• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Hypothesis: Cole MacGrath VS Alex Mercer

Just found em yeah, huh. In that case it seems Prototype has advantage in infection rate while Infamous has range and unstoppability.

Ok first things first I know you said long post suck so I apologize ahead of time!

Um Im not focusing on the speculative growth of there powers my main focus has been on whether cole actually has the feats to resist blacklight. sorry for the confusion!

Releasing lightning isn't a feat for disease resist, (Honestly Id love to know the exact mechanics of how the hell first and second age conduits function. the first seem to keep there powers/elements mostly internal releasing them as needed/under specific circumstances while second age seem to have become elementals and Id love to know more about how/why. Also want to know if cole could like...shower? I don't remember him doing it in the first infamous some Im a bit curios.)

i never claimed blacklights evolution was instantaneous, its infection and break down of the body is far quicker then sasha's tar or the rayshepere have shown and there is a statement about black light working on the molecular level all these things put its potency above those two. (hax like this are judged by the level they effect when it comes to resistance. only mind and soul hax are judged by range/number effected iirc)

Cole is immune to his own virus due to a gene, how long he last with blacklight seems liable to depend on how cole gets exposed to blacklight and if it wants to rest in his system to activate later.

Neither shashas tar or the rayshphere plague has feats of infecting/fully converting someone with the speed and level blacklight does. So I have some serious doubt cole survives alex gas attack in a speed equal scenario of course. Also as for range alex planned to give humanity one mind, wiping out humanity he was stopped before he had the chance but its disengeous to say the sphere plauge has higher range when both had similar end goals.

Unequal cole blast him before he blinks and eventually is liable to develop some power to yeet mercer. (Although Ive been thinking about it would time travel work? Are they in alex's world or coles? I thought sba assumed a nuetral world, Cause cole can only travel back in time iirc and not cross dimensions so...He couldn't ever find alex before he appeared for there fight.)

It's cool, hopefully I can summarize my responses too.

Fair nuff, ty for clarifying.

Easy. He electrocutes the shower. Or he doesn't shower. It's more like how are you going to infect something made entirely out of energy or is mostly a corpse. I go back to my statement of it's a bad idea giving Cole Alex's powers since the last Alex wants is another person like him. Cough Heller cough.

My point was their similarities, not in speed. If anything I pointed out how slower Ray Sphere infection can be. Not sure what you mean by rest. I'm keeping this short.

Key word IF he gets exposed. But yeah maybe. Who knows. I really wish I can ask SP.

Again. Not my point. Lethality isn't always about infection speed. Blacklight is another thing entirely anyway compared to the usual infectious disease the Conduits can resist. My argument moved away from Cole resisting specific diseases like Blacklight.

Yup. If Kessler can track him somehow I don't think Cole can't figure out where Alex is gonna be. Or heck the worst thing he can do is to strengthen himself even further given time, and it becomes an infinite loop of him becoming stronger till he reaches Beast level by just training.

alright ill keep this one brief

Heller only became what he was because alex tried to evolve him rather then infect him the traditional/gas way, he mutated into another runner rather then becoming one of mercers evolved. So unless mercer wants to convert cole into another evolved (and has some plot armor) i don't see how he comes away from blacklight infection with mercers powers.

Cole isn't just a corpse (if he was we'd have to mention blacklights pension for infecting dead/nonliving things) or pure energy though, he may resist infection and bio manip to an extent but he's not like second son conduits who burst ash/elements. So I fail to see how that defends him from blacklight/redlight. (Cole may reek if he cant shower or would just smell like ionized oxygen/gasses? Real questions right here)

Fair they do have some similarities was just pointing out in vs battle why I have my doubts about cole resisting. In a speed equal fight with mercer he seems liable to be exposed. Who's Sp?

Kessler went back in time in his own universe, afaik cole and mercer were dragged to a neutral world unless specified otherwise, a world where neither of them existed until they were brought there to fight.

if they aren't in alex universe/timeline cole cant ever find a human mercer, he'll just rewind in the neutral world and alex will appear at the same time to fight cole. Though that could lock mercer in a permanent time loop of coles showing up as the older ones die... I have some doubt cole can naturally over time reach the power of the beast, but It might not be impossible.

That's even longer mate.

@XSoul

It's the same way as the argument of Cole vs Alex when Cole was a lower tier. He only gets ****** if he gets touched.

@Pen

Idk. Prototype 2 Alex seems like the perfect guy to do that meanwhile Prototype 1 Alex would not want to do that ever (infect or evolve). If it's P2 Alex it's a toss up but that's fair.

(Probably smells like lightning) Yeah, depends on context since technically Ray Sphere drains neuroelectricity and puts it in one person or a few others.

Nope. Even back then when their speed was equal I can debate people down to Cole's win. If Alex gases him, either omnidirectional shockwaves, shockwaves, or tornado. Cole has a brain so he'll definitely think the gas is bad. SP = Sucker Punch.

To me time travel is time travel. It doesn't matter if it's a neutral verse. It's how his power works.

You seem to assume Kessler/Cole would time travel to the exact start of the battle instead of the very very beginning. Even then 2 Coles vs Alex is gonna spell doom faster than 1 Cole. Think of them overcharging each other and accelerating their growth. Then it becomes 3, 4, 5....

Time travel is time travel dude. You can't ban abilities in a Standard battle. If you think about it Kessler's timeline is also a neutral verse in the first place and the new timeline/canon timeline is created by time travel. That's all there is.

