• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Maybe it is better to stop the topics of certain matches with horribly verdicts in S10 because there would be more as they would find that wrong verdict won't stop them being enshrined.
He might have that kind of range with the RFI, but normally I'm not too sure. Speed wise it's complicated because you need to eradicate the virus, which they couldn't accomplish with nukes because shocker he survived.

I wouldn't go so far to say an Alex win is 100% incorrect, it's more likely that Cole pulls a win more often than not but Alex infecting Cole and winning that way is a plausible outcome. It's because this fight isn't purely about the stats, I'm sure you could argue Cole higher than what we have him on here (unlike Alex, who I'm pretty sure is safely in the territory he currently is in) and it wouldn't change the results too much.
Here are fanon battles of Cole VS Alex. There are two finished fanon battles there, and Alex wins in both of them. I have little knowledge in both of them but I have heard that Cole wins because of stats. The effectiveness of Alex's infection on Cole is one of the main debatable point.

It's crazy how the results of Bill vs Discord has inadvertently resulted in Cole vs Alex being a toss up match.
Vader VS Obito, Jean VS Revan, Bill VS Discord are three controversial or outright wrong episodes. It is interesting that all of them involve questionable analysis in spiritual stuffs. Maybe Death Battle should improve their skill in analyzing combatants who have spiritual stuffs.

I have little knowledge in both of them but I have heard that Cole wins because of stats. The effectiveness of Alex's infection on Cole is one of the main debatable point.
He does hold the stat trinity safely, that much is a given even by Alex supporters I'm sure; he isn't expected to contend with Cole in the physical department because his main thing is regeneration and virus hax.

Alex is Blacklight, the Alex we know in the game is just the virus appropriating his memories and persona because it believes it is him. To actually kill Alex you have to wipe out the virus.

Yeah IIRC Alex's Blacklight virus can kill people, but people strong enough can resist it and be turned into a mutant.
Mhmm, he can also consume the infected and other people for biomass and absorb powers that way.
They may try to argue that Cole is susceptible to infection methods because there is the DLC where he is turned into a vampire, so there is that.

I'd drink it either way
IMG_0183.jpg

Vader VS Obito, Jean VS Revan, Bill VS Discord are three controversial or outright wrong episodes. It is interesting that all of them involve questionable analysis in spiritual stuffs. Maybe Death Battle should improve their skill in analyzing combatants who have spiritual stuffs.
I think a big problem is they keep equalizing stats and then just looking at abilities. Their bread and butter formula for DC vs Marvel fights.

Not only is it a low effort analysis, but its just wrong. The characters don't have equal stats at all and said stat differences make a huge difference.

Alex is Blacklight, the Alex we know in the game is just the virus appropriating his memories and persona because it believes it is him. To actually kill Alex you have to wipe out the virus.
Then if Cole wins, Death Battle will give Cole massive stats advantage to completely destroy the virus. Is VS Battles Wiki's interpretation of both combatants enough to completely destroy the virus?
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath
I think a big problem is they keep equalizing stats and then just looking at abilities. Their bread and butter formula for DC vs Marvel fights.

Not only is it a low effort analysis, but its just wrong. The characters don't have equal stats at all and said stat differences make a huge difference.
I have seen that some feats for the equalization has been challenged by the feats with their context (e.g. massively buffed)

Tbh if you do that asinine scaling for Marvel & DC, I cant fault them if they end up equal. Reap what you sow.

It requires a lot more effort and nuance. The DB fanblog's Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter brought up all the scaling the character had, and found Surfer to have better and more consistent scaling, taking the stat trinity. Granted, it took a lot of analysis and scans.

It's far easier to just say: "Equal stats, but character has XYZ ability to take the win."

I guess when you're producing these every two weeks and appealing to casuals who don't want to hear about infinityhyperversalbiggatons, it's a winning formula.

