• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I hate reddit
189a7c69527092dbbc832c97a66eafb0.png
holy based

people still bringing up bucky ffs, that was over 10 years ago

and the crew stated that they don't consider Misaka to be a obscure character at all.

I'm really surprised that you are surprised that Saitama vs. Popeye was the Season 8 finale instead of Galactus vs. Unicron. What did you expected? Saitama is more popular than Galactus and Unicron combined. Don't believe me? Let's conduct an experiment:
  1. Go to the /a/ board on 4chan and look for a Saitama thread. Then, go to /co/ and look for a Galactus or Unicron thread. Which thread do you find first?
  2. Go to r/anime and look for a Saitama thread. Go to r/marvel and look for a Galactus thread. Finally, go to /transformers and search for an Unicron thread. Which thread do you find first?
  3. Go to YouTube. Search for "Saitama" and look for recently added videos. Then, do the same with "Galactus" and "Unicron." Which character has more videos?

I just watched Bill vs Discord.

The animation and music was one of their best animations of all time. Probably my favorite. Though it confused me on who won. I thought Discord won.

Anyway, their research was garbage. Never trust Death Battle again. If you see anyone get their scaling opinion from Death Battle, laugh at them in the same way you would laugh at someone who gets their scaling from vs battles wiki.

Death Battle has lost all their credibility since Raven vs Phoenix, Bill vs Discord just confirmed it.

Bill fights regular street tier humans all the time. He should not be able to keep up with Discord who can time travel with sheer speed. Discord could just time travel to the past and destroy Bill when he was weakened.

Saying Bill can keep up with Discord is saying that Gravity Fall humans have immeasurable speed. That's billcrap.

Death Battle as always, wanking soul regeneration to make a character win. I hope it doesn't become a trend.

Also, them wanking Bill's precognition? Bill had a trillion years of prep time and he still lost to normal humans despite the precognition. Discord would simply decimate Bill with ease.

Overall, the episode is a 9.5/10 but the research was wrong and bullcrap, Discord is simply Bill Cipher but better in every way. Bill can't even kill Discord, he will always come back since he embodies a concept. Bill has no way of dealing with that or Discord many other haxes and speed.

I predict that there will be an increase in normies and powerscalers wanking Bill Cipher to the maximum just because dadda Death Battle said so.
I saw some people in the comments bringing up that they didn't think the research wasn't good. But the saving grace of this episode isn't the research or even the post-analysis, it's the fight itself and if you pay attention to how the animation, Discord, in a sense, won the war against the Dream Demon.

TV Tropes put it extremely well:
"Even setting aside the fact that both are from kids' shows where the good guys triumph and the bad guys fail, Discord managing to sabotage Bill and achieve his goal of saving his friends despite losing the Death Battle is wholly appropriate when you consider this episode's main theme was utter chaos: he managed to screw with the typical winner/loser dynamic like a good avatar of disorder should....Discord is aware he's in a Death Battle, and hates playing by others' rules. How does he break the rules? By never playing the game at all. Discord wasn't playing to beat Bill in a Death Battle to begin with, he was playing to beat Bill in the plot of the Death Battle. Which he succeeded in.

Discord's letter says Bill will learn a lesson about friendship. Discord might've lost the Death Battle, but he gets the last laugh because that wasn't actually his goal, just one way he could've reached it it. His real goal was saving his friends.
"

I saw some people in the comments bringing up that they didn't think the research wasn't good. But the saving grace of this episode isn't the research or even the post-analysis, it's the fight itself and if you pay attention to how the animation, Discord, in a sense, won the war against the Dream Demon.

"True to Discord's character, much like Deadpool and Pinkie, Discord managed to do something more impressive than beating Bill: refuse to play the show's game. Rather than fighting to actually win the Death Battle (which would've been a nice bonus), he was fighting to win the plot of their battle from the very beginning...Even setting aside the fact that both are from kids' shows where the good guys triumph and the bad guys fail, Discord managing to sabotage Bill and achieve his goal of saving his friends despite losing the Death Battle is wholly appropriate when you consider this episode's main theme was utter chaos: he managed to screw with the typical winner/loser dynamic like a good avatar of disorder should....Discord is aware he's in a Death Battle, and hates playing by others' rules. How does he break the rules? By never playing the game at all. Discord wasn't playing to beat Bill in a Death Battle to begin with, he was playing to beat Bill in the plot of the Death Battle. Which he succeeded in.

