• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
FriezaMegatron connections are listed in Wiki as:

• The connections between Frieza and Megatron are that they are both selfish, arrogant, ruthless, powerful alien warlords who lead armies (the Frieza Force and the Decepticons, respectively) to conquer planets and accomplish their goals through either deception or brute force. Both are arch-enemies of their series' main protagonist whom are considered their equals in combat (Son Goku and Optimus Prime, respectively), and are responsible for the fall of their home planet (Vegeta and Cybertron, respectively), which ended up indirectly creating their foe in the process. Both are also constantly fighting a race of alien heroes (Saiyans and Autobots, respectively) to determine the fate of the Earth, although they both have a history of temporarily teaming up with the protagonists to take on a common foe. Both are also associated with the color purple, with it being a part of their designs and energy attacks, and can take on other forms to alter their powers (Frieza has numerous transformations which increase his power and Megatron can transform into a gun, tank, stealth bomber or alien jet). Both were also turned into something more powerful after their defeat (Frieza was turned into Mecha Frieza by his father's scientists and Megatron was reborn as Galvatron by Unicron).
    • Additionally, several major incarnations of G1 Megatron (most notably, his IDW counterpart) were defined by being a revolutionary, fighting against the same kind of tyranny that Frieza, as a cosmic tyrant, upholds to his core.
Any TF fans think this fits Megatron? Since Nemesis made a stink about this not having good connections, are these valid in your opinion?

Also, if Frieza actually plans and gets to try to surpass GoDs, Angels and Zenos, he might get a connection in future as someone who also plans to take a place among those with high order in grand scale.

FriezaMegatron connections are listed in Wiki as:

Any TF fans think this fits Megatron? Since Nemesis made a stink about this not having good connections, are these valid in your opinion?

Also, if Frieza actually plans and gets to try to surpass GoDs, Angels and Zenos, he might get a connection in future as someone who also plans to take a place among those with high order in grand scale.
It works well enough, though this MU doesn't really need to rely on a paragraph of connections.

Purple Tyrants, East vs West, Cartoons vs Anime, flamboyantly evil.

There, that's all you really need.

Dude no one care about anyone’s opinions on scaling, it’s cause you where being rude.
I mean, not really, it wasn't directed at you specifically, this was more a VSBW thing. I'm sorry if you took it that way but I've talked to a bunch of people who feel like they've been treated rudely because they tried pointing how how flawed that logic was for example. I've seen a lot of discussions just get boiled down to 'oh those dragon ball fans are toxic'.

If it isn't about others peoples opinion on scaling then don't try to throw in Billcord baggage then back track and say it wasn't about that. I wasn't being rude to anyone in particular, more towards a general sentiment I see that I find dishonest and unproductive.

Last edited:
Also I wonder if DB has the stomach to do another Ben 10 MU after how controversial the last and only one was?, I must admit I do vibe with Gwen Vs Eve and Ben Vs Jaden/Judai (I seriously want to see DB attempt to scale a TCG).
If they hadn't blew Ghost Spider on Barbra her Vs Gwen 10 could have been neat.

Huh, Infinite Multi. Danny vs Ben almost viable now lol

Man thats dumb.

I mean, not really, it wasn't directed at you specifically, this was more a VSBW thing. I'm sorry if you took it that way but I've talked to a bunch of people who feel like they've been treated rudely because they tried pointing how how flawed that logic was for example. I've seen a lot of discussions just get boiled down to 'oh those dragon ball fans are toxic'.

If it isn't about others peoples opinion on scaling then don't try to throw in Billcord baggage then back track and say it wasn't about that. I wasn't being rude to anyone in particular, more towards a general sentiment I see that I find dishonest and unproductive.
k

It works well enough, though this MU doesn't really need to rely on a paragraph of connections.

Purple Tyrants, East vs West, Cartoons vs Anime, flamboyantly evil.

There, that's all you really need.
Add on that alien leaders who command armies and it really doesnt seem that bad?

I guess its Megatron stomp L for casuals which is bad but well, it doesnt actually feel like that.

Theme works well enough i never understood how folks get bent outta shape over it
I can think of three reasons people in this community have a problem with the MU.