Martian Manhunter VS Silver Surfer (DC VS Marvel) | DEATH BATTLE!
539,217 views Premiered 12 hours ago

You may just let me quietly do the count for the time being.

When you see some news, good or bad, you think you.

Bill Cipher VS Discord (Gravity Falls VS My Little Pony) | DEATH BATTLE!
556,307 views Premiered 12 hours ago

Oh Bill Cipher vs Discord is currently "slightly better than Martian Manhunter vs Silver Surfer" tier in clicks.

It requires a lot more effort and nuance. The DB fanblog's Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter brought up all the scaling the character had, and found Surfer to have better and more consistent scaling, taking the stat trinity. Granted, it took a lot of analysis and scans.

It's far easier to just say: "Equal stats, but character has XYZ ability to take the win."

I guess when you're producing these every two weeks and appealing to casuals who don't want to hear about infinityhyperversalbiggatons, it's a winning formula.
I mean realistically yes. But DB has not done realistic comic scaling in ages. MMHvsSS is not anymore weird than some other comic scalings from past few years.

Then if Cole wins, Death Battle will give Cole massive stats advantage to completely destroy the virus. Is VS Battles Wiki's interpretation of both combatants enough to completely destroy the virus?
Probably, provided they grant Cole the range to do so, which when he's RFI empowered he has.

All I'm saying is that if you believe Cole wins, that's valid. If someone happens to believe Alex wins, that's also valid. The match isn't one-sided because on one hand you have a combatant that outclasses the other in every category, but the other only needs one opportunity to score a win and has the necessary regeneration and immortality to buy time.

Alex might win at close, but Cole should win majority of time. Cole should have Ionic Storm to fry Alex consistently and he can somewhat electrify his body to avoid Alex's touch in that scenario. Or I hope at least.

Daily reminder that during DBcast or Banter Ballow (I don't remember correctly), Death Battle said that Killer Instinct is not relevant.

Daily reminder that both Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter games premiered/are going to be released this year.

Daily reminder that Liu Kang vs Ryu is a more legacy and default matchup for the casual audience, while Liu Kang vs. Jago is a comparatively newer matchup that only people in the VS and Death Battle community care about.

Daily reminder that Death Battle already did Liu Kang vs. Ryu as a DBX episode.
3b2485930458222b4a88dca2229377b6.png

ohyou.png

Bonk counter: 34
What are you bonking on?

Daily reminder that during DBcast or Banter Ballow (I don't remember correctly), Death Battle said that Killer Instinct is not relevant.

Daily reminder that both Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter games premiered/are going to be released this year.

Daily reminder that Liu Kang vs Ryu is a more legacy and default matchup for the casual audience, while Liu Kang vs. Jago is a comparatively newer matchup that only people in the VS and Death Battle community care about.

This is definitely fitting possibly into the "recycle" cipher.

However will Killer Instinct fans be satisfied with Liu Kang vs Jago being robbed by Liu Kang vs Ryu? Unlikely. May ease their stress when Spinal vs Cervantes is done but then it faces Escanor vs Whitebeard (?).

Alex might win at close, but Cole should win majority of time. Cole should have Ionic Storm to fry Alex consistently and he can somewhat electrify his body to avoid Alex's touch in that scenario. Or I hope at least.

Apparently from what I remember Alex's Virus can also be spread through the air.

I remember seeing some arguments that he could do it with smoke or something like that, so technically he just needs to be close to cole, which depending on the speed could be easier or harder.

Nota al margen, pero ¿a alguien más le resulta realmente divertido que este episodio haya sido patrocinado tanto por un servicio de salud mental como por un maldito sitio web de apuestas deportivas? Como hablar de sinergia de marca. "¡Descarga Draft Kings y soluciona esa adicción con Betterhelp!"
that's how money works..

What are you bonking on?

This is definitely fitting possibly into the "recycle" cipher.

