• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
besides, Raidou techinally exist in the Persona series since the persona franchise as a whole is an alternate timeline where SMT 1 apocalypse didn't happen.

Yep, having your series live in the shadows of a dating sim for 20-30 does that to you
SMT fans are the most insecure fans whenever Persona is brought up :V
Simply be like me and enjoy both series for what they are.
alpha-chad.gif

Anybody feel that new trailer didn't hype as much as it wanted to?

I don't think this whole puzzle crack coding gimmick was the way to go. It fits Billcord yes. It's a good trailer on its own honestly, its very nicely made and it seems a lot of people really liked figuring out the codes and what not, but....

After 4 months without any news, most of the casual fans still only know three match-ups that are going to happen, Billcord, Colex, and Antom. They get this trailer and they still have to figure out who might be coming in, leaving confusion and uncertainty. Its hard to get hyped when you still don't know who's gonna show up after all this time.

Yes, I know Chosenborn was also revealed, but you have to look for it to know it's going to happen, it hasn't been publicly announced to the masses.

Anybody feel the same or at least understand where I'm coming from?
i get where u coming from in the sense outside 4 confirmed MU we don't know the rest beyond guessing what MU they could be

They said even more stuff!

Ballot Banter #19
Reed vs Plastic Man- “it’s a match” both kinda just counter each other until Fantastic pulls out a anti plastic man gun and wins. Probably the best for both but isn’t that interesting. Quagmire vs Barney- Have nothing on it that isn’t mean. Brought up Barney vs Sheldon instead.
Slimer vs Scratch- Dunno much about TGAMM, but the MU makes sense and Slimer showing up is cool. Liam brought up Ghostbusters vs Beetlejuice aswell, or Luigi vs BJ,
Tris vs Katniss- “mid vs mid”
Dresden vs Constantine- Sounds cool but John should wipe and win. Wanna do John, brought up him vs Radiou.
Shulk vs Lightning- could maybe be debatable, but does sound like a Lightning win. Talked about Final Fantasy stuff.
Grevious vs Gilgamesh- Not big on the MU but Grevious and Gilg could be cool.
El Tigre vs Richoet- could be sick.
Boros vs Battle Beast- Very cool, very debatable. Sounds like a good opportunity for a gory slugfest.
Shulk vs Stocke- Dunno Stocke, just talked about Shulk stuff.
Final Fantasy Protag Royale- into it at least from a debate perspective.
Seiya vs Shazam- it’s cool, outright said Seiya vs Moon is the biggest for both.
Marvelous vs Decade- down for this, interested in Kamen Rider.
Ness vs John- dunno Homestuck too well. Emil Vs Velvet- Seem to know them at least a bit.
Gilgamesh vs Emperor of Mankind- Would be fun or cool, Fate sounds neat, Warhammer gonna suck with copyright. Noted that Gilg and Saber are the biggest ones

FuGJlT6WIAMiFTc

I thought the yin and yan symbol could represent Reimu Hakurei but I saw Nemesis new video and it seems it could also mean Cole vs Alex or a battle of other characters with important relations to morality.
Ballot Banter #19
Reed vs Plastic Man- “it’s a match” both kinda just counter each other until Fantastic pulls out a anti plastic man gun and wins. Probably the best for both but isn’t that interesting. Quagmire vs Barney- Have nothing on it that isn’t mean. Brought up Barney vs Sheldon instead.
Slimer vs Scratch- Dunno much about TGAMM, but the MU makes sense and Slimer showing up is cool. Liam brought up Ghostbusters vs Beetlejuice aswell, or Luigi vs BJ,
Tris vs Katniss- “mid vs mid”
Dresden vs Constantine- Sounds cool but John should wipe and win. Wanna do John, brought up him vs Radiou.
Shulk vs Lightning- could maybe be debatable, but does sound like a Lightning win. Talked about Final Fantasy stuff.
Grevious vs Gilgamesh- Not big on the MU but Grevious and Gilg could be cool.
El Tigre vs Richoet- could be sick.
Boros vs Battle Beast- Very cool, very debatable. Sounds like a good opportunity for a gory slugfest.
Shulk vs Stocke- Dunno Stocke, just talked about Shulk stuff.
Final Fantasy Protag Royale- into it at least from a debate perspective.
Seiya vs Shazam- it’s cool, outright said Seiya vs Moon is the biggest for both.
Marvelous vs Decade- down for this, interested in Kamen Rider.
Ness vs John- dunno Homestuck too well. Emil Vs Velvet- Seem to know them at least a bit.
Gilgamesh vs Emperor of Mankind- Would be fun or cool, Fate sounds neat, Warhammer gonna suck with copyright. Noted that Gilg and Saber are the biggest ones
I vibe with Gilgamesh vs Emperor of mankind a lot. I don't know a lot about Warhammer but that's the type of MU that vibes even if you don't know a lot about it.