Discord's letter says Bill will learn a lesson about friendship. Discord might've lost the Death Battle, but he gets the last laugh because that wasn't actually his goal, just one way he could've reached it it. His real goal was saving his friends.
"
I mean adding the fact he'll come back eventually while Bill is trapped in the nightmare realm again ye

Rilo started doing less flop cringe only for Seventy to return.

death.gif
I just hate it when Death Battle constantly makes bad decisions. Why Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter? Are these characters really that popular? Is this matchup genuinely requested? Why is it the third Marvel vs DC matchup in Season 10? Even if they wanted another Marvel vs. DC battle, Mysterio vs Scarecrow would be a better choice because Mysterio is quite popular, and this matchup has actually been requested.

There's a chance for either Giorno vs Joker or Kira vs Adachi in this season, but why now? Why not earlier when parts 4 and 5 were at their peak popularity?

That's why Omniman vs Homelander is the best Death Battle decision since Goku vs Superman: they took advantage of the fact that both series are at their peak popularity.

Damn I unfollowed this thread for one day and there are 5 new pages talking about Bill vs Discord.

Anyways, I enjoyed each of the characters' analysis because of how unique they were compared to others I've seen. The fight/animation was spectacular. Probably my favorite this season.

However, post analysis is kinda doo doo for reasons that's been hammered in by everyone for the past 5 pages.

"Even setting aside the fact that both are from kids' shows where the good guys triumph and the bad guys fail, Discord managing to sabotage Bill and achieve his goal of saving his friends despite losing the Death Battle is wholly appropriate when you consider this episode's main theme was utter chaos: he managed to screw with the typical winner/loser dynamic like a good avatar of disorder should....Discord is aware he's in a Death Battle, and hates playing by others' rules. How does he break the rules? By never playing the game at all. Discord wasn't playing to beat Bill in a Death Battle to begin with, he was playing to beat Bill in the plot of the Death Battle. Which he succeeded in.

"
Perfectly well put!, Discord was the real winner of this episode and no one can change my mind.

"
Holy shit that is the most cope I've ever seen for a character losing in a Death Battle.

I'm really surprised that you are surprised that Saitama vs. Popeye was the Season 8 finale instead of Galactus vs. Unicron. What did you expected? Saitama is more popular than Galactus and Unicron combined. Don't believe me? Let's conduct an experiment:
  1. Go to the /a/ board on 4chan and look for a Saitama thread. Then, go to /co/ and look for a Galactus or Unicron thread. Which thread do you find first?
  2. Go to r/anime and look for a Saitama thread. Go to r/marvel and look for a Galactus thread. Finally, go to /transformers and search for an Unicron thread. Which thread do you find first?
  3. Go to YouTube. Search for "Saitama" and look for recently added videos. Then, do the same with "Galactus" and "Unicron." Which character has more videos?
ok say what you want about me, but i would never use 4chan stats for anything lmao

Holy shit that is the most cope I've ever seen for a character losing in a Death Battle.
@Lawyerr I don't think you know me but I'm not a fan of MLP and I tolerate Discord. I'm more of a Gravity Falls guy, but my point is that regardless of the analysis of the fight, people are not always going to remember the reasonings for who won/lost, but for how they won/lost in the animation.

If you don't get this in the most simplest of terms, than that's on you buddy for not looking in the big picture.

Last edited:
I just hate it when Death Battle constantly makes bad decisions. Why Silver Surfer vs Martian Manhunter? Are these characters really that popular? Is this matchup genuinely requested? Why is it the third Marvel vs DC matchup in Season 10? Even if they wanted another Marvel vs. DC battle, Mysterio vs Scarecrow would be a better choice because Mysterio is quite popular, and this matchup has actually been requested.

There's a chance for either Giorno vs Joker or Kira vs Adachi in this season, but why now? Why not earlier when parts 4 and 5 were at their peak popularity?

