• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I just remembered how most channels i watch these days who do reactions to anime or shows in general have patreon for early access and few other perks, which sucks, cuz i cant afford to pay on them along irl payments

Note: Early access has always been a thing back at Season 5, possibly earlier.

The issue is the number of people having it.
And it was a problem, i cant even count how many times i got spoiled cuz of f*ckers who decide to share screenshots of the character who won on facebook or messenger chats, let alone youtube comments notifs in death battle related vids, not even having a warning they spoil it

Yeah but would have done better when both have some hype still, heck alex was saved from carnage in 2018 just to have his fight half a decade later, missing a chance with S8 when it made sense too
I agree but it probably came to how tackle the MU animation wise and such given how it was a bitch to animate Alex tentacles and SFM would made it really janky

Remember when people were coping Misaka was a popular character, it was very funny
Lol nah
She was a who in general
I won’t pretend that’s the only reason the episode failed tho, it was also cause even if you dug deeper into the character, you’d realize she stomped. So what’s the point.
She is not a who - at least outside the USA. Her popularity is flooded by newer characters sure.

And Toaru series has lost its popularity over the years from its prime.

Really blame Rooster Teeth for not striking the iron when it is hot.

Yeah but would have done better when both have some hype still, heck alex was saved from carnage in 2018 just to have his fight half a decade later, missing a chance with S8 when it made sense too

Same applies to Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer.

I agree but it probably came to how tackle the MU animation wise and such given how it was a bitch to animate Alex tentacles and SFM would made it really janky
Or Maya or Unreal Engine?

Well animation is always cruder in the past than in the present.

This also makes tolerance harder for 3D animation nowadays.

Last edited:
Honestly its not like some 3D fights werent bad with how they move their models, but at least wasnt gonna be as horrible as h2h ones

Broly VS Hulk
Broly used in the death battle:
broly_ssj4___1__sdbh_promo__palette__by_ssjrose890_dedfepc-fullview.png

Hulk used in the death battle:
main-qimg-cfa1655e18640793903ad1b8ec2a1bc7-lq

Post that i find in r/CharacterRant:

"The "Boat Standard" of speed scaling​

If a character is portrayed as needing a boat, they are not FTL. If they are chartering a boat, not FTL. If they have an arc about how they need to fix or find a boat, not FTL.

I very confidently believe you can apply this universally and find no false positives.

But yeah the VBW/DB "at their best" logic creates these weird alternative versions of characters who have absolutely nothing to do with the characters from the original works they are suppsoed to represent.

We could also maybe have a "Mountain Climb" standard in order to say with authority that characters such as Kratos are not FTL."

If a character is portrayed as needing a boat, they are not FTL. If they are chartering a boat, not FTL. If they have an arc about how they need to fix or find a boat, not FTL.

I very confidently believe you can apply this universally and find no false positives.

But yeah the VBW/DB "at their best" logic creates these weird alternative versions of characters who have absolutely nothing to do with the characters from the original works they are suppsoed to represent.

We could also maybe have a "Mountain Climb" standard in order to say with authority that characters such as Kratos are not FTL."
Certified One Piece hater.

Based, unless there is an explanation to why a FTL character needs a boat to travel. Maybe a difference between attack speed and travel speed?

Based, unless there is an explanation to why a FTL character needs a boat to travel. Maybe a difference between attack speed and travel speed?
A lot of time combat speed differs from travel speed.

This is kind of common when it comes to capeshit.

Same should apply to other fiction

Character rant
Ignored

Back