• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh god next two weeks are going to be ColeAlex having to beat Rilo flop Accusations
RFA can only affect if it you give it attention

And Frieza get stomped by composite monstrosity.

03-15e-margescreaming.gif
We don't know if they're compositing Megatron

Damn, that was one of the worst battle analyzes of the entire show. The last 2 seasons are really bad at math.
They had a lot of 7-B skills for Cole and even High 7-A/6-C skills, but they used some crap.
Mercer received no statistics at all, except for the speed of analysis. They only learned the power of a nuclear bomb, which disabled him even at a great distance. We literally don't know his AP and Dura.
Jokes about the script are just stupid

While this is easily my favorite episode of the season in terms of fight and animation... The analysis is just so crap.

Felt too spiteful and the best jokes got ruined pretty fast (Boomstick reacting to his... Evil side I guess? would've been funnier if Boomstick didn't react to him just disappearing or went with 'What the **** was that!?' outside of a 'well, that just happened while ironically Blacklight Wiz was the best example of using this and being funny) - Shadow being namedropped 4 times in 8 seconds is epitome of 'run to the ground' - a fart joke (which honestly never get funny imo), and felt spiteful to anyone who wanted the MU. It doesn't help that an analysis means this could be the first exposure to these characters for some viewers
I played InFamous and read up on Prototype years back so I had the familiarity and hype for it. But for example, using just this season-

I didn't know shit on Fire Emblem Three Houses and my knowledge on My Little Pony, Gravity Falls, Hunter x Hunter, Toaru, and Martian Manhunter wasn't the best outside of knowing the characters and some of their abilities - but the rundowns made me understand why people loved these characters and made me love Misaka, Discord, and Dimitri to the points that they actually - alongside Cole, are my favorite characters this season.

A good analysis and rundown can make people interested in a new franchise - but a lackluster one, especially one where if you underestimate your audience's listening and reading comprehension (or overestimate them depending on the fanbase), it can make people go 'why was this loved again?'

Overall-

2/10 Analysis, only like 1 or 2 jokes got a chuckle out of me
9-10/10 fight
100/10 OST - Actually outperformed my other favorites this season since I'm a sucker for nu-metal and rap-rock (namely God's Hand, Fireborn, and Change X Of X Heart)

6BAVdX4H6O5ZRVgFL58AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Last edited:
I just watched Alex VS Cole, to be honest the analysis wasn't as bad as i heard, the only issue was the jokes about Shadow and Boomstick's wifes.

But the introduction and end did give me that impressive, it sounded quite condescending the way the treated this MU, just because the characters stopped be relevant.

Which its a shitty attitude other to be very hypocritical considering that no problem bring someone like Popeye, who hasn't had any new cartoons/movies in recent years.

Yeah Im feeling VaderObito scenario with Megatron being Vader here. Also this season having many big upsets making Meg seemingly have better chance.

I just watched Alex VS Cole, to be honest the analysis wasn't as bad as i heard, the only issue was the jokes about Shadow and Boomstick's wifes.

But the introduction and end did give me that impressive, it sounded quite condescending the way the treated this MU, just because the characters stopped be relevant.
I agree, I don't have any big connections to either character or verse but it did feel like the analysis was done out of scripted obligation rather than naturally being excited to show off this MU and actually wanting to inform the casual audience about both these characters but it didn't bother me that much, tho I can understand fans of Alex Vs Cole (MU and characters) might not be happy. Cliffnotes version: the derivative humour with the analysis wasn't good.

Other than that, the animation was great with good usage of camera angles and natural fight progression, I liked the voice acting (very 00s) and the Ost once more doesn't disappoint with the vocals being... just YES! Also I'm looking forward to next time, no predictions from me I'm just going to enjoy myself for the next two weeks (tho I'm curious how much DB will composite Megatron).
Which its a shitty attitude other to be very hypocritical considering that no problem bring someone like Popeye, who hasn't had any new cartoons/movies in recent years.
Tbf Popeye is a well known cartoon character
Doesn't change the fact that there haven't been any new popular cartoon, comics or movies about his franchise.
I get your points but Popeye isn't the best example considering he's still very popular in the meme and Twitter communities (he even has own quite active Twitter account) plus he has maintained some iconic/cult appeal like several classic cartoon characters these years. But I digress on this subject.

