• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Verses that have genuinely tried to get tier 1 over the last 5 months:

• Persona (succeeded)
  • Archie Sonic (succeeded)
  • Kirby (failed, might try again)
  • DB Xenoverse (failed)
  • Bayonetta (failed)
  • Earthbound/Mother (succeded)
  • Mario (looks like its gonna fail)
  • And probably a lot more that I'm forgetting
To be honest, Archie Sonic getting Tier 1 with pretty "weak" evidence is definitely a sign of the wiki relying on belief rather than evaluating things.

Like I agree with tier 1 Sonic, the problem is that you could basically nitpick half of the stuff said there the same way as everything else was. Like just saying "higher plane" means an astral plane, and then saying that the people in the Chaos Force only view 3D beings as insignificant and their only 4D and what not. But it happened, I mean it's archie so why not? I don't even think there's mods for sonic anymore lol.

So when DB does it, you know they're gonna say no. DB single handedly caused timeless void feats to be removed, and straight up causes so many discussion rules to be made. So there's clearly a stigma that "oh they're tryna wank db close the thread". And this applies to a lot of the stuff listed.

Minecraft especially, I can't help but feel like it was nitpicked to death because of Minecraft's reputation as being "cringe" online, instead of just looking at the lore of the game.

Hell, even Mother actually failed at getting the tier they wanted. Ness was supposed to be Low 1-C due to receiving a portion of energy from the player, but then the mods started nitpicking and said "well he took a lower dimensional slice of power from the player so he doesn't downscale".

I think the mods just accept things they want to accept. Whether they subconsciously realize it or not.

why this threads get derailed so much
To be honest, Archie Sonic getting Tier 1 with pretty "weak" evidence is definitely a sign of the wiki relying on belief rather than evaluating things.

Like I agree with tier 1 Sonic, the problem is that you could basically nitpick half of the stuff said there the same way as everything else was. Like just saying "higher plane" means an astral plane, and then saying that the people in the Chaos Force only view 3D beings as insignificant and their only 4D and what not. But it happened, I mean it's archie so why not? I don't even think there's mods for sonic anymore lol.

So when DB does it, you know they're gonna say no. DB single handedly caused timeless void feats to be removed, and straight up causes so many discussion rules to be made. So there's clearly a stigma that "oh they're tryna wank db close the thread". And this applies to a lot of the stuff listed.

Minecraft especially, I can't help but feel like it was nitpicked to death because of Minecraft's reputation as being "cringe" online, instead of just looking at the lore of the game.

Hell, even Mother actually failed at getting the tier they wanted. Ness was supposed to be Low 1-C due to receiving a portion of energy from the player, but then the mods started nitpicking and said "well he took a lower dimensional slice of power from the player so he doesn't downscale".

I think the mods just accept things they want to accept. Whether they subconsciously realize it or not.
agree but sonic wasnt going to be High 1-B?

the guy was trying to prove than sonic has infinite dimensions and of course the wiki in his infinite wisdom sayed "nop sonic cant be high 1-B shut up" then they ignored his argument straw man him to death and putted in fun and games.... yep this wiki is beatifull

Renember when in FF the protagonist tried to become gansters killing everything of authority replacing them then forcing the people to pay them or they kill them then change sides of the wiki till the money payed is to high so they destroy everyone or when the protagonist "loved to much animal" if you know what i am refering to yeah

And @liluzivert nah, Tier 1 chaos force is solid i think
Yeah, WE think so, but seeing as how the other mods view tier 1, I doubt it will stay for very long. Efi is basically bound to make a downgrade thread on the Chaos Force at some point, and since vsbw is mostly an echo chamber, this seems like a rip for Sonic.

Joker might have an attempt at a downgrade, but his tier 1 stuff seems very direct so I doubt anything will change there.

Eficiente's track record with downgrading things he doesn't agree with isn't very high as his points are generally easily debunkable, I don't think you have to worry about that
Oh yeah for sure. But you gotta realize too.

- It's sonic

- "hurr tier 1 is wank, (insert nonsensical comment here)"

- Chaos force is just an astral plane, and don't bring up whataboutisms. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

- I agree with "x", lets close the thread

Also, efi did say that he knows multiple staff who disagree with it. I wish the best of luck to yall

Oh yeah for sure. But you gotta realize too.

- It's sonic

- "hurr tier 1 is wank, (insert nonsensical comment here)"

- Chaos force is just an astral plane, and don't bring up whataboutisms. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

- I agree with "x", lets close the thread

Also, efi did say that he knows multiple staff who disagree with it. I wish the best of luck to yall
i agree spiritually with everything you say and i couldnt say it better

I wonder how the Staff feel when we doompost about them in public like this, it’s not like they can’t see this thread lol
They can see us, but I'm pretty sure most of them just don't care.
Did you mean: Pretty much everyone?

TBH the wiki seems far more permissive with games getting upgraded to oblivion than Death battle.
Meanwhile, Death battle seems far more permissive with comics instead. Who are treated with extreme scrutiny here.
Upgrading ******* Princess Peach to Low 2-C was infinitely easier than upgrading comic book Heralds, yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back