• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Atom Eve winning over Gwen Tennyson?

Never mind we shall see if Atom Eve vs Gwen Tennyson gets into Death Battle soon - it is a cash generating matchup right?
It is debatable, it depends a lot on the speed of both.

It'll probably be a matchup just as tough as BB vs Boros if Gwen doesn't pull out her best tricks.

So Scott Pilgrim has two (three) timelines

Original timeline, which is what the comics are and Old Scott's future. And New timeline, which is what Scott Pilgrim Takes Off is. Oh, and there's also the movie but the follows the comics plot with a couple of changes for pacing reasons.

Scott will probably be composited, his movie version doesn't bring much to the table in terms of feats but the anime does. Old Scott shouldn't be used since Young Scott is the focus. Old Scott was able to take on the entirety of the Scott Pilgrim cast and win, including Todd (Though Todd has broken his vegan streak and had only eaten a single piece of broccoli to regain his powers, not sure if he was at full strength). Old Scott is the Ultimate Evil Ex, having learned all of Ramona's EXs powers and abilities, including becoming a vegan (Which makes him possibly comparable, but we don't know if all vegans are built the same, the future version of Robot #1 was stronger than Todd, so...). Scaling to the country level feat that Todd performed is a bit iffy, even if the rest of the cast was able to harm Older Scott.

So Scott Pilgrim has two (three) timelines

Original timeline, which is what the comics are and Old Scott's future. And New timeline, which is what Scott Pilgrim Takes Off is. Oh, and there's also the movie but the follows the comics plot with a couple of changes for pacing reasons.

Scott will probably be composited, his movie version doesn't bring much to the table in terms of feats but the anime does. Old Scott shouldn't be used since Young Scott is the focus. Old Scott was able to take on the entirety of the Scott Pilgrim cast and win, including Todd (Though Todd has broken his vegan streak and had only eaten a single piece of broccoli to regain his powers, not sure if he was at full strength). Old Scott is the Ultimate Evil Ex, having learned all of Ramona's EXs powers and abilities, including becoming a vegan (Which makes him possibly comparable, but we don't know if all vegans are built the same, the future version of Robot #1 was stronger than Todd, so...). Scaling to the country level feat that Todd performed is a bit iffy, even if the rest of the cast was able to harm Older Scott.
All that to be punted by Travis

What’s the most bullshit quirk of a verse when it comes to powerscaling debates?

For me it would be Dragonball’s defeating hax through sheer AP. “That’s some nice instant layered death manipulation and jungian mind illusion creation ya got there, unfortunately your verse is a billion times weaker than me in terms of destructive capability so I just can grit my teeth and power through it.”

In order for your hax to even work you already need to be stronger than the ki output of the DB character, which defeats the purpose of duraneg hax.

Imagine having a character with a touch of uber reality warping anal gaping obliteration that gets the drop on Goku and manages to touch him only for nothing to happen because lol ki=ap=dura>hax. Even if the weaker verses are comparable in speed, it doesn’t matter. This is why I prefer JoJo fights over Dragon Ball fights.

What’s the most bullshit quirk of a verse when it comes to powerscaling debates?

For me it would be Dragonball’s defeating hax through sheer AP. “That’s some nice instant layered death manipulation and jungian mind illusion creation ya got there, unfortunately your verse is a billion times weaker than me in terms of destructive capability so I just can grit my teeth and power through it.”

In order for your hax to even work you already need to be stronger than the ki output of the DB character, which defeats the purpose of duraneg hax.

Imagine having a character with a touch of uber reality warping anal gaping obliteration that gets the drop on Goku and manages to touch him only for nothing to happen because lol ki=ap=dura>hax. Even if the weaker verses are comparable in speed, it doesn’t matter. This is why I prefer JoJo fights over Dragon Ball fights.
Literally this meme:
image0.jpg

Also why I like Undead Unluck battles, they focus more on countering whatever their powers are and their powers all are basically law neg of a specific thing

JJBA stands are pretty busted in that their stands have double layered invisibility/intangibility. Because ghosts in JJBA aren't even able to see Stands.

While rap fit ThanosDarkseid & AdamApocalypse + ColeAlex, I dont think it fits GalactusUnicron.
I can imagine a vocal song though - oh Brandon Yates definitely have a commissioned music work from Galactus vs Unicron.

Oh we just have God's Hand after Vengeful Berserkers and Final Formers after Deceptive Tyrants.

To aru is p bonkers

A new VS show has been announced

oh my god Segata is going to ******* massacre him

What an interesting first matchup for a versus show though.

To be fair, I don't really think the power > haxx thing would apply to Dragon Ball fighting a verse outside of Dragon Ball, as the power > haxx thing is moreso an application of how haxx works within the Dragon Ball universe. Applying it to other verses is super hackey slappy and wouldn't make a lot of sense from my understanding. I do agree that even within Dragon Ball its a really lame quirk that kinda hurts how interesting fights can be though lol.

As for an example from me, Touhou has a bunch of really silly arguable verse mechanics that could technically result in a lot of instant win scenarios that I generally just dont take into account in most Touhou matches.

Also not sure how interested people here would be, but my research on my KaSonic 2 revisit blog is going along pretty well. The goal is to have it released at the end of the month or in early January. Ideally before Ultra's blog on the matchup hits.

It'll have a lot of updated info for Touhou stats including a lot of calcs for things that have never been calcd before, fix some issues in the original blog, and some really obscure shit for STC that nets some wild stats I've never really seen widely talked about before, so I'm excited to put it out.

To be fair, I don't really think the power > haxx thing would apply to Dragon Ball fighting a verse outside of Dragon Ball, as the power > haxx thing is moreso an application of how haxx works within the Dragon Ball universe. Applying it to other verses is super hackey slappy and wouldn't make a lot of sense from my understanding. I do agree that even within Dragon Ball its a really lame quirk that kinda hurts how interesting fights can be though lol.
You’d have a point if verse equalization wasn’t a staple of discussions like these so that screws over the Hax Character in that case. Then again, it depends on how people interpret it.

You’d have a point if verse equalization wasn’t a staple of discussions like these so that screws over the Hax Character in that case. Then again, it depends on how people interpret it.
I've never seen verse equalization be applied on this mechanic in particular before. Verse equalization is usually used in the way to have energy systems not be completely incompatible and have things like souls be present in verses that never make mention of them so things like soul haxx can work, or having power systems be able to interact, etc.

I imagine most people wouldn't want to argue it cause it either completely neggs the character they're fighting or results in completely backfiring on the DB character because now none of their haxx is usable and any remaining wincons kinds fade away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back