That's why Omniman vs Homelander is the best Death Battle decision since Goku vs Superman: they took advantage of the fact that both series are at their peak popularity.
the marvel vs dcs are the show's bread and butter and they keep doing them because those episodes keep drawing consistent views, maybe not a whole lot. but they are reliable views.

like that was my whole ass mission and purpose in dissing Guts vs Dimitri, when that episode failed to overtake Phoenix vs Raven and got booty blasted by Martiansurfer

Like the community is like "AARRRR MARVEL VS DC WHEN THEY ARE GONNA STOP DOING THEM????? NOBODY CARES!! GIVE US SOMETHING NEW!!" yet most of the "fresh and new" idea episodes keep geting ratio'd by the marvel vs deecees

I do, however, agree that they should do more relevant stuff and time it better.

@Lawyerr I don't think you know me but I'm not a fan of MLP and I tolerate Discord. I'm more of a Gravity Falls guy, but my point is that regardless of the analysis of the fight, people are not always going to remember the reasonings for who won/lost, but for how they won/lost.

If you don't get this in the most simplest of terms, than that's on you buddy for not looking in the big picture.
Bro what? What does the fanfiction of a TV Tropes page matter?

And what bigger picture? Ben confirmed back in a Season 1 QnA that the fight animations don't matter in the debate, as it's just a cool visual representation of the fight.

Discord making the heroic sacrifice is cool and all, and it's definitely something the community will remember, especially the vast majority of the casual audience, but it has no bearing on the actual versus debate. That's why it's cope.

Bill won and Discord lost, all the animation inbetween is eye candy. Really good eye candy mind you. The animators should be damn proud of that fight.

I saw the battle and I liked it, I really agree with EJthe24th

"

Btw, since Discord can time travel with sheer speed alone. Couldn't he just travel to the past and continue fighting even if Bill kills him? Bill has literally no winning conditions.
i mean, time baby can do that and he dont do to Bill tho

Bro what? What does the fanfiction of a TV Tropes page matter?

And what bigger picture? Ben confirmed back in a Season 1 QnA that the fight animations don't matter in the debate, as it's just a cool visual representation of the fight.

Discord making the heroic sacrifice is cool and all, and it's definitely something the community will remember, especially the vast majority of the casual audience, but it has no bearing on the actual versus debate. That's why it's cope.

Bill won and Discord lost, all the animation inbetween is eye candy. Really good eye candy mind you.
And that's what I'm saying: No matter times a matchup is shown, even if the episode will appeal to vs debaters like us, Death Battle will always appeal to the casual audience first and foremost.

The casual viewership matter more than what some vs debating communities' do in the grand scheme of things.

Which is why I say, no matter who wins the fight, the fight itself will linger with the casual audience while the results will linger for the vs debating audience.

Does that make sense?

DB's a fanfic show with logic at the end of the day, so a lot more of the viewership are going to gravitate towards the story aspect/narrative/entertainment of the episode rather than the debating scene. Not to mention one where Ben has explicitly made note of not to treat there word as gospel, it's even the reason why they removed the line "let's end this debate once and for all" at the beginning of there episodes because in a vaccum nothing is the be all, end all.

1. Bill Cipher vs Discord
2. Stitch vs Rocket Raccoon
3. Darth Vader vs Obito
4. Killua vs Misaka
5. Martian Manhunter vs Silver Surfer
6. Skyrim vs Darksouls
7. Ant-Man vs Atom
8. Phoenix vs Raven
9. Guts vs Dimitri

Got to see the episode with full context, not just the chopped up bits out of context I was shown.

And yup...It's fantastic. In literally nearly every way it's a perfect episode. One I would call 10/10. The action was fun, the visuals were amazing, and the 2D segments mimicked the original style so well they had me genuinely impressed.

...But the loss, reasoning, and the post analysis being filled with head scratchers holds that back. The final stance is one I don't agree with, heavily, and I think their attempt to explain themselves is very, very poor and leaves some obvious gaps in the debate.

However that's a horse that's been beaten to death since the episode dropped, pun fully intended. I'm agreeing with the 9.5/10 people. Perfect episode for what it is, but what it is is still just that slight bit flawed.

EDIT: Unpopular stance, but I'm only 'okay' with the track too. Doesn't detract from the episode at all, but it's not one I think I'll feel the urge to revisit. But music's one of those subjective things so it's not that huge a deal.

Got to see the episode with full context, not just the chopped up bits out of context I was shown.

And yup...It's fantastic. In literally nearly every way it's a perfect episode. One I would call 10/10. The action was fun, the visuals were amazing, and the 2D segments mimicked the original style so well they had me genuinely impressed.

