• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What's the most sci-fi vs fantasy MU you can think of?
Idk, John Constantine vs The Doctor
Your not going to believe this, but its from a YT shorts editor.....with a bill cipher pfp and no they didn't
YT vs moment
I made a shitty count on Reddit whether DB makes less popular character win over more popular one. Turns out no, they win 43.9% of the time.

Now my hand hurts from writing the list :V
Try putting it under cold water

db__tn___kamen_rider_geats_vs_sephiroth_by_argenn_dg73yvf-pre.jpg
I rather prefer Geats vs Tamamo from Fate than this one

What's a non-Marvel vs DC matchup that could be done in live action while still being "safe" enough to ensure the costs get recouped? I know Michael vs Jason was the frontrunner before it became 3D.
... Okay Jason Voorhees is a Warner Bros character sure but how many times has he been in exactly DC Comics?
(That Cole MacGrath and Alex Mercer both had Infamous and Prototype six-issue miniseries comic books published by DC Comics. Do you call them DC vs DC?)

live action episodes
Live action episodes are costly.
The production staff and management team members would want to
1. Reduce cost while maintaining the elements (and therefore plan that the elements can be executed in a budgeted manner)
2. Have matchups that can "do well" in live action. AKA very focused in martial arts and hand to hand combat and very few to no supernatural elements.
3. With sprite sheets, 3D models and hand drawn animation crew more available within Rooster Teeth, they actually have less motivation in making a fight for a Death Battle episode live action. They want to make sure live action actually brings its own flavor. (Nightwing vs Daredevil and Winter Soldier vs Red Hood are good picks for live action actually)

I made a shitty count on Reddit whether DB makes less popular character win over more popular one. Turns out no, they win 43.9% of the time.

Now my hand hurts from writing the list :V
Post the link.

I would love to see your methodology.

"Reddit AMAs are canon so Bill interacted with real life!"

Discord pulled out one of the real-life MLP comics while inside of the MLP comics and therefore can interact with real life more 🤓

Or we can just all agree both those arguments are dumb. I think we all do, at least.
Inbf, Bill is higher due to the ARG event showing he exists in our world or some nonsense like that

What's a non-Marvel vs DC matchup that could be done in live action while still being "safe" enough to ensure the costs get recouped? I know Michael vs Jason was the frontrunner before it became 3D.
Back in GoT's prime, something like Jaime vs Aragorn... not so much now.

Thoughts on Nanashi vs Madoka?

I may just enjoy it but I doubt this would happen in the first place.

A similar question: thoughts on Homura Akemi fighting any of the below combatants?
  • Kurumi Tokisaki
  • Sakuya Izayoi
  • Dave Strider
  • I-No
  • Hunter Zolomon
  • Bernkastel
  • Others (please specify)

So dunno if we have any Minecraft power scalers in here, thoughts on this video? It mostly goes over how strong Creative Mode/Commands Steve is since he was tired of people saying he’s fodder lol
Ehh Steve is weird and counting all the items as "lifting" for Steve is dumb, its a basic video game menu storage gameplay thing, he doesnt lift like that normally.

Command blocks are weird thing to count as well.

Bill Cipher: You cannot have all the advantages! (Ditto)
Discord: Yes.

Bill Cipher: No~
Discord: Yes~

I just immediately think of two jokes just by imagining Discord saying "yes"

Happy mid autumn in advance.

And if lucky enough we would have a music work on a remotely holiday themed matchup within this month or coming.

Last edited:
I may just enjoy it but I doubt this would happen in the first place.

A similar question: thoughts on Homura Akemi fighting any of the below combatants?
  • Kurumi Tokisaki
  • Sakuya Izayoi
  • Dave Strider
  • I-No
  • Hunter Zolomon
  • Bernkastel
  • Others (please specify)
Nah
Nah
Who?
Nah
Who?
I don't even like Bernkastel, but dammit, I love this MU even if its a Bern W

Nah

Nah

Who?

Nah

Who?

I don't even like Bernkastel, but dammit, I love this MU even if its a Bern W
You unclutured bastard for not liking all of that MU since every Homura MU so far are mostly amazing, maybe not for Dave but mostly because i have no idea who is this lel

What's the most sci-fi vs fantasy MU you can think of?
You mean the one with the most medieval fantasy flavour vs the one with the most science fiction flavor?

Edit: the below may include the matchups you are looking for

Edelgard vs Kylo?
This does fit the criteria.

Kurumi is the better choice buddy, the cast even had it
IIRC the cast hosts saw Kurumi Tokisaki vs Homura Akemi on a "not Champion Poll" "not Dragons' Den" podcast and are somehow interested. Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
Back