• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So like speaking of buff, sad men: who would Kenshiro fight if he came back?
He should never come back
But if he would, Kakugo from Apocalypse Zero seems nice, I'm too lazy to explain all of it but tl;dr MANLY anime protags from post-apocalyptic settings who were trained with a brutal martial art and they have evil brothers who killed their dads who teached them this art and now they're gonna find them and kick their ass

As much as I love the fact that Raven was done justice this time around analysis wise, we have been too lenient with these sprite fights lately.
THIS
Some sprite fights someone look worse than they did before. Some look unnatural, ugly, weird and like that SO RETRO meme that was trending on Twitter a few months ago.
retro-mario.gif

This episode doesn't sit right with me for the same reasons. I am a bigger fan of Raven, but Jean really should've taken this fight. This episode kinda solidifies that scaling just doesn't matter anymore for capeshit, and that's a dangerous and stupid precedence to set. I could squint my eyes and accept Black Adam vs Apocalypse and Zatanna vs Wanda, but this one is too egregious.

But I mean, **** it, we get Guts so that's cool I guess. They really should've done this fight when Fire Emblem Houses came out though, Dimitri vs Guts was thrown around a lot then.
To be fair Ant Man just won in part because he scaled higher than Atom with Overspace. They aren’t 100% equalizing everything it seems.

THIS
Some sprite fights someone look worse than they did before. Some look unnatural, ugly, weird and like that SO RETRO meme that was trending on Twitter a few months ago.
retro-mario.gif
As much as this thread and the subreddit gives Nemesis shit when it nitpicks the animation he suggestions on how to improve them would provide much needed quality of life changes. Seriously, it’s been 4 seasons and they STILL haven’t nailed down sprite riggings and eliminated the ragdoll jank consistently. Complacency is an insidious killer.

@BlackDarkness679 how about you provide examples instead of just making a general claim then?
How about the pathetic attempts the foster staff mr negative or whatever name they had, used when downgrading the series and be ignorant on things
Also some fatalities are canonical, not all of them. You’d need to prove Cetrion’s fatality is something that canonically happened in the story.
Then by your logic liu kang new fatality of snapping a black hole is not canon cuz it didnt appear in the story.....yeah no, thats a demonstration of her power as thats the purpose of fatalities, show what characters are capable, not being used in story is in the same vein why a character doesnt do dura neg stuff or powers that are gg for opponent or you wanna ignore how some stories try to keep somewhat grounded for story telling even tho these things exist
Ah yes, calling me close minded is surely gonna help you convince me that you’re right and not at all gonna make me take you less seriously.
You siding those who rate them tier 9/8 only doesnt make me take you seriously to begin with, let alone justifying them, you appeal to popular opinion from individuals who dont even know MK as good let alone vs terms, its close minded simply as that
Also if that feat is viable, how about you make a CRT for it and discuss it?
So you can find excuses against them, again not gonna bother, i have done CRT on many things before, i saw how stubborn some are, members and staff alike, why should i waste my time in which i can spend with friends or partner or other hobbies over this to go on for Nth pages cuz they cant let go
And yet Shao Kahn somehow got Blaze’s power despite the fact it was supposed to be Taven in the Midway era, which was never explained unless this is a completely different continuity.
Wow such a terrible explaination and typical excuse with no basis, how about the better fact that retcons exist? Thought about it? No, cuz you are close minded like those who still believe in it

Taven was said to be initially the winner, doesnt mean that shao kahn being the choice afterwards is a different continuity and its stupid

Its so hilarious how you ignore that mk9 whole plot is change from mk1, 2 and 3 stuff so that they dont end up in the armageddon mess again cuz raiden from armaggedon tells his past with visions of what happened in midway

Other fighting games like tekken or street fighter or stories in other media like ben 10 retcon stuff as they go in the story, yet we dont count them as separate continuities