...But the loss, reasoning, and the post analysis being filled with head scratchers holds that back. The final stance is one I don't agree with, heavily, and I think their attempt to explain themselves is very, very poor and leaves some obvious gaps in the debate.

However that's a horse that's been beaten to death since the episode dropped, pun fully intended. I'm agreeing with the 9.5/10 people. Perfect episode for what it is, but what it is is still just that slight bit flawed.

EDIT: Unpopular stance, but I'm only 'okay' with the track too. Doesn't detract from the episode at all, but it's not one I think I'll feel the urge to revisit. But music's one of those subjective things so it's not that huge a deal.
Thank you for understanding

Bill Cipher VS Discord (Gravity Falls VS My Little Pony) | DEATH BATTLE!
340,700 views Premiered 6 hours ago

6.5 hours huh.

Exactly. In a way, Discord's antics may not help him get the dub (according to the show), but it helped him keep Bil outta Equestria
Yeah.
And basically barred Bill Cipher from invading other franchises. Until some stupid characters "made a deal" with Bill Cipher.

Now I think about it: we learnt an important lesson about friendship and carrying a mission:
1. Friendship means caring for a friend even if it may take a cost to oneself.
2. Carrying a mission means achieving stated objectives first.
Discord saved Equestria and the Mane Six even if it means sacrificing himself.
And he actually succeeded in saving Equestria and the Mane Six despite Death Battle deems Discord losing to Bill Cipher.

Oh Nightmare Realm is the realm where Discord trapped Bill Cipher in btw.

Like, looking at Arceus' DB Fanon Wiki suggestions:
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
????? It was actually Omegamon which is lame
Ehhhh dunno about him, but Asura's Wrath is niche
hahahaha
Digimon "the god" is borderline featless, bad
Dunno about SN, but ehhh
You're joking DB Fandom wiki
Bad
Mother Eater has limited appearance
hahahaha
hahahaha
Ehhh, no thanks
Ehhhhh kinda bad
Ehhh
Only good one here JFC.

Then there is Amaterasu but she doesnt deserve that and Aslan which is shitpost level MU. These are worse MUs than Gohan or Piccolo, good lord. Id like to say Arceus has the single worst MU option list Ive seen.

Except Zeedmillenniumon has almost no connections with Arceus while Yggdrasil is almost the Digimon equivalent to Arceus.

And Yggy has feats. Several.

One thing to agree: Arceus is surprisingly hard to find good opponents for matchups.

Last edited:
Easily the best DB this season with the tasteful 4th wall breaking, animation changes (The puppet scene was the best imo), sublime voicing acting, funky ost and let's not forget CHAOS & WEIRDNESS.

Also @Dust_Collector don't forget what you said, Billcord needs to beat Obitader's 2 mill+ views or you're going to bring a whole new meaning to "eat it or wear it".

I don't care who won, pretty much everyone knew both characters can do pretty much anything/everything so it was down to the outcome reasoning being plausible and while I can fully understand some folks potentially having issue with how DB reached the conclusion of Bill winning (as well as actually giving Bill the AP advantage) I believe most can agree the battle could've gone either way and I truly enjoyed Discord getting one last lick in before "dying" by trapping Bill in the Nightmare Realm (One of the rare occasions where both the research and animation did an excellent job of showing the audience the match was indeed close, tbf tho it's not DBs fault that most MUs that are requested turnout to be stomps).

A 10/10 episode for me and I didn't really have a horse to bet on in this MU also next time is getting me hyped, it's almost like it's infections...

Scene change 2: Discord advantage
Discord does not have that advantage. Discord is knocked by Bill into the weird bubbles, strangled by Bill, scared by the big horrible Bill in stop motion, rapidly punched by Bill, shot a laser at Discord. When they are out of the weird bubbles, Bill is the one who kicked Discord first. Later, Bill crushes Discord and Discord loses his physical body. I failed to see it is respect to Discord. Most of Discord's abilities are disregarded while Bill's abilities are not only wanked but also some new abilities of Bill are invented by DEATH BATTLE!.

Also, the problem of the animation lies in the wrong verdict: all the plot of the fight animation is based on the wrong verdict, and it makes the whole plot a lie despite their effort in quality.
Btw, since Discord can time travel with sheer speed alone. Couldn't he just travel to the past and continue fighting even if Bill kills him? Bill has literally no winning conditions.
Discord has too many ways to win and it is simply one of them.
I predict that there will be an increase in normies and powerscalers wanking Bill Cipher to the maximum just because dadda Death Battle said so.
DEATH BATTLE result has been enshrined too much and it prevents further better Discord VS Bill animation and analysis.

