sometimes it's not as easy as just saying that.

And now she is the only character from the team who never had a death battle oficially and might never will
This doesn't really mean much, but I find it funny that Yang and Blake won their Death Battles (the former which I know is very outdated but I'm just saying) while Weiss and, let's be for real here, Ruby lost/would've lost their Death Battles given that Yang and Blake are now a couple as of V9.

Again it doesn't mean anything, I just find it funny that an official couple won their matches while a fanon ship lost/would've lost their matches. But I would've laughed if Ruby won somehow, just to see the reactions.

Well damn, guess NISA putting Compile Heart behind them made them stronger 💀

Maybe this'll change in a year or two, who knows, especially since a new mainline game is going to be in our hands way down the line
Funnily enough, they've had the infinite speed feats in NIS since Makai/Phantom Kingdom on PS2. It's just that nobody powerscaled NISverse super seriously early on.

GJNlT1VWcAAnjIq.png
GJNlT1WW0AA6FBr.png
GJNlT1YWkAAId1J.png

I'm really liking the new Ultimate Universe going on. The X-Men comics seem interesting, I wonder why the focus solely on Japan though. It's cool that we're getting a series focused on the Japanese heroes in Marvel-

Wait just a ******* minute. Natsu mean Summer in Japanese. Natsu is wearing a blue and yellow outfits. Natsu covers her eye and one of them glows red...Did the The Maker hit Cyclops with the estrogen beam?

Back