• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Given were getting Goku vs Superman 3 (2023) edition
I'm betting seeing a rematch between these two in the future
dante_vs_bayonetta_by_soul151killer_dfjih78-fullview.jpg
Probably not imo. I don't think it's as big as GvS3

So Kratos vs Asura won its bracket right? I guess they gave it an extra week but I remember people last week saying that it won over Sans vs The Judge.
the fact that one round got two weeks of voting and the rest got 1 makes this tournament a complete sham

but who really cares right?

You know I've been giving this some thought for awhile and I figured screw it, might as well share it if anyone's interested in listening.

So I know that a few people on Youtube, the official subreddit, and various internet forums related to Death Battle often discuss the possibility of rematches either for old episodes or MUs with outdated information, but I had this idea: What if for some episodes which are now considered "outdated", mainly for episodes which are from the last few seasons, instead of making a rematch episode they do a short or something that makes a correction of how the match up goes now. There's a few examples of such an idea where past season episodes which, with new information, are now outdated even though a few years have past. My personal example is Venom vs Crona because there they said that Crona was stronger, faster, tougher, and had the abilities needed to take out Venom....only for the King of Black storyline to end awhile later after that fight and Venom gained the Uni Power, which is considered the very spirit of Eternity, created a copy of the Necrosword which he used to decapitate the corpse of a possessed Celestial, effortlessly defeated a Skyfather character in the form of Knull, and is currently the new King of Black. So with that logic, I don't think rematch is needed but rather just a correction which claims that Venom is now vastly beyond Crona and pretty much stomps him now.

I apologize for all the rambling and stuff, but this was something which was in my mind for awhile today and I wanted to hear someone's perspective of such an idea

You know I've been giving this some thought for awhile and I figured screw it, might as well share it if anyone's interested in listening.

So I know that a few people on Youtube, the official subreddit, and various internet forums related to Death Battle often discuss the possibility of rematches either for old episodes or MUs with outdated information, but I had this idea: What if for some episodes which are now considered "outdated", mainly for episodes which are from the last few seasons, instead of making a rematch episode they do a short or something that makes a correction of how the match up goes now. There's a few examples of such an idea where past season episodes which, with new information, are now outdated even though a few years have past. My personal example is Venom vs Crona because there they said that Crona was stronger, faster, tougher, and had the abilities needed to take out Venom....only for the King of Black storyline to end awhile later after that fight and Venom gained the Uni Power, which is considered the very spirit of Eternity, created a copy of the Necrosword which he used to decapitate the corpse of a possessed Celestial, effortlessly defeated a Skyfather character in the form of Knull, and is currently the new King of Black. So with that logic, I don't think rematch is needed but rather just a correction which claims that Venom is now vastly beyond Crona and pretty much stomps him now.

I apologize for all the rambling and stuff, but this was something which was in my mind for awhile today and I wanted to hear someone's perspective of such an idea
I think the only issue with rematches with outdated info is it can depend? To date, the only remastered and redone episodes are

Boba Fett vs Samus (to show how far they came, an anniversary episode, and as a tribute to Monty Oum)

Mario vs Sonic (sticking only to offical games for the remake as Archie Sonic on top of Game Sonic made it a no brainer and an anniversary episode)

Cloud vs Link (definetly mostly to fix the issues of the older episode... annnd I think it was an anniversary episode too)

Goku vs Superman... twice...

While for example, they admit they messed up Yang vs Tifa - they won't redo the episode obviously, there'd be no real point- same with Rogue vs Wonder Woman and Gaara vs Toph as well - and I agree Venom vs Crona would be a terrible idea to use as it'd just be a spite match and I can't really fault them at the time because Venom is one of those characters who was always at a consistent tier for years so him suddenly jumping to a Herarld felt temporary as its not uncommon for most Marvel and DC characters to get a major power boost for a few months or years before status quo sets them back (heck, I'm not even sure if hes still Herarld tier).

I'm not really a fan of redoing matches most of the time (see this one where I think its only going to be a Goku pity win), so it'd really have to depend at this point as done wrong, it can come across as appeasing a pissed off fanbase.

While for example, they admit they messed up Yang vs Tifa - they won't redo the episode obviously, and I agree Venom vs Crona would be a terrible idea to use as it'd just be a spite match and I can't really fault them at the time because Venom is one of those characters who was always at a consistent tier so him suddenly jumping to a Herarld felt temporary (heck, I'm not even sure if hes still Herarld tier).
Actually on this part Venom's now a member of the Kings of Black which are the opposite counterparts of the Ivory Kings aka the Beyonders...meaning Venom's in the Abstracts tier and beyond that astronomically.

My idea was sort of vague so let me clarify a bit more clearly. The idea is not to create entire rematches for more recent episodes, it's a waste of time or resources, but rather have these corrections where due to new information or things that happened awhile after the episode it makes the results now outdated such as with the Venom vs Crona example or, arguably, Broly vs Hulk. Now mind you not every episode should or need a correction depending on what's presented or said new information doesn't change much, but rather just those specific matches where the changes are so notable that the results are now completely different.

crazy how Broly got that free win now lol
Yeah....just the fact that his childlike incarnation, which is weaker then Devil Hulk, alone recently (like the last few years somewhere in between) duked it out with a full powered All Father Thor and has some under his belt now does make the outcome of Hulk vs Broly much different now. Though to be honest, Hulk vs Broly is already a great enough episode so I suppose nothing else needs to be done other then making it clear that Hulk's a lot stronger now then where he was at in the episode

Back