• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hell no

After watching Raven vs Phoenix on YouTube, I must say that it's the worst episode of this season.

The sprite puppetry and rigging looks awful, their expressions and mouth movements look disastrous.
The fight is boring and has a boring choreography, and overall this episode felt generic as hell.
The music is boring too.
There is nothing good about this episode, even the research sucks because why do you have a random character like Raven being as fast and as strong as the second-strongest Marvel character? Makes no sense.
Overall it's a 3/10, I hope Guts vs Fire Emblem guy does not disappoint.
Your dreams were hollow Deidalius. It may have been a victory, but it was a pyrrhic one.

I'm going to do my best to ignore that you just used the word 'bogus'
i-understood-that-reference-chris-evans.gif

So does this soft confirm that Kyle beats Simon? If Raven is considered equal in stats to WHR Phoenix then the only two results of Simon vs Kyle are that Kyle stomps Simon or that Simon can solo Marvel.
I'm aware of the possible stomp of one of favorite characters, but doesn't stop me from liking it.

Huh, I just realized they didnt have animated scene for results part. I wonder why it didnt have that, most if not all other eps have WizBS scene at the end.

No. I've been here for three years and I always pop in and out of this server.

And the gif isn't done outta pettiness, rather than a necessity at that moment.
I see, this must have been the first time we crossed paths then. Small world, huh?
Your dreams were hollow Deidalius. It may have been a victory, but it was a pyrrhic one.
Indeed, indeed it was. It's sad to see.

That being said, I had to google what Pyrrhic means. It seems to be an interesting fancy word, I will try to add it to my vocabulary.
Pyrrhic, pyrrhic, pyrrhic...

That being said, I am considering getting a lobotomy to reduce the chances of having prophetic dreams once again since it seems they prophesize tragedies.

I highly doubt that a lobotomy will affect my level of intelligence in a significant way so it would be worth it.

I think the fight animation was fine but honestly I do feel like the scaling is all over the place, it really feels like they are just giving up on scaling in general with Marvel vs DC and just always making it "stats equal" so they don't have to worry about that, people were right when they said it was Scatanna all over again cause it literally was but also just a lesser version. Idk it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason, though I do think the fight animation itself was relatively okay. I'm not mad tho cause it's fictional character vs fictional character, also while I would have KILLED for Clare vs Guts, Dimitri is an alright replacement, plus it means I can get my one friend to watch the next episode since they are a massive FE fan and specifically Dimitri fan.

I think the fight animation was fine but honestly I do feel like the scaling is all over the place, it really feels like they are just giving up on scaling in general with Marvel vs DC and just always making it "stats equal" so they don't have to worry about that, people were right when they said it was Scatanna all over again cause it literally was but also just a lesser version.
I think that's probably why I sorta enjoyed this fight. Scattana was my favorite fights from last year.

Idk it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason, though I do think the fight animation itself was relatively okay. I'm not mad tho cause it's fictional character vs fictional character, also while I would have KILLED for Clare vs Guts, Dimitri is an alright replacement, plus it means I can get my one friend to watch the next episode since they are a massive FE fan and specifically Dimitri fan.
Honestly, I'm just happy to Guts again

Welp... that's back to back DB episodes where the widely predicted winner actually lost (first Vader and now Jean), so it's probably a good idea not to make anymore definitive predictions with Guts Vs Dimitri no? Any who I've got mixed feelings with the Jean Vs Rachel battle (ironic considering the name of Jean's daughter) on one hand I loved the nostalgia bomb ost, the voice acting is good plus I appreciate that little jab at the capeshit status quo with Jean actually dying again in the comics before the episode even came out, that said it did indeed feel like Wanda Vs Zatanna 2.0 on top of being another mandated Marvel Vs DC MU (iirc the W/L ratio is even now) plus the animation could've been better with the rigging (then again it's a nightmare to animate characters that can essentially do anything, often it's the characters with a limited arsenal that have more creative and immersive fights imo). Overall a 7/10 episode.

Also as soon as DB gave Raven both the Unkindness and scaling to (Unbound) Spectre I knew the Phoenix was going to get cooked yet again more proof Marvel street tiers > DC street tiers and Marvel herald tiers (or higher) < DC herald tiers (or higher), with a few outliers that are more in favour of Marvel than DC (Iron-Man, Doctor Doom, Ghost Rider, etc). We've sure come a very long way from Rogue beating Wonder Woman.

As for next time, I'm not going to make any predictions but I'm really curious to see how DB will interpret the lore, equipment, stats, etc of a SRPG like Fire Emblem, I will say Guts and by extension Berserk is more or less in a stable position in terms of scaling.

I'm just glad Guts is getting a much deserved return with updated research plus hopefully a better showing of his cursed armour and if he manages to get the W again, at least it'll be a well earned victory this time around.

Last edited:
I think the fight animation was fine but honestly I do feel like the scaling is all over the place, it really feels like they are just giving up on scaling in general with Marvel vs DC and just always making it "stats equal" so they don't have to worry about that, people were right when they said it was Scatanna all over again cause it literally was but also just a lesser version. Idk it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason, though I do think the fight animation itself was relatively okay. I'm not mad tho cause it's fictional character vs fictional character, also while I would have KILLED for Clare vs Guts, Dimitri is an alright replacement, plus it means I can get my one friend to watch the next episode since they are a massive FE fan and specifically Dimitri fan.
This episode doesn't sit right with me for the same reasons. I am a bigger fan of Raven, but Jean really should've taken this fight. This episode kinda solidifies that scaling just doesn't matter anymore for capeshit, and that's a dangerous and stupid precedence to set. I could squint my eyes and accept Black Adam vs Apocalypse and Zatanna vs Wanda, but this one is too egregious.

But I mean, **** it, we get Guts so that's cool I guess. They really should've done this fight when Fire Emblem Houses came out though, Dimitri vs Guts was thrown around a lot then.

This episode doesn't sit right with me for the same reasons. I am a bigger fan of Raven, but Jean really should've taken this fight. This episode kinda solidifies that scaling just doesn't matter anymore for capeshit, and that's a dangerous and stupid precedence to set. I could squint my eyes and accept Black Adam vs Apocalypse and Zatanna vs Wanda, but this one is too egregious.

But I mean, **** it, we get Guts so that's cool I guess. They really should've done this fight when Fire Emblem Houses came out though, Dimitri vs Guts was thrown around a lot then.
When all the heroes and villains are 1-A or higher then no-one will be (insert villainous laughter here).

The biggest casualty of Raven VS Phoenix is that I am left with negligible confidence that Billcord will be peak fiction. This is the FIFTH goddamn matchup where we have characters who can do basically ******* anything and they just give up and decide to make a flying brick with lasers fight.

Strange VS Fate, Raven VS Twilight, Thanos VS Darksied, Zatanna VS Wanda (although this one isn’t too egregious), and now this.

Are the animators allergic to creative applications of the mile-long list of powers they have? Or are the producers that stingy with giving money?

I
The biggest casualty of Raven VS Phoenix is that I am left with negligible confidence that Billcord will be peak fiction. This is the FIFTH goddamn matchup where we have characters who can do basically ******* anything and they just give up and decide to make a flying brick with lasers fight.

Strange VS Fate, Raven VS Twilight, Thanos VS Darksied, Zatanna VS Wanda (although this one isn’t too egregious), and now this.

Are the animators allergic to creative applications of the mile-long list of powers they have? Or are the producers that stingy with giving money?
It's over, it never even begun.

That being said, there might be a glimpse of hope. Bill vs Discord was very requested so they might put more love into that matchup since it's not a generic marvel vs dc episode or a generic filler episode, it's something special.

Back