It's a good thing 99% of the viewers are ignoring the fight analysis to focus on Discord making a heroic sacrifice.

Who needs to be right when the audience doesn't care. Ahh Deathbattle
So there is a conspiracy theory is that DEATH BATTLE! knows Discord W but choose to Bill W for better views.
@Lawyerr I don't think you know me but I'm not a fan of MLP and I tolerate Discord. I'm more of a Gravity Falls guy, but my point is that regardless of the analysis of the fight, people are not always going to remember the reasonings for who won/lost, but for how they won/lost in the animation.

People sometimes are more likely to remember who won/lost.
So now we have shit like "Bill is immeasurable because he has spacetime manip!" and the only explanation we'll ever get is "don't be toxic".
I guess "don't be toxic" is a reason why Bill wins because it could shut the mouths of people who think Discord wins. As the old logic says: "no criticism, no problem".

Okay we are touching this topic again. Proceed with caution.

Martian Manhunter VS Silver Surfer (DC VS Marvel) | DEATH BATTLE!
373,173 views Premiered 7 hours ago
01:00 to 08:40 SGT 29 August 2023

Guts vs Dimitri
Premiered 7 hours ago
In comparison

361,255 views Premiered 6 hours ago
01:00 to 07:55 SGT 11 September 2023

Should I blame September being school recommencing time for the low view counts - hey that already surpassed Gutsmitri and gets close to MM vs SS during the same time frame.

Discord does not have that advantage. Discord is knocked by Bill into the weird bubbles, strangled by Bill, scared by the big horrible Bill in stop motion, rapidly punched by Bill, shot a laser at Discord. When they are out of the weird bubbles, Bill is the one who kicked Discord first. Later, Bill crushes Discord and Discord loses his physical body. I failed to see it is respect to Discord. Most of Discord's abilities are disregarded while Bill's abilities are not only wanked but also some new abilities of Bill are invented by DEATH BATTLE!.
Have you forgot that Discord

• Threw a pie at Bill's Eye?
  • Dropped dessert all over him?
  • Grew big enough to each like the euclidean chip he is?
  • Gave him a noogie in the inkyblot bubble?
  • Squeezed him like a squeaky toy?
  • Invaded Bill's mind?
  • And literally tricked to head back to the Nightmare Realm?
I get your upset Bill won but it's not like the Dream Demon gave him a complete beating to his chaotic ass.

Should I blame September being school recommencing time for the low view counts - hey that already surpassed Gutsmitri and gets close to MM vs SS during the same time frame.

School, and the fact that today is 9/11 may have something to do with that lol.

Have you forgot that Discord

• Threw a pie at Bill's Eye?
  • Dropped dessert all over him?
  • Grew big enough to each like the euclidean chip he is?
  • Gave him a noogie in the inkyblot bubble?
  • Squeezed him like a squeaky toy?
  • Invaded Bill's mind?
  • And literally tricked to head back to the Nightmare Realm?
I get your upset Bill won but it's not like the Dream Demon gave him a complete beating to his chaotic ass.
Well like what I said before, the animation team and the script writing team do give very much love and honour to Discord.

The real concern from MG is that the verdict ruins a lot of enjoying moments. And this alone is sufficiently is crippling for a show "with research and analysis" - if the verdict for Bill Cipher is shaky or even outright false (compared to the seemingly less shaky arguments for a Discord win), yet the team decided to give Bill Cipher a win, most of the audience - the really casual audience - would simply have some basic idea: (a) Bill Cipher is 11D as Bill is 4D, possibly 5D. (b) Bill Cipher has Raven level soul hax. Or, simpler: (c) Bill Cipher wins over Discord. Which, to team MLP, is spreading of false information.

Last edited:

BillCord is trending #2
405,663 views Premiered 7 hours ago
01:00 to 08:45 SGT 11 September 2023
409,788 views Premiered 8 hours ago
01:00 to 09:03 SGT 11 September 2023

Oh it surpassed MMvsSS in the same time frame. If it reached 1 million clicks in 24 hours it would be catching up with Vader vs Obito and even Season 9 performance.

Last edited:
Back