Only one. That's why it's called FINAL Fantasy.
Actually it's called Final Fantasy not because it was meant to be Square's last game but because they initially wanted to call it Fighting Fantasy, however it turned out that there was already a series of gamebooks with the same name, so they picked another word and called it Final Fantasy🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Last edited:
Ballot Banter #19
I vibe with Gilgamesh vs Emperor of mankind a lot. I don't know a lot about Warhammer but that's the type of MU that vibes even if you don't know a lot about it.
THEY FINALLY GOT TO IT?!?

I just watched, those mother ******* barely even talked about it.

Just wait until the planned CRT to completely change goes through, number of universes destroyed will only count as range making low 2-C/2-C/2-B the exact same tier and multipliers/scaling chains will reign supreme in tier 2, DBS will be the top dogs of tier 2 if that goes through
Talked with Ultima, now the new proposals are even weirder that not even I can wrap my head around it

I keep forgetting about this part. Luckily he has plenty of official art, and Death Battle has made a habit of animating stills in recent episodes. Plus Horus has a cinematic now, so as soon as he comes up there'll be actual footage.

They could fill up Big E's analysis easily.
Sure. So the real hurdle is only to potentially convince GW not to strike down their materials.

Holy

Hey @everyone It's ya fave mod girl, Nubia, coming at cha with an announcement about tomorrow's official server event. We talked about it at our Town Hall last Saturday but we are introducing a new event. The Official DEATH BATTLE Discord has gotten an exclusive invite to join the Death Battle crew and staff during their company-mandated hour long "STAFF BREAK". STAFF BREAK (SB) will work similar to our other live event, COMMUNITY CLASH (CC), but will act as sort of a Twitch stream/ Let's Watch/ Live Q&A with Death Battle Cast and Crew playing a game, answering questions and shooting the shit, all set exclusively in this discord server. We're kicking off our first STAFF BREAK with a cool opportunity. We're recording a BALLOT BANTER live in this server using matchups submitted by you! Yes, you! person reading this long ass announcement message!!

How will this work? Well in about 3 and a half hours at 9pm DBT (DEATH BATTLE Time aka CST) the other mods and I will be opening up a channel called "Staff Break Ballots" where you can pitch your matchup idea to the DEATH BATTLE TEAM for them to review during our event thats starts tomorrow 5pm DBT. The staff break ballot channel will only be open for 15 hours, from 9pm to 12pm, after which it will be closed down so I can get it all organized. The event will only last an hour and a half and there will be a lot of matchups to go through, so unfortunately we cannot go through them all. In an effort to keep it all fair to everyone we will randomize the order in which we will go through the matchups, so even if you are late you still have a shot to get your matchup talked about.

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW GUIDELINES WRITTEN BELOW FOR POSTING MATCHUPS DURING THIS TIME!!!!

1. ONLY ONE MATCHUP PER PERSON. There's a lot of us here in this server with a lot of ideas and i understand the excitement but we only have 90 minutes. The channel will be put in slow mode so make sure the one you post is one that you really want. If you change your mind ask a mod in <@&1057771640357920790> to delete your matchup before posting a new one.

2. Thumbnails are required. This is your opportunity to flex them mad matchup making skills. Show us what you're working with. If you need assistance with making a thumbnail feel free to reach out to fellow server members in ⁠thumbnails and someone would be willing to help ya out.

*3. Please keep your matchup description short! * Give a BRIEF description of your match up idea but keep it to at most a paragraph/ <75 words. Like i said above, we only have 90 minutes. This ain't the time to write a novel.

4. Please try not to repeat matchups. We wanna see some uniqueness during this. Repeat Matchups are only gonna be talked about once. Don't waste your opportunity to get an idea out there by posting something already talked about on a ballot banter multiple times, it will still have an opportunity to be talked about but it might get glossed over by crew.

5. Keep this channel clear. This is not for match up discussions, if you wanna do that take it to ⁠General Matchup Discussions . Post your matchup idea and leave.