1. People don't see the theme - This fight is absolutely about the surface level appeal, and for some that's not enough. A fight can't just "feel" right, it needs a list of connections.
  2. Size discrepancy bothers people - Yes there's been some fights where there's a height difference, but usually they're either negligible (Optimus vs Gundam) or the fighters vary in size and can pretty much change at will (SpongeBob, Kirby, King Dedede). Transformers are big though, and people know Frieza's just a little guy. I'm not bothered though, since Megatron isn't a kaiju, and Frieza's abuse of telekinesis should make up the difference.
  3. People don't get Megatron - This one is more of a theory, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some people don't "get" Megatron's appeal. I feel like anyone who's seen G1, or the animated series, or even Transformers Prime should know that Frieza and Megatron are going to have a lot of material to work with, and their personalities should work perfectly off one another.
Those are my two cents. Now all aboard the hype train!

ddwzpel-018d2713-f0ed-466b-a5ab-ddc5547fa333.jpg

Damn sorry bro, in my defense, Diego has no good MUs
I actually remembered thinking of one Diego MU before, though I never finished writing connections for it... Until now, so what do you think about this one?
image.png

Diego vs Gato (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
Core theme:

Both had shitty childhoods because of their shitty fathers who are responsible for their mothers' deaths, their shitty childhoods would lead to them both being quite cold and viewing others like shit. They both join into a massive international tournament and they're quite uncooperative, unless you give them information about their dads
Connections:
-Both had awful and traumatizing childhoods, mostly because of their asshole fathers, who they despised and who are also responsible for their mother's deaths (Diego's father smashed holes in the bottom of Diego's and his mother's food bowls, so they would starve and when it came to dinner time, Diego's mother poured hot stew in her hands, so she would feed Diego, which resulted into her getting severe burns, getting infected with tetanus and then dying, while Gato's father just straight up killed his mother).
-Because of these childhoods, they both ended up becoming very cold and ruthless, while also looking down on other people.
-As children, they grew incredibly adept in regards to their respective occupation (Jockey and martial artist).
-By the time of their introduction within the story, they have entered into a large tournament (King of Fighters and The Steel Ball Run) known for it's international array of contestants and segmented stage format.
-In these tournaments, both would work for blonde and blue eyed american people, who have successful and high statuses within their countries (Geese, who is the CEO of Howard connection and Valentine, who is the president), though in spite of working on them they both hate these men and only work for them for a personal reason.
-During the course of the tournament, both find themselves having to work with in teams/partners, which is not something either are particularly fond of.
-While they are generally uncooperative, they are perfectly willing to work with someone, who can provide information on their fathers (Diego teaming up with Hot Pants after she tells Diego about his father's werabouts and Gato teaming up with B. Janet once she tells him about his father's identity).

Last edited:
Ragna vs Velma Crowe (Blazblue vs Tales of Berseria)
Sailor Moon vs Madoka Kaname
Scorpion vs Wolf (Mortal Kombat vs Sekiro)
Composite Ryu vs Composite Goku (Street Fighter vs Dragon Ball)

I actually remembered thinking of one Diego MU before, though I never finished writing connections for it... Until now, so what do you think about this one?
image.png

Diego vs Gato (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
Core theme:

Both had shitty childhoods because of their shitty fathers who are responsible for their mothers' deaths, their shitty childhoods would lead to them both being quite cold and viewing others like shit. They both join into a massive international tournament and they're quite uncooperative, unless you give them information about their dads
Connections:
-Both had awful and traumatizing childhoods, mostly because of their asshole fathers, who they despised and who are also responsible for their mother's deaths (Diego's father smashed holes in the bottom of Diego's and his mother's food bowls, so they would starve and when it came to dinner time, Diego's mother poured hot stew in her hands, so she would feed Diego, which resulted into her getting severe burns, getting infected with tetanus and then dying, while Gato's father just straight up killed his mother).
-Because of these childhoods, they both ended up becoming very cold and ruthless, while also looking down on other people.
-As children, they grew incredibly adept in regards to their respective occupation (Jockey and martial artist).
-By the time of their introduction within the story, they have entered into a large tournament (King of Fighters and The Steel Ball Run) known for it's international array of contestants and segmented stage format.
-In these tournaments, both would work for blonde and blue eyed american people, who have successful and high statuses within their countries (Geese, who is the CEO of Howard connection and Valentine, who is the president), though in spite of working on them they both hate these men and only work for them for a personal reason.
-During the course of the tournament, both find themselves having to work with in teams/partners, which is not something either are particularly fond of.
-While they are generally uncooperative, they are perfectly willing to work with someone, who can provide information on their fathers (Diego teaming up with Hot Pants after she tells Diego about his father's werabouts and Gato teaming up with B. Janet once she tells him about his father's identity).
-Also, Diego mostly attacks with his claws, while Gato's techniques have a fang-naming motif.
Seems neat enough

I like this, the connections are simple, short and aren't overly pretentious like most Death Battle matchup maker dipshits.

It's not the matchup with the most connections ever but it is sincere enough to not make a wall of text to try to convince you it has every connection in the world.
Personally my fav, it’s the one I think works best with the dynamic of chasing after Tooru since he’s not a direct fighter

Back