Besides, this is more of a scenario anyway, less of a battle

Not really cole gets ****** if he touches any of alex gasses, physical contact with mercer doesn't seem liable to decide anything, (though i guess touching mercer is another way to get infected)

fair between alex p1 and p2 self deciding the liablity of infection, id argue coles starting moves aren't exactly clear, he may think gas is bad but speed equal Im not sure he can react to it in time if he's in range (Though that depends on if we equalize speed up to coles or down to mercers as reaction speed changes to match as well.)

IF they're in a nuetral verse alex never existed in that universe before the fight started, cole can travel back to the darkage but he'll still be in the nuetral world, (Kessler create a new timeline by altering things in the past I don't see how he could reach alex in a timeline totally divorced from both cole and alex worlds. Even if he could therotically recreate the situations that lead to the creation of mercer, it would just leave him with two mercers, the one created in that timeline and the one pulled in from prototype.)

alex mercer never existed until he and cole were brought there, cole can't jump between timelines so i fail to see how he could gain access to alex mercer before he was consumed by the virus.

Yeah sounds about semi right.

Again. Tornado, shockwaves and such. Alongside Cole running away or jumping away. Then again if we want to be clear on starting move, literally any of Cole's powers would zap stun Alex and then you're stuck with a spasming Alex who can't do anything as he's zapped repeatedly.

@ Both last 2 Paragraphs. Oh well if they were dropped into the verse then yeah makes sense. I was going under the assumption both verses are combined for a VS battle usually. Even then that's the issue of Coles stacking up their powers to become even more absurdly power till vaporizing Alex becomes possible. Or you know just prepping in advance a First Sons army to handle Alex before his arrival with the other Cole.

Just to repeat about that point of my second post being longer Also first post was 389 words, my second was 279 so no i shortened it heck this one is only 135 words even shorter! Victory for pen! :p

fair enough Ill agree to disagree for now as it seems like range will play a factor as well if cole is within range of alex gas attack things can go very differently. (also depending on how speed is equalized) speed equal Im not sure cole has much of an agility advantage over mercer, from what I remember alex could run over alot more difficult terrain without the need to slow down. Though coles lightning stunning is a good advantage along with his ap

yeah to be fair I was never overly clear on how we treat things like neutral verses, or speed equal. Its sorta weird to think about. I feel like creating an army of first sons would actually be detrimental to cole especially if alex manages to infect/evolve any of them...

Oh lol even better

Usually, especially with speed equalized. But Cole really has AOE on his belt. And considering speed is equalized and how that's a non-factor and well Cole's lightning speed with lightning tethers... But that's if Alex gets away.

It really is honestly.

On the first place... If you have an army that's prepared to handle Alex, the Future Cole will likely say "Hey, they're just gonna contain Alex while we beat his ass" or something like that. Or heck just have everyone evacuate from the area while he helps fight

pen master of slightly shortening post so he can be technically correct :p

Fair honestly it just seems like an army would only be able to get itself killed against alex gass/attacks as gas mask don't help with blacklight infection. Then again if they play if cole sets them up at high enough range with heavy ordinance he should be able to make use of them...Though that does leave the question when cole timetravels he creates a new timeline so won't he just be leaving an alex behind to wander the world?

I don't see gas escaping a blackhole.....Saying that I have no idea how the blacklholes were portrayed in infamous ie how true to form they were. If they were even remotely accurate it should no sell/atomize mercer and suck in any gas he attempts to release.

Well yeah but Im thinking more in the vain of what he could actually do with it, supposedly all conduits are the result of a genetic mutation, more importantly a single gene (anyone else get the x gene bullshit vibe from that? :p).

Alex has pretty excellent control of his own genetics, what could he accomplish given enough time with a gene that can allow men to shoot lightning, travel along the annals, create black holes? heck what could he accomplish given access to the second age conduits dna?

Lol at shortening. You make me proud son. Jk

Depends. If it's a conduit who needs elements inside to exist, it's gonna be impossible for him to consume them in the first place. Maybe he can find a way but it's unlikely. If it's someone like Cole, their powers are just too incompatible. Maybe others like ice and fire, who knows.

Also yeah on the time travel leaving Alex Mercer alone thing... But then again at the same time, that can also be Cole at the point where he's blowing up moons.

If he can start off with something that's like TK or others he might start to understand it but lots of evolution is needed.

Definitly takes time but given enough he could end up another delsin, while direct absorbtion of something like cole/delsin seems impossible, replicating there powers after getting his hand on other less problematic conduits shouldn't be totally beyond him (As again its a single gene) given enough time it would be very interesting...

It depends on elements especially but with his power? Anything can happen. I remember him being a Star Trek god or something in one fic I read

Oh it's very simple. I can be either in the mood for Alex power creeping and outshining everyone in a verse, but then the next moment can kinda get annoyed by the abundance and sometimes lack of forethought in it. It just becomes generic Alex takes over/becomes absurdly strong with very little challenges, and no one else gets the chance to shine basically.

For those types of fics at least.

Fair I definintly understand that and sorta agree you gotta be in the mood for an alex fic. I feel like a big part of the draw for me is how creativly mercer uses his power in a story and how in character mercer is.

My problem with alex has always been getting his character correct, end of p1 he seems liable to **** off and not accomplish anything, p2 he's a moron.

Lol yup, creativity in general is valued in fic writing

I have strong belief no one likes using P2 Alex lol. Except for that one fic where he literally gets killed by P1 Alex and James Heller is just stunned at what happened. I gott afind that

Back