If you you have any question about anything please don't hesitate to message <@&1057771640357920790> or ping an <@&462516161515618304> and we will answer any concerns.
If anyone on the mod team finds that you don't follow the guidelines posted above, or you misbehave in other places in the server your matchup will be removed from consideration entirely and further mod actions may be taken.

Holy

Hey @everyone It's ya fave mod girl, Nubia, coming at cha with an announcement about tomorrow's official server event. We talked about it at our Town Hall last Saturday but we are introducing a new event. The Official DEATH BATTLE Discord has gotten an exclusive invite to join the Death Battle crew and staff during their company-mandated hour long "STAFF BREAK". STAFF BREAK (SB) will work similar to our other live event, COMMUNITY CLASH (CC), but will act as sort of a Twitch stream/ Let's Watch/ Live Q&A with Death Battle Cast and Crew playing a game, answering questions and shooting the shit, all set exclusively in this discord server. We're kicking off our first STAFF BREAK with a cool opportunity. We're recording a BALLOT BANTER live in this server using matchups submitted by you! Yes, you! person reading this long ass announcement message!!

How will this work? Well in about 3 and a half hours at 9pm DBT (DEATH BATTLE Time aka CST) the other mods and I will be opening up a channel called "Staff Break Ballots" where you can pitch your matchup idea to the DEATH BATTLE TEAM for them to review during our event thats starts tomorrow 5pm DBT. The staff break ballot channel will only be open for 15 hours, from 9pm to 12pm, after which it will be closed down so I can get it all organized. The event will only last an hour and a half and there will be a lot of matchups to go through, so unfortunately we cannot go through them all. In an effort to keep it all fair to everyone we will randomize the order in which we will go through the matchups, so even if you are late you still have a shot to get your matchup talked about.

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW GUIDELINES WRITTEN BELOW FOR POSTING MATCHUPS DURING THIS TIME!!!!

1. ONLY ONE MATCHUP PER PERSON
. There's a lot of us here in this server with a lot of ideas and i understand the excitement but we only have 90 minutes. The channel will be put in slow mode so make sure the one you post is one that you really want. If you change your mind ask a mod in <@&1057771640357920790> to delete your matchup before posting a new one.

2. Thumbnails are required. This is your opportunity to flex them mad matchup making skills. Show us what you're working with. If you need assistance with making a thumbnail feel free to reach out to fellow server members in ⁠thumbnails and someone would be willing to help ya out.

*3. Please keep your matchup description short! * Give a BRIEF description of your match up idea but keep it to at most a paragraph/ <75 words. Like i said above, we only have 90 minutes. This ain't the time to write a novel.

4. Please try not to repeat matchups. We wanna see some uniqueness during this. Repeat Matchups are only gonna be talked about once. Don't waste your opportunity to get an idea out there by posting something already talked about on a ballot banter multiple times, it will still have an opportunity to be talked about but it might get glossed over by crew.

5. Keep this channel clear. This is not for match up discussions, if you wanna do that take it to ⁠General Matchup Discussions . Post your matchup idea and leave.

If you you have any question about anything please don't hesitate to message <@&1057771640357920790> or ping an <@&462516161515618304> and we will answer any concerns.
If anyone on the mod team finds that you don't follow the guidelines posted above, or you misbehave in other places in the server your matchup will be removed from consideration entirely and further mod actions may be taken.
So, if I repost Gilgamesh vs The Emperor for redemption, it's just going to get glossed over....again?

So, if I repost Gilgamesh vs The Emperor for redemption, it's just going to get glossed over....again?
If this actually has been talked about in before

Death Battle crew members have repeated ideas for Community Death Battle / Unscripted Death Battle before.

But if they see the names of "Gilgamesh vs Emperor of Mankind" by one person too many times (like seeing it at ballot banter #19 and seeing it right after 9:00 CST "today") they would call the person a bot/mentally challenged and discard the idea. Some haters against some matchups may not have ideas.

Last edited:

Death Battle crew members have repeated ideas for Community Death Battle / Unscripted Death Battle before.

But if they see the names of "Gilgamesh vs Emperor of Mankind" by one person too many times (like seeing it at ballot banter #19 and seeing it right after 9:00 CST "today") they would call the person a bot/mentally challenged and discard the idea. Some haters against some matchups may not have ideas.

That's a little hurtful but ok.

What the **** is your problem?

#JasonIsOverParty :v :v :v

Nah but if I am serious, Jason's probably being way too harsh with his language. He should probably change his choice of words since it might bother some people. Not me though, I am personally unbothered.

Back