• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I thought the Shadow the Hedgehog jokes worked, everything else though fell flat
But why put them in the episode at all?

What relation does he have to the topic being discussed besides being an edgy character?

Honestly comparing them to Shadow seems like more shade thrown at both series since it's kinda widely accepted that Shadow is and edgelord

They feel a little clunky and stiff, I notice it more when they do acrobatics and sudden movements or when Alex uses his tendrils, it just doesn't feel smooth as it should.
I'm no animator, so I don't know how much liberty of action they have, but the 3D models of previous characters felt much more fluid. They gave me the stop motion action figure vibe that the likes of og Link vs Cloud and Goku vs Supes had, of course to a much less degree.
It's definitely time constraint. There were a few awkward moments like Cole doing nothing when Alex cannonballed and tackled him in the office. They were probably planning to have Alex pretend to be an innocent civilian in the office but ran out of time.

I definitely agree with the clunky nature and even if people say "It fits the old game aesthetic" I think it feels off. But what I care more about is the fight choreography being actually great and the dynamic motion.

Should I definitely mention that Frieza vs G1 Megatron has a smaller size gap than Kirby vs Majin Buu (and Magolor vs Merlina the Wizard) and is actually similar to Wario vs King Dedede?

By Death Battle:
Kirby - Height: 8 in/20 cm
Majin Buu - Height: (Fat) Approx. 6ft/183 cm; (Kid) Approx. 5ft/152 cm
Wario - Height: 170.1 cm (5’7”)
King Dedede - Height: 61 cm (2’9”)

By the legend
Frieza - Height: 158 cm (5’7”)
G1 Megatron - Height: 600 cm (19’2”)
IDW Megatron - Height: 11.6 cm (38’1”)
Screenshot_49.png
Dragonzord and Kiryu has a 3500 cm difference between one another
Height ratio of
Kirby vs Kid Buu - 152/20 = 7.6
IDW Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam - 1800/1160 = 1.552
Wario vs King Dedede - 170.1/61 = 2.789
Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla - 9500/6000 = 1.583

Frieza vs G1 Megatron - 600/158 = 3.797
Frieza vs IDW Megatron - 1160/158 = 7.342

Meta Knight vs Riku - 157(?)/20 = 7.85
Marx vs Flandre Scarlet - 157(?)/20 = 7.85
Magolor vs Rosalina - at most 250(?)/20 = 12.5
Magolor vs Dusknoir - likely 220(?)/20 = 11
Magolor vs Merlina the Wizard - at most 198.12(?)/20 = 9.906

It's definitely time constraint. There were a few awkward moments like Cole doing nothing when Alex cannonballed and tackled him in the office. They were probably planning to have Alex pretend to be an innocent civilian in the office but ran out of time.

I definitely agree with the clunky nature and even if people say "It fits the old game aesthetic" I think it feels off. But what I care more about is the fight choreography being actually great and the dynamic motion.
Nice pfp

Hey Mega Man Xdive bros, I got a question for you all

Does Sigma have any special feats, scaling, or hax to be noted of from Xdive? I saw this MU here for him vs Demigra and I think it could be a good chance to have a rerun with Sigma and possibly introduce Demigra to Death Battle, though I know next to nothing about Xdive so I wanted to see if this version of Sigma was special.

High ball and composite, it mean that we use DBH Freezer?
DBH Frieza is really just the same character but Multiversal+ so there'd be no reason to use him.....though if you did use Heroes Frieza then he gets access to a Dark Dragon Ball, subsequently giving him Dark Ki and a plethora of haxes which are quite nasty. But then again you could use Alternity Megatron and that mofo has higher dimensional shit going on so it's best to stick with one continuity over using composite.

I really liked the vermin bit, reminds me a little of TJRog where you want to cheer for the hero over the villain.

You think they'll get Jason Marnocha (one of Megatron's official VAs) to voice Meg?
Does he have extra alias and extra time?
If yes then yes.

And...
Happy mid autumn festival in advance

Mad Beauty - Instrumental (Reisen Udongein Inaba vs Black Rabbit) - JPVS Scores

And bump

Alright, I'll admit Colex isn't a 100% flop. It's on track to do much better than Killsaka, an episode acknowledged to be an "underperforming" episode by even the crew. It probably isn't a hit either, but at least not bottom tier.

I guess DB still has a chunk of their old audience engaged, people who have been watching them since 2010, and yet they poked fun of that era in this very episode. Just great. This could explain a few things.

Cole VS Alex was fine. Maybe if i was actually into these 2 and their series then I'd care allot more. But the fight and song were really good. A low 7/10 at most.

No comment on next time even as a DBZ and Transformers Fan. I'm just gonna hope i get something good out of it.

DBH Frieza is really just the same character but Multiversal+ so there'd be no reason to use him.....though if you did use Heroes Frieza then he gets access to a Dark Dragon Ball, subsequently giving him Dark Ki and a plethora of haxes which are quite nasty. But then again you could use Alternity Megatron and that mofo has higher dimensional shit going on so it's best to stick with one continuity over using composite.
In this case, what continuity they would use? Like i sure they would merged Manga and Anime Freezer but what about Megatron? G1 and maybe IDW sure but using more than 2 two megatron look unfair

Cole VS Alex was fine. Maybe if i was actually into these 2 and their series then I'd care allot more. But the fight and song were really good. A low 7/10 at most.

No comment on next time even as a DBZ and Transformers Fan. I'm just gonna hope i get something good out of it.
Actually I'll add one extra note i didn't realize until just now, but they brought back Wiz saying "Let's end this debate once and for all" and that made me happy.

