• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Hypothesis: Cole MacGrath VS Alex Mercer

Cole uses RSB not black holes.

I can see Alex pulling an Incon provided Speed is Equal tbh.

So you dislike how mid high is treated? Its not related to teir so im not sure why you mentioned that...

Short of beast cole it was incon, only technically won by alex due to outliving (Though his resistance to alex disease hax seems suspicous) pretty sure beast cole stomps as he outranges and opens with a black hole. (And of course cole blitz speed equal was used for a reason.)

The real cal howard said:
High 6-C nuke > 7-C Mid-High regen. Cole also blitzed. He wins handily against Alex.
I'm sure this is the exact reasoning that Death Battle is going to use...

I really hope Alex doesn't win because I hate the snobby fans who think his victory is assured simply because of his regen. It's Deadpool and Dante all over again.

Same reason I want Mob to lose this upcoming DB since I wasn't aware Mob Psycho fans were so snobby and smug regarding "no limits psychic Saitama"

Like i said depends on how they interpret certain things, would they say cole resist infection? how much emphasis will they place on game-play? how severely will they take alex weakness to electricity? What calcs will they end up using? what will they deem an outlier? ect

I have to agree, im pretty sure they will have cole win...

Foxthefox1000 said:
I really hope Alex doesn't win because I hate the snobby fans who think his victory is assured simply because of his regen. It's Deadpool and Dante all over again.
Same reason I want Mob to lose this upcoming DB since I wasn't aware Mob Psycho fans were so snobby and smug regarding "no limits psychic Saitama"
90% of people who support a character who is extremely popular in VS debating are smug and arrogant regarding said character, if I'm being perfectly honest. You can read plenty of HST, Dragon Ball, Marvel, DC, Spawn, Hellsing!Alucard, et cetera discussions both on and off this site and see that for yourself.

You'll be much more at peace if you learn to ignore this whenever you see it.

Eh, but due to regen or shit like "no limits" just irks me. Probably because of previous verdicts DB had giving me PTSD from those arguments legitimately working.

I mean, they had Wario and Dedede closer than this wiki has Alex and Cole at and yet the character with the more broken regen and better mind hax didn't win there.

So if Cole is deemed massively superior to Alex's durability and AP, he's likely gonna win.

They also gave the victory to the clearly inferior character in both power and hax, what do you mean?

DB will do whatever they want. They don't follow a pattern.

Eh, depends on the researchers. Only Strunton so far has pulled a massive upset. Liam kinda did with Hal winning but this was before y'all upgraded Ben and they had a practically semi-composite Hal anyways. Beyond this they've been doing fairly alright save for the Dragonzord, but tbf they deemed the one feat an outlier after the one eclipse feat was done via an artifact and that was their justification there.

Foxthefox1000 said:

This is the first time I heard of this @ Mob fans (I understand perfectly what you mean by Alex fans) but is that more in this forum or outside? Sorry to hear about that either way.

Also that DB is really gonna be a toss up but considering DB's rep, well dont' expect much off of them in terms of accuracy. Just aim for entertainment value

Also realization

Hey if Alex tries to outlast Cole, Cole can just develop his powers even faster than Kessler, gain time travel, go back in time and kill Alex before he became a virus.

Considering Conduit powers unlock over time, that's a major oof.

Double oof when Kessler was being hunted down the entire time by the Beast and still found time for power ups without using Ray Spheres and such.

(We actually talked about that in the thread and it seemed to speculative overall to use it as valid reasoning) Wait question ciruno why does cole resist alex infection hax? i looked over his profile and i couldn't figure it out the disease he resisted (raysphere plague) wasn't near as potent as alex virus and sashas tar took way longer then blacklight to have any effect.

This is as speculative as Alex's other abilities to me ngl. Not gonna argue that but let others get their chance of speculative abilities if we're allowing him so.

Considering the Blacklight virus isn't as infectious to the modern world more than a regular zombie virus that mutates a lot of stuff.... and well conduit BS. Conduits are more elements than human anyway. Also Sasha's tar is very potent. Sure it doesn't turn people into zombies (I mean come on regular people can resist and survive for awhile in Prototype 1. If it was as airborne deadly as it was the whole city and the nearby cities would be infected, don't show me only the high ends), but they still get instantly depowered and weakened and mind controlled and whatnot. Heck she somehow amps up normal humans to thugs with conduit powers so there's that too.

There's different type of potencies out there, just not all equal.

Also Ray Sphere Plague killed the entire world.

