• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically what's megatron getting
Literally everything that would let him win. The reality of that match being the victory depends on what one character is given, that one character will probably always be given what they need to win. Frieza was screwed from the start it feels like.

While this is easily my favorite episode of the season in terms of fight and animation... The analysis is just so crap.

Felt too spiteful and the best jokes got ruined pretty fast (Boomstick reacting to his... Evil side I guess? would've been funnier if Boomstick didn't react to him just disappearing or went with 'What the ***** was that!?' outside of a 'well, that just happened while ironically Blacklight Wiz was the best example of using this and being funny) - Shadow being namedropped 4 times in 8 seconds is epitome of 'run to the ground' - a fart joke (which honestly never get funny imo), and felt spiteful to anyone who wanted the MU. It doesn't help that an analysis means this could be the first exposure to these characters for some viewers
I played InFamous and read up on Prototype years back so I had the familiarity and hype for it. But for example, using just this season-

I didn't know shit on Fire Emblem Three Houses and my knowledge on My Little Pony, Gravity Falls, Hunter x Hunter, Toaru, and Martian Manhunter wasn't the best outside of knowing the characters and some of their abilities - but the rundowns made me understand why people loved these characters and made me love Misaka, Discord, and Dimitri to the points that they actually - alongside Cole, are my favorite characters this season.

A good analysis and rundown can make people interested in a new franchise - but a lackluster one, especially one where if you underestimate your audience's listening and reading comprehension (or overestimate them depending on the fanbase), it can make people go 'why was this loved again?'

Overall-

2/10 Analysis, only like 1 or 2 jokes got a chuckle out of me
9-10/10 fight
100/10 OST - Actually outperformed my other favorites this season since I'm a sucker for nu-metal and rap-rock (namely God's Hand, Fireborn, and Change X Of X Heart)

6BAVdX4H6O5ZRVgFL58AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
What is MU?

Literally everything that would let him win. The reality of that match being the victory depends on what one character is given, that one character will probably always be given what they need to win. Frieza was screwed from the start it feels like.
No, no, he meant "That's what Megatron is getting", referring to the link he posted that I quoted in my post.

It seems to just be all G1 Transformers stuff, which is...not going to be enough to fight Black Freeza.

No, no, he meant "That's what Megatron is getting", referring to the link he posted that I quoted in my post.

It seems to just be all G1 Transformers stuff, which is...not going to be enough to fight Black Freeza.
Oh.... my b

But still I'm sure they'll find something to give Megatron the win. Broly winning used up all the luck for every future Dragon Ball match

Really hope they don't do another composite abomination with Megatron, that just feels unfair....unless they use a composite Freeza (Super Anime/Manga, SDBH, some Toeiverse stuff) to compensate, who would be 2-B....
Actually a Composite Frieza would be 2-A since SDBH is actually Multiversal+, not that it means anything since I doubt they'll use Heroes stuff but it's something I wanted to make a correction.

Also I don't know about you guys but I'm not really excited for Frieza vs Megatron, not because it's a bad MU or anything far from it but.....I don't know anything about Megatron while I know a whole lot about Frieza, so it's kind of hard for me to get invested into a fight that I can really only bet on one side because of familiarity. Still win or lose, my only concern is if they handle Frieza properly and have him give Megatron the fight of his life.

anyways like i said

one may not vibe with this MU

but

who did folks have frieza
who did pushed for frieza other than megatron?

oh wait NOBODY
the best folks could came up with was some AU version of Megatron

Thanos-had his best,Thor vs Vegeta 2.0 with the same outcome and results
Pyron-literally irrelevant,nobody pushed this ****** hard outside there chambers and no one, and lost all appeal when black frieza came in
the rest who gives a shit

Vilgax is a decent alt for megs but the moment frieza didn't have anybody else megatron was gonna be that guy

(Not sure if anyone's made this joke already, but...)

Hey guys, what do these three battle have in common

1. Ben 10 vs Green Lantern
2. Booster Gold vs Cable
3. Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer

I've prolly been waiting for this matchup since the time they wrote the joke script, tbh, I wanted Cole vs Alex for like a decade already, and I'm happy it didn't end up being a lost chance.
That said, I think the final result wasn't exceptional and there's quite the missed potential.