However will Killer Instinct fans be satisfied with Liu Kang vs Jago being robbed by Liu Kang vs Ryu? Unlikely. May ease their stress when Spinal vs Cervantes is done but then it faces Escanor vs Whitebeard (?).
The only reason Death Battle would choose Liu Kang vs Jago instead of Liu Kang vs Ryu is because they might feel obligated to do this matchup due to the expectations of the Death Battle community, especially after the disappointment of Deku vs Asta

Death Battle would most likely have Cole MacGrath beat Alex Mercer simply by virtue of Cole MacGrath having storm feats, more stat feats such as with his speed, and simply having Cole dealing with more variety of superhuman abilities compared to Alex Mercer dealing with mainly infected abilities - and also the fact that Alex Mercer's own regeneration and Absorption abilities tend to be underestimated outside of this site due to common misinterpretations (e.g. common misinterpretation where Alex being assumed to have his regeneration stopped working entirely if he doesn't have enough biomass, when he can actually still regenerate even with little to no excess biomass, but just does so slowly. Another common misinterpretation where his Absorption being assumed to only work based on the victim's strength, and that he needs to weaken them first... When that is not the case, as the Blacklight Virus has feats of showcasing that it can absorb even characters stronger than the user without needing to weaken the victims that are physically stronger than them).

However, if we use VSBW's interpretation of both Cole MacGrath and Alex Mercer (based on their current profiles), Alex Mercer actually haxstomps any version of Cole that isn't Beast Cole if speed is equalised, especially if we use Prototype 2 Alex Mercer.

No step on snek!
🎩
🐍

Last edited:
I plan to watch Cole vs. Alex, probably at the end of this year. I'm planning to buy a PS3 in November to play Infamous and other PS3 classics

I guess it was too much to hope that Discord would win via type 8 immortality. Then again, Death Battle will always leave out specific things to ensure the character they want to win, wins. Like saying him no longer being chaotic would cause him to stop existing, but also stating in the pop up that he CAN become Order (Accord) and be just fine. Accord exists as long as the desire for order exists in people, and the same should be true for Discord. As long as there's Chaos, he exists. Same reason why they can't kill Cosmos.

I dunno anything about Infamous, but Prototype is something I enjoy. Looking forward to that fight

If Frieza can survive hakai energy, something that wipes you physically, spiritually, and temporarily from existence, and has even overcome narrative erasure, then he's resisting anti matter.

A side note, I hope the DB Super anime adapts the Moro arc and so they can put him up against Tirek (and hopefully gets some buffs, cause he gets stomped currently).

I guess it was too much to hope that Discord would win via type 8 immortality. Then again, Death Battle will always leave out specific things to ensure the character they want to win, wins. Like saying him no longer being chaotic would cause him to stop existing, but also stating in the pop up that he CAN become Order (Accord) and be just fine. Accord exists as long as the desire for order exists in people, and the same should be true for Discord. As long as there's Chaos, he exists. Same reason why they can't kill Cosmos.

I dunno anything about Infamous, but Prototype is something I enjoy. Looking forward to that fight
They basically just said there’s no time frame for him to come back from being completely destroyed, so he wouldn’t be able to continue the fight, but he would eventually regenerate.

You do realize DB isn't obsessed with clicks to a degree right?

Why not do Piccolo vs MMH given how well DB vs DC does

If they were gonna do a SF vs MK mu it would Juri vs Mileena not a MU that got answered with Akuma vs shao khan

This is probably the recycling symbol: Megatron and Frieza were rebuilt (recycled)
7502eb615619a7addfec95048447a1a9.png
The transformation symbol makes more sense
If Frieza can survive hakai energy, something that wipes you physically, spiritually, and temporarily from existence, and has even overcome narrative erasure, then he's resisting anti matter.

A side note, I hope the DB Super anime adapts the Moro arc and so they can put him up against Tirek (and hopefully gets some buffs, cause he gets stomped currently).
Depends when super comes back
October awaits us

Back