• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Old news

Garnet (Steven Universe) vs Aile (Mega Man ZX) is next

Last time we knew several combatants are here for the upcoming G1 blog

These two are likely fighting each other
  • Galacta Knight (Kirby)
  • Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Others with unknown combatants
  • Spider-Gwen (Marvel)
  • Frieren (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End)
  • Sinestro (DC Comics)
  • Charlie Morningstar (Hazbin Hotel)

Last edited:
Speedy was throwing a fit about one of Deidalius’ posts on the Discord and seething at the mere idea of cutting the budget.

Lmao speedy couldn’t muster up the courage to actually reply to Deidalius.

But anyways, it seems like some of the staff are not willing to settle for anything less than what they had before. Which if that’s the case then we can consider any sort of continuation dead in the water.

But anyways, it seems like some of the staff are not willing to settle for anything less than what they had before. Which if that’s the case then we can consider any sort of continuation dead in the water.
The more I learn about Speedy, the more that 4chan post from an alleged behind-the-scenes insider claiming that he threatened to commit suicide if Bill Cipher lost to Discord seems plausible.

DBS leaks: Ha, they never showed Gohan beating Goku, Goku stops cause he wants Gohan to fight Broly. Inconclusive lel

But yea, Beast was fast enough to land a hit. Broly learned normal SSJ. Oh and I guess Goten & Trunks miiight get some downscaling cause everyone then battled in a big BR?

Huh?
Wats the issue over trimming some shit on the show

It seems I got mentioned.
mqBfTAl.jpeg

I still stand by what I said.

His lashings can't be that bad.
The kindest way to describe his lash-outs is "Unprofessional".
Not many people know about them because not many people keep track or archive them.
Which might be for the best, he hasn't done anything "Grave" in my eyes, at best he's cringy. But I'm not the one to judge someone for being cringe.

Looking at Speedy's comment thanks 4Chan :^) I sort of get what he says here?

Cutting stuff means cutting people. And frankly, unless you are Zaslav, cutting your team members sucks ass. So I actually sort of respects him wanting to keep DB Team, no matter what they do, even if "small" things. Now, realistically they have to do cuts if they go solo, but Id almost understand if they didnt want to do cuts for artistic integrity, to go as far as not continuing DB for that.

...At the same time the dude literally screencapped Dei's post with his name and all and proceeded to shit on it, thus probably also allowing more Discord folks to put Dei in the shitlist. Classy move :V

Looking at Speedy's comment thanks 4Chan :^) I sort of get what he says here?

Cutting stuff means cutting people. And frankly, unless you are Zaslav, cutting your team members sucks ass. So I actually sort of respects him wanting to keep DB Team, no matter what they do, even if "small" things. Now, realistically they have to do cuts if they go solo, but Id almost understand if they didnt want to do cuts for artistic integrity, to go as far as not continuing DB for that.

...At the same time the dude literally screencapped Dei's post with his name and all and proceeded to shit on it, thus probably also allowing more Discord folks to put Dei in the shitlist. Classy move :V
Speedy moment

NGL, I understand why they would prefer to keep going the same way. But realistically they'd have to cut the budget and go indie (With another IP name) unless a big company buys them out, which is really hard.
All the luxuries Death Battle has are a privilege. They lost that privilege the moment Rooster Teeth died.
I don't understand the implications that cutting down the budget is a bad, unthinkable, disrespectful idea. Maybe it's my connotation?
I mean, if your company is falling down. You'd have to cut out co-workers someplace somewhere. You can still talk to them if they're truly your friends. I don't see how "You not hiring them again because you can't afford them" means you'll lose friendships lol.
Plenty of other vs shows still manage to be great despite not having the same budget they used to have. Death Battle had way less budget and quality in earlier seasons yet they were still good enough to continue existing.

Sooo yeah. Get bought or go indie and cut down the budget.

Death Battle had way less budget and quality in earlier seasons yet they were still good enough to continue existing.
Ya gotta remember Torrian had to overwork himself to get those 3D episodes to look good as they did and Ben didn't want to go through those moments again animating shit and whatever

Going indie isn't a helpful idea cause last thing we need is waiting endless months for an episode to come and wait another months for another

Ya gotta remember Torrian had to overwork himself to get those 3D episodes to look good as they did and Ben didn't want to go through those moments again animating shit and whatever
Then don't overwork. Space your work out between each other and take more time to animate.
Going indie isn't a helpful idea cause last thing we need is waiting endless months for an episode to come and wait another months for another
I'd be down for that. If they can't afford releasing episodes at times close to each other, then don't. Make episodes take more time.
It's that or get bought. Though I am unsure if there are more options.