The animation was cool, but the amount of jank in the animations kinda threw me off, especially during Alex's speech, with that crooked mouth. On the bright side, they did use a good amount of abilities, with pretty good destruction and coreographies, they nailed it overall.

I don't like how they decided to exclude Evil Cole, though. I get it was probably an excuse to both not make it too much of an overkill and not having to animate black holes and shit, but they're justification was just dumb.
I get that in canon they don't cohexist, but DB never made it too much of a deal to patch together different incarnations of a character when it is convenient, see Link, Broly, Akuma, Leonardo and many others.
This is especially sad, since the killing blow was kinda lame, Alex just vanished into nothing upon touching the ground, while having him annihilated by Beast Cole would have been a whole different thing.

The rundowns weren't bad, they managed to cover the stories and the abilites well. Of course they could have done better including more stuff, but I've got no complaints about those.
The result is right to me, even though the justifications were a little off track.
Using Cole's matter-to-energy conversion isn't outright wrong, but it's still weird considering the rest of the feats he and his enemies perform.
Cole's abilities could overall let him resist the blacklight, at least long enough to fight back any immediate attempt of corruption and absorption and then heal.
The Supreme Hunter never really survived the atomic bomb, and even Alex got turned into mush by a much smaller part of the explosion, so the two scaling to that isn't exactly correct.
I'm not really sure that draining Alex's bio-electricity would really kill him, but his lightnings can do worse so that doesn't really matter. Alex being 66% SoL through memory absorption sounds a little bullshit to me, since it should be more a willpower or info processing feat, that shouldn't automatically scale to perceptions imho.
Alex being deemed more skilled because of the people he ate also doesn't sound correct, since he lacks overall experience against capable supermutants, having fought mostly feral monsters. On the other hand, Cole ha fought both monsters and a higher number of people who knew how to utiliz their abilities, which were also more diverse.
Overall not bad or wrong, just a a little off.

I agree that the jokes and snarky comments during the analysis fall flat, and they could have easily avoided them, or just not stress too much on them, but overall they didn't bother me too much. Instead, I found more cringy the childish joke about Cole farting ice, that was blacklight blade face palm-worthy.

I didn't like the track either, it fits I guess, but I'm not a fan of this type of singing. It does have the vibe of the time and the refrain is pretty good, but that's only that for me. The lyrics is kinda awkward, but the same type of awkwardess permeates a lot of DB tracks, even the best ones, I just feel it more than usual because I don't like the track itself.

My final judgement is that it's a nice episode, but could have been much better, especially given the anticipation after all these years, but that could mostly be my own bias towards the matchup.

Last edited:
The animation was cool, but the amount of jank in the animations kinda threw me off, especially during Alex's speech, with that crooked mouth. On the bright side, they did use a good amount of abilities, with pretty good destruction and coreographies, they nailed it overall.
i don't there was much jank outside the mouth movements and tbf we're dealing with characters who's models was from 2012 and no update to them tho

Premiered 6 hours ago

Guess we have 700k clicks by 1 day and tapped 1m in 2

Martian Manhunter VS Silver Surfer (DC VS Marvel) | DEATH BATTLE!
539,217 views Premiered 12 hours ago

You may just let me quietly do the count for the time being.

When you see some news, good or bad, you think you.
Bill Cipher VS Discord (Gravity Falls VS My Little Pony) | DEATH BATTLE!
405,663 views Premiered 7 hours ago
01:00 to 08:45 SGT 11 September 2023
409,788 views Premiered 8 hours ago
01:00 to 09:03 SGT 11 September 2023

Oh it surpassed MMvsSS in the same time frame. If it reached 1 million clicks in 24 hours it would be catching up with Vader vs Obito and even Season 9 performance.
Cole MidGrath vs Alex Flopper (Infamous VS Prototype) | DEATH BATTLE!
272,169 views Premiered 6 hours ago

Here we go~

Last edited:
And...
Happy mid autumn festival in advance

Mad Beauty - Instrumental (Reisen Udongein Inaba vs Black Rabbit) - JPVS Scores

i don't there was much jank outside the mouth movements and tbf we're dealing with characters who's models was from 2012 and no update to them tho
They feel a little clunky and stiff, I notice it more when they do acrobatics and sudden movements or when Alex uses his tendrils, it just doesn't feel smooth as it should.
I'm no animator, so I don't know how much liberty of action they have, but the 3D models of previous characters felt much more fluid. They gave me the stop motion action figure vibe that the likes of og Link vs Cloud and Goku vs Supes had, of course to a much less degree.

