• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Hypothesis: Cole MacGrath VS Alex Mercer

Absolutely! That also reminds me, I haven't seen Energy Manipulation on Alex's Profile. Shouldn't he have that because he ate Greene?

Might be just gameplay mechanics considering it was never referenced in game or in the story. Much like the orbs that Alex pick up

Fair. But yeah to make it visible like that is gameplay mechanics, though that's easily applyable. The green orbs is just a nono.

Pretty much the non canon DLC powers all over again.

I read a Cole vs Alex Death Battle on the fanon wiki (eww I know), and it's just as inaccurate as regular Death Battle.

The part that really made me mad is how he tries to disprove Cole's lightning dodging with both player determinate actions and gameplay mechanics. By the former I mean aim dodging, despite the fact that that it completely dependent on the player, and if they are quick enough they can dodge it after it's already been fired. He also tries to say its not actually lightning speed because it's not instantaneous.

And even still, he tries to say Cole's not even Supersonic despite him dodging bullets countless times both in and out of gameplay. One of his earliest feats is dodging a literal wall of machine gun fire without a single bullet so much as scratching his clothes. Cole himself even acknowledges that he moved faster than he knew he could. And then finishes by saying his best speed is 28 m/s.

He also treated the nuke as a legitimate durability/ap feat for Alex, but the speed part was what really ticked me off.

I feel like the actual Death Battle can't get away with that considering what they did with Link's speed in Ganon vs Dracula.

https://youtu.be/-IafWtxX5GQ?t=386

So they really have no choice unless they want to be blatantly inconsistent. (Other than the fact they used the correct value for violent fragmentation in Dragonzord vs Mecha Godzilla, and then mixed it up with pulverization in Ganon vs Dracula somehow)

Hardly any characters best speed feats translate travel speed.

Link doesn't travel at 11% the speed of light, but he can move, fight, and react at those speeds. And Jojo is 300x faster than light, but they still need cars and planes to travel around.

I could understand if he was only regarding his travel speed, which is pretty much irrelevent in fights anyway, but he's saying his best speed feat is Olympic level or something stupid like that.

He didn't even mention Alex's speed at all, he just focused on trying to disprove Cole's speed.

Don't bother checking that out. Ain't worth it. Even without Cole's actual speed here, Cole still has numerous ways to tag Alex. Also that's probably old.

Unless Screwattack screw up massively or they start to be biased in favour of Alex, it don't see Cole losing this fight.

He is overall much stronger, much faster, much tougher, far greater destructive power and has more powerful abilities.

Alex may had better experience, skills and hax that could potentially oneshot Cole, but they aren't simply enough.

Personally i would rather see Alex Mercer vs Aya Brea (Parasite Eve), as it would be much more interesting, still Cole vs Alex could be a cool match to see.

There's the possibility they won't say Mercer has vaporization regen, as it's easy to miss and we only added it just recently. And they'll likely use his inability to heal during the final battle of Prototype 2 has a source for him needing biomass to compensate for injuries.

Looking over aya breas profile...Her best bet of winning is possession (is it possession it says she can jump into others bodies but I'm not sure how that works or what it means. If its traditional possession it should work but if she literally jumps into another body alex just consumes ) or time travel , many of her abilities are based of manipulating bone cells, mitochondria and body fat... which is liable to fail on mercer.

While contrarily her own body only defends itself on a cellular level using things like mitochondria to heal (also its use of toxin makes me curious, does that mean she resist toxic substances?) She has better ap but the rest of her abilities don't seem that impressive (outside time travel i suppose but id like to know how that works)

edit on the death battle front Im really not sure how high they'll rate her either...

It's not just easy to miss. You can strongly contend its legitimacy. Other forums probably don't or do have this feat for Alex.

I don't think possesson would work well for Aya though

Glares

Yeah from her power set Im getting the sense its more in the vain of physically entering someones body...Which....Just not gonna end well for her overall. Which leaves us with her time travel i suppose.

I seriously want to know what her profile means by toxins though? Like does it mean toxic substances or is it trying to use the alt medicines incredibly stupid definition of "toxins"

You already know my thoughts on that screenshot feat. Sides, this is me just saying other forums don't use it. Not trying to force an upgrade or downgrade. Stating a fact

I don't know her well so just basing off what I say on what you say

Glare lessens in intensity :p

alright after hunting around a bit more I found it, she can send her consciousness back in time to posses people and in doing so force them to kill themselves. A plan I don't see being succesful against mercer (I don't think she's ever used in a combat situation either but the whole story line is pretty weird so maybe I missed it. It should also be noted a strong will can resist this possession and Alex meets that criteria handily...), the rest of her abilities all rely on aya's opponents having normal cellular structures like mitochondria bone or fat so many of her capabilities are neutered against mercer.

Even further her dura is only building level naturally, it can be boosted with barriers and defensive buffs to an unknown extent but it's unlikely it reaches anywhere close to mercers own. So mercer has the capacity to oneshot.

The pen or the sword said:
She has better ap
I'm looking at Aya Brea's profile, and her 7-B is basically just affecting a number of people in a city, which is a flawed justification of AP from what I can see. That's more or less just the range of her abilities, not actually the destructive potency of it. That's basically similar to the reason why Alucard (Hellsing) used to have 7-B in the past (7-B via having shadows engulfing an area at a city-level range), and his 7-B got debunked and removed from his profile. Unless I'm mistaken, Aya Brea shouldn't even have 7-B AP in her profile based on such flimsy justifications, and I haven't even found any other valid reasons that gives Aya 7-B AP.

Schnee One said:
Oh good Im not the only one who noticed that

CRT that shit
With my upcoming assignments due this week, I doubt I would even have the time to make a CRT for that.

I'll either leave that to someone else to make a CRT for that or probably do it when I'm not so busy.

True but this would be a big hit for ara she's getting knocked down to 8-b... Ill give it a shot I suppose Let me read over her profile a few times see if theres any other inconsitinces that should be hammered out. Edit let me know if anyone notices anything else that should be added.

Question what do we rate rocket launchers at ap wise? Or railguns?
Real Life Rocket Launchers are 9-A at best, and even then it depends on the Rocket Launchers.

I'm not sure about the handheld railguns though, since I'm not sure if they're here in VSBattles as I can't seem to find it.

Question what do we rate rocket launchers at ap wise? Or railguns?
Usually rocket launchers are Wall level, assuming they have been show to only be that strong.

Dummo about railguns.

Well theres no calc for the destructive potential of the rocket launcher or any of her heavy weapons. No feats, nothing I could find in relation to why her weapons are that potent. They are just rated at 8b for...Some reason...

RPG rocket payloads usually vary between 0.21 to 2 kgs of explosives (Wall level), while the most powerful missile variants are around 0.02 tons of tnt (Small Building level).

They are pretty much on par with tank shells if I'm not mistaken, and besides being used to reinforce the fact that a character is blatantly superhumanly durable, they are not a very impressive feat by themselves.

I may be wrong but I don't think those verse pages have been touched much. If such a blatant mistake is on the profile, perhaps a more through revision should ve done in the future.

Ive got a basic outline written out for the moment but honestly the profiles on the whole need some serious work, None of aya's abilities are seperated into key's despite loosing several of her powers after the first parasite eve game and only having the time travel ability after she is shot to death and her soul shatters. Original eve has ressurection that works via reincarnation but its not combat applicable due to it requiring her to actually grow up all over again.

Back