• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The hell? I thought Season 10 was one of the most successful seasons of Death Battle, in terms of views, quality, and overall reception, for Rooster Teeth's standards...so what are the heads up at RT smoking to not hold off of or not renewing the contracts of some of the people who helped make this season an absolute banger? Because I want to have that shit as well if it's that good.

Rooster Teeth's going to make like their namesake and let out their last croak before death forcefully comes for their business. Which is going to suck for the people who are just doing their jobs, but this is 100% Rooster Teeth's fault for all their **** ups

The hell? I thought Season 10 was one of the most successful seasons of Death Battle, in terms of views, quality, and overall reception, for Rooster Teeth's standards...so what are the heads up at RT smoking to not hold off of or not renewing the contracts of some of the people who helped make this season an absolute banger? Because I want to have that shit as well if it's that good.

Rooster Teeth's going to make like their namesake and let out their last croak before death forcefully comes for their business. Which is going to suck for the people who are just doing their jobs, but this is 100% Rooster Teeth's fault for all their **** ups
Idk wtf going on but something tells me this isn't a good sign

Ngl I knew Tom had a lot but this was more than I was expecting. Also, the fact that there's a Tom and Jerry Gacha game is crazy.
OKAY....it turns out that, depending on how it goes research wise, Tom's actually way stronger then I would've expected him to be. I knew he was a strong Toon, but to such a extent that he can rival Looney Tunes is not something I expected.

gentlemen it's fair to say that it's over

You know what I think is dickish about all this? I don't know if it's the case or not, but the way all these tweets are coming out on the same day might suggest Rooster Teeth didn't tell DJ, David, Kristina, and Luis about their contracts being on hold or not renewed till after the holidays were over and New Year's Eve....either as a "**** you" to them all and showing how little they care, or some thin attempt to be gentle with them when they know this is after the holidays

gentlemen it's fair to say that it's over

In the words of a previous Death Battle combatant:

xT5Nndk.png

Damn, it seems they might be running out of money. I might have to find another hobby at this rate. I mean, what are the alternatives? Fan made shows with a quarter of the budget? The best one was Smash Bracket but that one has ended. The future is uncertain, but despite my grievances with Death Battle, I hope for the best for them.

This is pretty big cope on my part but I don't think DB will die if RT does? It's the biggest VS show by far and well, I'd think some other company would pick up the scraps if it came down to it

Unironically isnt it RWBY's fault?
I think it's a multitude of factors here, but I think the primary one is that Rooster Teeth is by itself a horrible company to work for just based off the ass load of ex employees that came out and revealed just how toxic the work environment and people in charge at RT are to them and others.

That, and despite my criticisms towards RWBY, I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the crew behind RWBY on RT's downfall. Rooster Teeth by itself is just a really crappy company with really crappy bosses, and I don't want to blame people who do their jobs as best as they can for being stuck with crappy higher ups

This is pretty big cope on my part but I don't think DB will die if RT does? It's the biggest VS show by far and well, I'd think some other company would pick up the scraps if it came down to it
The fictional character VS shows are run by Screwattack Inc (currently still owned by Rooster Teeth), by fans from all over the place, and by some firms who barely even care about fictional character VS with actually some battleboarding mindset.

As Death Battle has been out for over a decade, if it is commercially bad it would have ended long ago. However, if it were so big a commercial success there will be market competitors bigger than... fans and fan artists.

However fictional character VS shows are in some sense very "indie" and copyright infringing by nature so I would not blame bigger names like CBR and WatchMojo only go so much in effort in making their so-called fictional character VS shows.

Hurts to see some great Death Battle crew getting booted away when they are the ones keeping Death Battle and Rooster Teeth alive.

Anyway I must get back to work rn

I'm not gonna delve into the rabbit hole of RT controversies but I will say nepotism is far more common across various industries and in general everyday life than most peeps are willingly to admit or openly acknowledge, not saying it makes it right but there's a reason "it's WHO you know, not WHAT you know" is such a iconic quote for entrepreneurs the world over.

That said doomposting at the beginning of the new year is unironically clinched AF!

Personally I've got neutral expectations for the next DB season (outside the MUs that have already been confirmed).

Fleetway Sonic vs Kasen 2 is coming out soon so I made media guides for fun for those interested.

Fleetway Sonic vs Kasen 2 is coming out soon so I made media guides for fun for those interested.
Ain't Ultraguy making a blog on this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back