I don't like how they decided to exclude Evil Cole, though. I get it was probably an excuse to both not make it too much of an overkill and not having to animate black holes and shit, but they're justification was just dumb.
I get that in canon they don't cohexist, but DB never made it too much of a deal to patch together different incarnations of a character when it is convenient, see Link, Broly, Akuma, Leonardo and many others.
This is especially sad, since the killing blow was kinda lame, Alex just vanished into nothing upon touching the ground, while having him annihilated by Beast Cole would have been a whole different thing.
They actually do exclude stuff it they deem it incompatible with the character's lore or story, like how they didn't composite regular Alucard with Schrodinger Alucard. Seeing as how there's a severe split in character and endings, along with the light route being canon, I can understand why they'd avoid using it.

Should I definitely mention that Frieza vs G1 Megatron has a smaller size gap than Kirby vs Majin Buu (and Magolor vs Merlina the Wizard) and is actually similar to Wario vs King Dedede?

By Death Battle:
Kirby - Height: 8 in/20 cm
Majin Buu - Height: (Fat) Approx. 6ft/183 cm; (Kid) Approx. 5ft/152 cm
Wario - Height: 170.1 cm (5’7”)
King Dedede - Height: 61 cm (2’9”)

By the legend
Frieza - Height: 158 cm (5’7”)
G1 Megatron - Height: 600 cm (19’2”)
IDW Megatron - Height: 11.6 cm (38’1”)

Last edited:
They actually do exclude stuff it they deem it incompatible with the character's lore or story, like how they didn't composite regular Alucard with Schrodinger Alucard. Seeing as how there's a severe split in character and endings, along with the light route being canon, I can understand why they'd avoid using it.
Yes, they also did it with other characters, but at the same time there are dozens of instances of them just cramming all together or doing cherry picking for arbitrary reason that change from character to character, even when the points in common would be the same.

Good and Evil Alex are different versions of the same person within the same story, compositing them would be much less offensive that other Frankenstein we've seen in the past.

Yes, they also did it with other characters, but at the same time there are dozens of instances of them just cramming all together or doing cherry picking for arbitrary reason that change from character to character, even when the points in common would be the same.

Good and Evil Alex are different versions of the same person within the same story, compositing them would be much less offensive that other Frankenstein we've seen in the past.
Probably but I guess they wanted to focus more on good Cole for the dynamic

Here's my review

I'm not familiar with either series so I had nothing riding on this though I was rooting for Alex cause he just seems cooler

Music: WAY better than I expected it to be, it seems they just tried to capture that Linkin Park feel which IMO they did pretty well. Definetly a throwback to edgy 2000-2010s music which I miss even if it can be cringe

Overall: 8/10

Initial Analysis:
Yeah this sucked doodoo, I don't think a single joke landed for me and it definitely does feel like they disrespected both series by calling them washed up (Even though many other series they've done are far more deserving of that title). The fart jokes and constant Shadow and Spiderman references felt out of place and made me physically cringe sometimes. I do feel they did an at lest decent job of presenting there abilities and you could definitely deduce the winner with the info they gave you so that's always good. They did miss a few feats from both series that I've seen mentioned especially for Cole since he legit has Gigaton tier feats and scaling even without wanking though I guess that was left out to make it more close.

Overall: 3/10

Fight:
This was an amazing fight IMO even if some of the animations were janky. Both seemed to have a really nice back and forth and the ending landed for me.
Only problem was like mentioned above, the jank and the occasional cringy 1 liner

Overall: 9/10

Ending Analysis:
Felt adequate IMO, though from what I hear they kinda handwaved Mercers regen and infective ability since from what I hear he has a ton of layers of biological manip which IDN if Cole could resist. Coles reasoning for being able to bypass Mercers regen felt justified and of course there really no denying Cole has the better feats and speed. The energy draining thing that was brought up was also an interesting reason that other blogs haven't mentioned.

Overall: 7/10

Episode Score: 6.75/10​

Back