What I don’t get is how speedy seems to prefer the show dying to letting go of anyone. They won’t be getting that cushy budget anymore no matter what they do. So it seems like if the show is to continue then it HAS to go independent. Which means a cut budget. But even suggesting that seems to make him really upset. Yeah it sucks to let people go, especially friends, but if DB ceases to exist then EVERYONE gets let go.

Right now it’s a lesser of two evils situation, there is no happy ending where someone buys DB and the budget comes back.

Right now the two options are: Go indie, maybe crowdfund. People will pay out the ass for DB tracks (I’m guilty of this) so why not the show itself?

Or

Let the series die.

Speedy seems to want that secret third option that can’t happen due to something called reality.

Ultra shot in the dark, howd yall feel about not doing seasons and going 1 ep per month?
I'm down for that. Though I like the mechanics of seasons. They kinda make the show more memorable because then you can talk about specific time periods and compare them. From a fandom perspective, having seasons is beneficial.

As a buddy of mine says
"I don't think they realize DB was apart of SA and Full screen I don't think they realize it's more than just a fun collaboration with a bunch of people, this was their employment and livelihood, they need a budget to keep not only this ship running but sustain an affordable income. Like Chad lives in a house with two kids to raise. Even if they all do come together and collaborate as their collective brain child with this they need an employer because splitting youtube sponsorships among several dozen people per episode isn't a sustainable idea. That's why Luis and DJ are pretty much confirming their unemployed and looking for work, it's why Chad's vague tweet was pretty much summed up as "whelp, we'll do our best to keep this going but it's been a good run while it lasted"

Gofundme/fan fundraisers per season is their best bet and It's tough to even say how available they'd all be once they get jobs somewhere else unless someone buys the DB brand."

Long story short the options available ain't ******* good

Yeah, I find it hard for them to be able to continue Death Battle as a business, at least on a similar scale to before. At most it might be a work of passion or a hobby but I doubt that by themselves it will be a profitable business. Especially for all their employees. I hope the best for them either way.

(It's been awhile since I commented...I've been bummed about Death Battle's most likely closure because it's been a thing in my life since I was 11, so I haven't felt motivated till now so yeah.)

Honestly, would it be impossible for Death Battle to earn funds through Patreon? I feel that given they're able to net in over a million views for even weaker quality episodes and are still seen as a significant form of internet media, they could net in a pretty decently high Patreon usage so long as they're given people stuff to consider buying higher tiers

(It's been awhile since I commented...I've been bummed about Death Battle's most likely closure because it's been a thing in my life since I was 11, so I haven't felt motivated till now so yeah.)

Honestly, would it be impossible for Death Battle to earn funds through Patreon? I feel that given they're able to net in over a million views for even weaker quality episodes and are still seen as a significant form of internet media, they could net in a pretty decently high Patreon usage so long as they're given people stuff to consider buying higher tiers
That's possible but it wouldn't be profitable enough to let them maintain their current employees. If you think about it, YouTube memberships are the same as Patreon and that didn't save them.

Also, I heard an idea. Make the final Patreon tier something really ******* expensive like 2,000 dollars and have the reward be a custom episode. I assure you that there will be enough rich furries to save Death Battle with their crappy kiddy cartoon matchups. I mean, there are already people who spend hundreds of dollars commissioning songs and art for niche Death Battle matchups that only they care about, not even fight animations, just songs and art. Appeal to them.

That's possible but it wouldn't be profitable enough to let them maintain their current employees. If you think about it, YouTube memberships are the same as Patreon and that didn't save them.