No the ray sphere plague was cured in the main timeline, while i don't doubt it could destroy the world/did in the dark timeline (Though wasn't that explicitly from cole spreading it?) Im not sure thats much of a feat for its potency. (we judge biohax/disease hax more on the level they effect and how potent they've shown to be rather then plaine aoe iirc)

a regular zombie virus doesn't create a hive mind with a bunch of infected that can throw tanks turn birds into massive car destroying monster. People could "survive" blacklight infection but only when the virus rested inactive in there system no ones survived direct exposure to mercers gassing.

It also ignores the statements in game about how the virus would rest inactive in peoples system to spread, hell its what it did in hope waiting for its chance to activate to spread. So...Yeah not sure its really an anti feat for it just part of the whole virus spreading intelligently thing. Its also not just airborne, in fact from what i know blacklight rarely goes airborne, redlight also couldn't spread across water...

Yeah its a lot worse then the average zombie virus, it can be lead by an intelligent mind, told when to activate/infect and again tank destroying monster :p

Second age conduits and the beast are mostly energy/element thing but most first age conduits were far more solid, less elemental in nature. Conduits very definitively changed between infamous and second sun. beast and beast cole definitely are more element/energy then anything but cole himself is still far more human then lightning.

Sashas tar didn't turn people into puddles of biomass and work on the molecular level, so... The raysphere plague similarly didn't have feats like that and was even cured, where even with sixty years studying it gentek and the american goverment still didn't even understand blacklight/redlight.

Heck there attempt to make an aerosol to damage it failed as blacklight and redlight adapted. There cure was so worthless alex infected it. The closest they ever got was the supreme hunter and even that was just another viral monstrosity rather then any form of cure.

For the moment i starting to doubt cole could honestly resist alex infection....

My general confusion and trying to figure out why in the good timeline cdc cured and the bad one they couldnt, I assumed cole influenced the spread of it somehow in part due to eugenes comment ( and spread the Ray Field Plague (even to Conduits IIRC)) my apologies

No, I'm talking about the development of powers and speculative capabities. Not the Ray Spehre on this topic.

Given time. On one hand they turn into giant monsters or super human beings. On the other, everyone else dies and you become either giant monsters or superhuman beings. Quite similar. They're also spread out by powerful beings that can end the world if they feel like it. So yeah, they both have the effect of being that dangerous and having the same flow chart of powers

Honestly it's been awhile since I responded to this and focused on a big project that I can't help but push away everything related here. Anyway that's another point for lethality for Ray Sphere Plague. It infects anyone through radiation and was spreading fast through the country.

Yeah. But no human should be actively releasing electricity whenever they're soaked with water and be containing lightning inside them in the first place. They're definitely not just partly lightning.

No need for molecular level. By the way the Plague for the infected in Prototype doesn't instantly allow everyone to immediately evolve. Otherwise we'd have Super Hunter zombies everywhere. It's better to compare Cole's feats to the Beast's conversion. Sasha's comparison isn't the best anyway

The cure being worthless is questionable. He had to infect it in the first place and was pissed due to the time frame. I talked to you about this before.

Well regardless of that, it's kinda saddening when Cole rips Alex to shreds repeatedly before he gets the chance to infect. Or also the time travel to be learned feat being closer.

TLDR

Potency is really up to the person.

They both kill everyone else and make giant mutants who are powerful and have powerful mutants spreading them (Beast and Greene)

One of them kills throughout the world and no one can stop it even if the conduits just sat down on one corner.

The other one was confined on one city but can spread speedily, although a bit more catastrophically.

Both makes it a living hell for whoever gets caught in it.

They're both lethal in their own way.

The big reason why Ray Field Plague would be more lethal to Cole is becuase it immediately infects with no trace, while the infection of Blacklight can be physically avoided. Chances are if Cole and Alex aren't immune to their own diseases Cole would've suffered faster.

Ciruno Fortes said:
No need for molecular level. By the way the Plague for the infected in Prototype doesn't instantly allow everyone to immediately evolve. Otherwise we'd have Super Hunter zombies everywhere. It's better to compare Cole's feats to the Beast's conversion. Sasha's comparison isn't the best anyway
We literally see a scene in Prototype 2 where a bunch of Blackwatch soldiers gets immediately turned into Evolved by the Blacklight-infected gasses. There are also gameplay showcases where the civilians exposed to the gasses immediately gets turned into infected. I don't think Blacklight not immediately converting its targets like in Prototype 1 (where the viruses usually waits around in its victims' bodies at the right moment to strike) is no longer the same with Prototype 2 around.

I was thinking more the natural way to infect others.

That's more the Ray Blast of the Beast kind of method. The more "offensive approach", then again thinking back either way it's molecular level infection. Just slow paced.

Oh actually forgot or rather couldn't find that. More from Prototype 2? Barely got to play that.

Back