Also from taven win they had no reason to start mk9, with shao kahn it made more sense to start all that
Then by all means, discuss MK’s ratings. Because bitching about the ratings on another thread just makes you look petty as hell.
You act like thats unique to this thread or just me only and i have nothing to discuss when the other side will do the same thing as always on which im tired by this point
You clearly haven’t been on the wiki that long if you think a majority of folks on this site thinks like 2018 wiki, that was a different time back then.
I have been since the days a forum on wiki existed and some staff where still around and some members and just cuz you dont see it, doesnt mean such individuals dont exist, i seen staffs who still are iffy on using statements for a rating or members who thinks use typical outdated arguments of "that is overtime", "x rating with x speed can do the same feat"
So you didn’t bother reading Thor’s page at all? Or Hulk or Sentry or literally anyone comparable to base Thor at his peak. Congratulations you’ve just invalidated your point.
Why should i bother reading their pages since nowhere around i saw or was told here on the thread or even outside the site that they got at such levels, im suppose to be clairvoyant?
right here. And this is without the DC supporters doing a full on refute to his points that they’re not Universal or above btw so this whole “comics get the short end of the stick” argument doesn’t work these days
Good for them then, two or so years ago it wasnt the case with comics and didnt hear any changes on that front

Even so, doesnt change the fact how many other franchises get the short end of the stick because of one or multiple people thinking that whatever rating is suggested by others is not fitting for whatever excuses or personal opinion

I mean, a lot of characters that shouldn’t have come back on death battle and yet they did
How many really?

Carol Marvel, maybe too much Batman, but are there that many bad ones?

But thanks to Reddit I was reminded that technically Seven BR had Homelander, so he is a returner too :V

really feels like they are just giving up on scaling in general with Marvel vs DC and just always making it "stats equal" so they don't have to worry about that
Given both massively large cosmology and shit I can understand why but it does throw shit outta wack in terms of scaling and such and leaves bad predicaments
Like Raven ain't top 15 yet she beat a top tier cosmic abstract

VenomBane, at least RT version, is one of the worst DBs, ShadowMewtwo was also wasted, so I dunno. ExcaRaiden is awkward but not even bad ep. I dont think these are that undeserved. Wondy would be bit more.

Had an outdated s1 episode
A god awful s3 episode that took a shit on him
So nah he definitely earn the right to come back
Maybe at the time but venom easily deserves a Runback given his fight with Bane was Mid
Idk man, it sounds like if an episode is mid a character should get an episode. It almost reminds me of another episode featuring a certain Jackie Chan inspired character fighting a Clint Eastwood inspired character who’s also inspired by the former :3

Completely random: what ability does it count as when you do something so traumatic, it causes a lesser lifeform's brain to evolve to a point where it can comprehend what it's witnessing?

Liked Ravenix well enough, solid 7.5/10. Mostly liked it for the OST, personal favorite track of this season.

As for the verdict, I guess it makes sense if Jean can't bypass Mid-Godly Regen and doesn't have Resistance to Soul hax?

Its absolutely not worse than Jason vs Michael. Hell, not even in BobaPred janky 6 scale either.

Effects were good and ost was good too. Its at the bare minimum the ever so generic 7 most DBs get.
I'd probably rate Jason vs Michael and Boba vs Predator as a 2

Unrelated but I noticed that y'all give 7 out of 10 to mid episodes rather than 5 out of 10s
6s or 4s
Are y'all anime fans by any chance? They rank episodes the same way

Phoenix vs raven was cool with the track, mixing their most loved cartoon show themes and the voice acting, liked the birds fighting at some points too

Altho the info of both in each analysis and conclusion.....yeah its another omniversal and infinity realm shenanigans, not about that life, not my thing

Tho tbf i honestly thought Phoenix would be way too powerful given its status in Marvel, Raven tho i dont doubt she is strong, but is she really that powerful tho?

Also since Dimitri in Death Battle is now public knowledge, I've taken it upon myself to post this in reference:

EDIT: I guess Streamable loops shorter clips. That's gonna get annoying...

For those talking about Kenshiro coming back, my number one pick is Violence Jack for obvious reasons
N O
As a fan of both series, I'm honestly so ******* sick of this MU and how people are trying to say it's good, they literally have nothing in common outside of post-apocalyptic manga protags, Jack is nothing like Ken at all, they have different backstories, differeng abilities, different personalities, different tone in their stories, different everything, really.

Back