Yeah but again, Popeye has been around for longer and is more well known, compared to alex and cole which unless you were around the 2010s to play games and such, you dont know of them

Death Battle though is at fault for not doing it sooner, like you saved alex from carnage as a MU, yet you didnt do shit with it unless your fans voted for it and you still act in cast and episode itself spiteful for no reason, when its on you?

Also i get some characters/franchises that are bigger names get more views, but it hurts you to get more reps of a series you barely had any?

Even if you have a schedule for when fights gotta air out, at least try to have them come out when they got something freshly new or when they are still relevant, timing is the key lol, with obi wan vs kakashi you done it on a day related with star wars for views

Yeah but again, Popeye has been around for longer and is more well known, compared to alex and cole which unless you were around the 2010s to play games and such, you dont know of them

Death Battle though is at fault for not doing it sooner, like you saved alex from carnage as a MU, yet you didnt do shit with it unless your fans voted for it and you still act in cast and episode itself spiteful for no reason, when its on you?
Tbf it's probably came down to general resources and animation
Doing Alex abilities have to been a bitch to deal with

While this is easily my favorite episode of the season in terms of fight and animation... The analysis is just so crap.

Felt too spiteful and the best jokes got ruined pretty fast (Boomstick reacting to his... Evil side I guess? would've been funnier if Boomstick didn't react to him just disappearing or went with 'What the ***** was that!?' outside of a 'well, that just happened while ironically Blacklight Wiz was the best example of using this and being funny) - Shadow being namedropped 4 times in 8 seconds is epitome of 'run to the ground' - a fart joke (which honestly never get funny imo), and felt spiteful to anyone who wanted the MU. It doesn't help that an analysis means this could be the first exposure to these characters for some viewers
I played InFamous and read up on Prototype years back so I had the familiarity and hype for it. But for example, using just this season-

I didn't know shit on Fire Emblem Three Houses and my knowledge on My Little Pony, Gravity Falls, Hunter x Hunter, Toaru, and Martian Manhunter wasn't the best outside of knowing the characters and some of their abilities - but the rundowns made me understand why people loved these characters and made me love Misaka, Discord, and Dimitri to the points that they actually - alongside Cole, are my favorite characters this season.

A good analysis and rundown can make people interested in a new franchise - but a lackluster one, especially one where if you underestimate your audience's listening and reading comprehension (or overestimate them depending on the fanbase), it can make people go 'why was this loved again?'

Overall-

2/10 Analysis, only like 1 or 2 jokes got a chuckle out of me
9-10/10 fight
100/10 OST - Actually outperformed my other favorites this season since I'm a sucker for nu-metal and rap-rock (namely God's Hand, Fireborn, and Change X Of X Heart)
They really wanted to play this off like it was a script from 2013, so the analysis being absolute sh-it makes sense.

That reminds me, I might as well update my own ranking:

DBa25923.png

Don't really have too many opinions on ColeAlex. Tl;dr is a decently choreographed fight with OKish writing, Kevin Rivera being more at home with Alex than he was with Dimitri on a count of not having to live up to Chris Hackney's expectations, and an OST that's good... until it's not, and I mean that in the sense that A) it was built far more around the fight as opposed to being it's own track than any other song in the OST this season IMO, and B) the version of the track used in the fight is better than the one used in the public release (the string section in the public version isn't as pronounced for some reason?).

Yeah, and Wiz even said "Let's end this debate once and for all!" lol..

Really hope they don't do another composite abomination with Megatron, that just feels unfair....unless they use a composite Freeza (Super Anime/Manga, SDBH, some Toeiverse stuff) to compensate, who would be 2-B....

Yeah, and Wiz even said "Let's end this debate once and for all!" lol..

Really hope they don't do another composite abomination with Megatron, that just feels unfair....unless they use a composite Freeza (Super Anime/Manga, SDBH, some Toeiverse stuff) to compensate, who would be 2-B....

http://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2023/09/suggested-media-freeza.html?m=1

Back