In this case, what continuity they would use? Like i sure they would merged Manga and Anime Freezer but what about Megatron? G1 and maybe IDW sure but using more than 2 two megatron look unfair
I think it's exclusively G1 Megatron in this scenario with the IDW comic or other elements of the G1 continuity will be taken into consideration when talking about Megatron.

Now Death Battle's always been a bit lenient with compositing and will usually use anything as long as it doesn't massively contradict the scaling, much like how they used DBS Broly but still use stuff related to Z Broly, so I wouldn't be surprised if DB decides to use some small info from other continuities. But hopefully it's just G1 and anything related to G1

My review of Alex vs Cole

Analysis was fine. A lot of the jokes felt out of place tho, with the weird Shadow and scrapped script jokes. Felt incredibly forced. And it was weird how they never gave a solid number for Cole's attack potency.

Music was good, had that 2000s vibes, and felt a lot like Linkin Park. But I felt the vocals were a bit out of tune in the chorus? It sounded better in the fight itself, and idk if it's just me, the sound balancing felt off, like the vocals were a bit too loud at some point. Otherwise, I quite enjoyed it. Solid 8/10.

Fight was amazing, loved the extra length to it, both fighters use their powers really creatively, and the animation was great. Not much flaws under then the final kill felt a little low impact, and Alex's facial expressions were a bit iffy. Really loved the dynamic these two had in the fight. Honestly my favorite fight this season. 9/10

Overall, episode is a solid 8/10-ish for me? Idk if it lived up to the hype, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Also so many Spider-Man jokes and they didn't make an "Electro vs Carnage" joke. 0/10 would not recommend.

Cole's abilities could overall let him resist the blacklight, at least long enough to fight back any immediate attempt of corruption and absorption and then heal.
The Supreme Hunter never really survived the atomic bomb, and even Alex got turned into mush by a much smaller part of the explosion, so the two scaling to that isn't exactly correct.
I'm not really sure that draining Alex's bio-electricity would really kill him, but his lightnings can do worse so that doesn't really matter. Alex being 66% SoL through memory absorption sounds a little bullshit to me, since it should be more a willpower or info processing feat, that shouldn't automatically scale to perceptions imho.
I feel like a lot of this falls into the interpretation stuff.
While yeah memory processing to Perception speed sounds a little off. I can 100% see people interpreting it as a processing speed feat. While I'm not sure I buy it.

With the supream hunter, there are arguments for it, especially since Mercer didn't absorbe him. plus there are calcs of Heller's Tendrals going out that get's in the hundreds of Kilotons that Alex should scale to at least half of. but that also falls into vs interpretation. As I feel like how one does calcs is also kinda interprative. (Since what standards one go by heavily affects the resaults. See the VARIOUS re calcs here. that have gotten way higher or lower.) like wrong math is wrong math. But stuff that people consider to inflate calcs can be seen as acceptable by others. so Shrugs.

I feel like this is a outcome more people will respectfully disagree with some of the logic but agree with the winner. For the most part.

Sometimes, though, I do feel like people forget that this site's standards aren't everyone's standards.

I don't like how they decided to exclude Evil Cole, though. I get it was probably an excuse to both not make it too much of an overkill and not having to animate black holes and shit, but they're justification was just dumb.
I get that in canon they don't cohexist, but DB never made it too much of a deal to patch together different incarnations of a character when it is convenient, see Link, Broly, Akuma, Leonardo and many others.
I'm kinda glad they used Good Cole over Evil Cole? I don't think the dynamic would be as interesting with Evil Cole.

anyways like i said

one may not vibe with this MU

but

who did folks have frieza
who did pushed for frieza other than megatron?

oh wait NOBODY
the best folks could came up with was some AU version of Megatron

Thanos-had his best,Thor vs Vegeta 2.0 with the same outcome and results
Pyron-literally irrelevant,nobody pushed this ***** hard outside there chambers and no one, and lost all appeal when black frieza came in
the rest who gives a shit

Vilgax is a decent alt for megs but the moment frieza didn't have anybody else megatron was gonna be that guy
This then arguably becomes "if Frieza only has mid, why even use him". Ofc there has been far worse MUs in DB. Even Vilgax kinda prefers Ridley rather than Meg.
Hang on dude, are Cole and Alex close to being retro characters?
Well they debuted 2009, 14 years ago, which then in 2009 14 years ago would be 1995.

So tbh probably yea lol

@Loh67867 thoughts on Diego Brando vs Reisen? I’ve seen it around
That MU is freaking trash, and what is even the connection between them? 🗿
?

At least Reisen and Kurousagi are both cute moon rabbits.

To be honest Reisen Udongein Inaba and Kurousagi both being cute moon rabbits means that the connections are strong and specific enough to make a matchup.

Yes I commissioned for that music work.
Yes this one.

A rabbit matchup for a Year of the Rabbit. Thought this will come earlier. But at least it comes near a mid autumn festival so some festival treats for y'all.

And depending on whom/whether I can find for actually singing that lyrics out, there will be a vocal version.

Not even composite game Rain stands a chance from what I know of WR

I wonder how DB will handle MK characters from the official games now that there's more than one iteration of them
Maybe composite Rain with very lenient scaling from Raiden and Liu Kang and some very notable speed boost would help.

Does it actually take a Low 1-C ~ 1-A (or a 8-C with High 6-A powers) to take down a 10-A with a 6-C stand? Though I would not be surprised such 10-A can low to mid diff a 6-C .

Last edited:
No bro you don't understand he has a form that's never been mentioned that's 80% as strong as SSG, this all has tons of totally legit backing and isn't just headcanon, why are you being so toxic you Dragon Ball fans I swear so toxic smh
You know after seeing the meltdown you guys had over Billcord and this, I'm gonna just stop posting things here.

Back