• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay, this is epic
Honestly, I might be the only one but I completely despise the animated avatars. The animated avatars are the worst part of every Death Battle episode. I would prefer if it was just 2 dudes talking without an animation. That budget could go for literally anything else.

The editing of the analysis doesn't matter much either. You can still make a nice looking analysis without spending bazillions on the budget.

The biggest victim will be the BGM. It will be a sad world where we don't hear new OG songs for each fight. Though they could probably do well with copyright free music for some fights or no music at all...

One minute melee? Cancelled
Death battle? Cancelled
Smash bracket? Cancelled
Crossover colosseum? Cancelled
DBX? Cancelled
Rewind rumble? Cancelled

You know which series isn't cancelled? Death arena

Death arena will carry the youtube powerscaling scene

Your favorite vs show gets negged by Death arena

Kneel to the king of YouTube powerscaling, Death arena

Debate Club still exists (in Vault Gaming Channel)
I've started seeing it recently
A great... Meh, although I have only seen the first ones up to Tails vs Donatello and the last one (The Mii Battle royale, is was interesting, but meh)

Early guesses on RT shows (speculation): RWBY’s mostly likely getting cancelled, Death Battle’s fate is 50/50, Gen Lock is 100% cancelled but no one cares, and idk about Camp Camp and RvB.
Can WB even sell off RvB to another company? Because unless I'm mistaken, RvB is heavily intwined with Halo which is a Microsoft owned property. So either the person who buys the IP has to reboot it into something completely different or it ends where it's at currently.

Either way out of all four shows, I'd rather see RWBY and RvB end properly in any format...hell I'll even take a novel format because, at the worst, it's cheaper and more simple to just finish things off in the form of a canonical book.

GIArsGXXsAAxCdp

I am certain that Death Battle can continue existing if they just have a lower budget.

Get rid of the host animation, lower the editing quality a bit and spend most of it on the fight animation. Maybe they can also just not have BGMs anymore, but that will be controversial since people love the BGMs.

Either way, it is possible for Death Battle to continue existing. I am not coping.
You are rationally optimistic.

Now: who is buying Screwattack Inc and Death Battle? Possibly RWBY too?

In 2014, Rooster Teeth was bought by Fullscreen, which in turn was bought by Otter Media (a joint venture of AT&T and Chernin Group) before Rooster Teeth became part of WarnerMedia under AT&T’s ownership. In 2022, Discovery closed the acquisition WarnerMedia to form Warner Bros. Discovery.
This is after/during (as of March 28, 2014) ScrewAttack was acquired by, and was the new brand face, of the YouTube Network Fullscreen. And on November 4, 2015, it was revealed that ScrewAttack was brought into the Rooster Teeth fold.

Last edited:

Turn out a product that has been declining in quality for years and you get this. It's not really the fault of capitalism. It's what happens when you crap out slop after slop. Death Battle might have been the only good thing Rooster Teeth financiated but it wasn't made by Rooster Teeth. It was the expected outcome honestly.
You are rationally optimistic.

Now: who is buying back Screwattack Inc and Death Battle? Possibly RWBY too?
I don't care about Screw Attack and RWBY lol, I only care about Death Battle. Death Battle can run on a lower budget, it did it before, other VS shows were able to run on a lower budget and they can do it too. There's still hope.

NGL, I mentioned this like 3 times but I am really glad the animated hosts will be gone, likely. I never liked them.

It died because two fat bitches were fighting over food.
It died lesser because of Death Battle itself but more because of the very poor management of Rooster Teeth and of Warner Bros.

Still, using Galactus vs Unicron as an end of Season 10 and possibly Death Battle itself is super ironic

With both RWBY and Death Battle's future uncertain, it's kinda sad thinking about the Maka Vs. Ruby MU.

I never liked it, wasn't going to be for me, but the possibility that it might not happen, or be 'incomplete', is a bit of a bummer given how special it was thanks to Monty.
I'm going to rant for a bit in regards to RWBY because your comment inspired me to do so:

You know regardless of its quality in the long run and how you feel about it after Monty's passing, it is genuinely impressive that RWBY started off as a series of trailers that were made by a self taught animator but then transitioned into a full fledged franchise which has had crossovers, spin offs, video games, tabletop games, and IIRC some DND inspired campaigns. And all that started because of one guy, which I personally can admire in spite of my own criticisms towards RWBY.

And to be honest? I don't really believe that the people at CRWBY were purposely trying to make it so divisive amongst fans and critics....I feel like they were legitimately trying to make a piece of art in their own right while respecting the legacy of Monty, but some of the stuff they added or did to the narrative rubbed people the wrong way and it's how RWBY has ended up with the reputation it has. So even if I can understand how it happened, I can't bring myself to blaming it on CRWBY when it feels like they did try and regardless of how it turned out I can appreciate it when someone tries as opposed to not trying.

So overall I am honestly am a bit disappointed and sad that RWBY may not get an ending to the story because I do want to see how the journey ends in spite of the bumps along the way, if at the very least just to see it have a conclusion as opposed to being left on a permanent cliff hanger.

Last edited:
I'm going to rant for a bit in regards to RWBY because your comment inspired me to do so:

You know regardless of its quality in the long run and how you feel about it after Monty's passing, it is genuinely impressive that RWBY started off as a series of trailers that were made by a self taught animator but then transitioned into a full fledged franchise which has had crossovers, spin offs, video games, tabletop games, and IIRC some DND inspired campaigns. And all that started because of one guy, which I personally can admire in spite of my own criticisms towards RWBY.

And to be honest? I don't really believe that the people at CRWBY were purposely trying to make it so divisive amongst fans and critics....I feel like they legitimately to make a piece of art in their own right while respecting the legacy of Monty, but some of the stuff they added or did to the narrative rubbed people the wrong way and it's how RWBY has ended up withe reputation. So even if I can understand how it happened, I can't bring myself to blaming it on CRWBY when it feels like they did try and regardless of how it turned out I can appreciate it when someone tries as opposed to not trying.

So overall I am honestly am a bit disappointed and sad that RWBY may not get an ending to the story because I do want to see how the journey ends in spite of the bumps along the way, if at the very least just to see it have a conclusion as opposed to being left on a permanent cliff hanger.
I do kind find it funny that their final cast was Cinder vs Azula lmaooo

Back