Also, I heard an idea. Make the final Patreon tier something really ******* expensive like 2,000 dollars and have the reward be a custom episode. I assure you that there will be enough rich furries to save Death Battle with their crappy kiddy cartoon matchups. I mean, there are already people who spend hundreds of dollars commissioning songs and art for niche Death Battle matchups that only they care about, not even fight animations, just songs and art. Appeal to them.
I for one cannot wait for paw patrol vs the aquanauts episode

Also, I heard an idea. Make the final Patreon tier something really ******* expensive like 2,000 dollars and have the reward be a custom episode
Death Battle, but instead of seeing who wins in a fight to the death it's who dominates the other in bed...hey don't judge me, I'm just giving an example of how people might spend 2K on.

I think Death Battle's biggest flaw as a company is that, when you think about it, they're either too early or too late to popular pieces of media out there which could bump up views and ad revenue. I mean when they did Omni Man vs Homelander as Invincible and The Boys were on air they gained 13 MILLION VIEWS as of today since it came out in 2022, which is practically on par with an entire season worth of episodes if you combine views together, and they very likely earned a lot of ad revenue from that.

Mind you I don't want DB to do episodes that specifically try to appeal to a popular franchise or trend going on, I like how in Season 10 they used new characters from new franchises, but at the same time I think they should've looked at the calendar of stuff that were coming out in 2023 and made some episodes to strike when the iron's hot (An example: Imagine if they did an episode with someone like Miles or Miguel to get in some views because of the hype for Across The Spider Verse, I believe something like that could've garnered a pretty good amount of views and ad revenue).

People will want Goku VS Superman 4 if Death Battle turns into Bed Battle
.........I hate you for this comment and the image you put in my head. I mean you are 100% right that someone would pay 2K for Goku and Superman smut, but I still hate you......

This does make me wonder though: Does DB have a tag on the Rule 34 website? Because as much as it makes me want to gag, I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one of NSFW art for every episode of the show

Death Battle, but instead of seeing who wins in a fight to the death it's who dominates the other in bed...hey don't judge me, I'm just giving an example of how people might spend 2K on.

I think Death Battle's biggest flaw as a company is that, when you think about it, they're either too early or too late to popular pieces of media out there which could bump up views and ad revenue. I mean when they did Omni Man vs Homelander as Invincible and The Boys were on air they gained 13 MILLION VIEWS as of today since it came out in 2022, which is practically on par with an entire season worth of episodes if you combine views together, and they very likely earned a lot of ad revenue from that.

Mind you I don't want DB to do episodes that specifically try to appeal to a popular franchise or trend going on, I like how in Season 10 they used new characters from new franchises, but at the same time I think they should've looked at the calendar of stuff that were coming out in 2023 and made some episodes to strike when the iron's hot (An example: Imagine if they did an episode with someone like Miles or Miguel to get in some views because of the hype for Across The Spider Verse, I believe something like that could've garnered a pretty good amount of views and ad revenue).
Honestly, I think they should do DBX's without research, that talk about both characters and reach the 10-minute mark. No research means that it will be cheaper. Have it be a popularity context, only people who pay can vote or something. That way, they money-maxx as much as possible. Have the matches all be popular matches. Everything will be on budget, and it will be made to put out as many fight animations of recent matchups as possible.

Or do DBX of popular matchups.

Have a prime Cartoon fight club-like format.

Honestly, I think they should do DBX's without research, that talk about both characters and reach the 10-minute mark. No research means that it will be cheaper. Have it be a popularity context, only people who pay can vote or something. That way, they money-maxx as much as possible. Have the matches all be popular matches. Everything will be on budget, and it will be made to put out as many fight animations of recent matchups as possible.

Or do DBX of popular matchups.

Have a prime Cartoon fight club-like format.
Hmm....I'm of two mindsets when it comes to this suggestion:

On the one hand it would be beneficial to do this format under a cut budget as, obviously, people would pay money to get the memberships necessary to vote for what character they would like to see in an episode and who wins in said episode which would definitely rake in the dough. But on the other hand? What I like about Death Battle is that they go out of their way to examine a match up thoroughly and determine who wins more often then not based off feats, scaling, and any abilities that they have, which I think gives DB a more professional feel to it. Personally as it's been discussed, they could do with getting rid of the animated segments with Wiz and Boomstick in order to put that money into more important parts of episodes such as the animation of one.

Yeah there is, it's mostly PeachZelda, ChunMai, and Lucaramon.
The first two don't surprise me, but the last one with Lucaramon? I think I'm going to dump bleach into my eyes so that I don't have to see that shit for the rest of my life.

Back