• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle General Discussion Thread 3

It was a great analysis in all but Ichigo really should've taken it they don't realize that Ichigo when he finally gets his shinigami powers back his base state is as powerful as a mugetsu he doesn't actually have the final getsuga tensho attack anymore because it's not even needed when he goes all out

Oh yeah, Transformers would also get a pass on that. Maybe other 'everything is canon' somewhere series like TMNT too.

WeeklyBattles said:
Its Hyperbole and contradicts the fact that Light Fang is just a form of Storm Release, which uses lightning.
In that case, the guidebook description would contradict source material.

"Storm Release (ÕÁÉÚüü, Ranton, Viz: "Gale Style" or "Storm Style") is a combined nature transformation kekkei genkai made up of techniques that mix lightning and water-based chakra to create energy beams that can be guided towards the enemy."

It's not meant to literally be light, just another transformation of lightning.

The real cal howard said:
Also, guidebooks.

I feel that guidebooks should be generally allowed only if excerpts taken don't contradict source material.

Example:

Daizenshuu

• Goku's Super Kamehameha would shatter the moon
This excerpt can't be used because it contradicts the power scale at the time being about country level.

• Vegeta had enough energy to destroy the planet
This excerpt can be used as it supports the fact that Vegeta wasn't bluffing about blowing up the planet and fits into the power scale at the time.

I've met people that said Vegeta was bluffing about destroying Earth.

However, the guide, Vegeta's claim, and filler bug planet support that he could.

I know that it's filler, but why would the creators have Vegeta blow up one planet in filler and then not be able to for Earth? It at least points in the same direction.

Basically, guides as supplementary to the source material

Another Example:

Cell destroying a solar system

This page gives the reasoning for it based on context clues and deductive reasoning. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ell_has_the_power_to_do_so_from_earlier_sagas

In 2007 Bird Studio/Shueisha, the publisher of the Dragon Ball Manga, released a guide, strangely only in Spanish, giving a form of confirmation.

[1]

This supports the claim made by Cell along with the other media and should be used.

We use guidebooks as source material in multiple verses, is just that most of the time this guidebooks contradict what is shown in the franchise (See Marvel as an example).

^ Sorry, it's just that I've met people who disregard them completely, and I wanted to voice my thought.

That being said Batman beyond has a comic version and animated. What are the feats for the comics version? (Just want to know)

Huesito88 said:
That being said Batman beyond has a comic version and animated. What are the feats for the comics version? (Just want to know)
I honestly don't know. I've never heard of anything major as there are a limited amount of comic appearences for him and most of them seem to take after the show. As the Batman Beyond version of the DC universe was put under 'Possible Future' and even though there are few different versions. There's even one where Terry is learning from Damien, IIRC! Despite that, most of them have the show as canon and simply kind of piggy back off of it.

The only major thing I can recall is Terry fighting Justice Lord Superman but he was in a fully decked out, kryptonite version of his Bat-Suit and still had the Justice League backing him up with the original Supes eventually helping out as well.

So, really, there isn't much the comics actually added to him that he already doesn't show through the original TV run. At the very least the show and the comics demonstrate that Terry is used to fighting people why stronger than him.

The Naruto Guidebooks are more accurate than not, by a long shot. The problem is, A lot of people here and abroad the web just can't differentiate intentional hyperbole from legit descriptions. That's not throwing shade, just the truth.

The Author is the Ultimate Word on the Series, so Light Fang is light speed. It's not a problem to disagree, but you can't just say it's not what the author says. LS lightning attacks aren't rare in fiction either, the entire situation is just a big nitpick if you ask me. I don't care if it's accepted here or not, MHS+ or LS, I'm not losing sleep over it, but these are my feelings on it.

@TheFinalOrder If Kishimoto had a guide book describing in detail that everyone in Naruto are subsonic 9-Bs, would u ignore every feat and all tge power progression because "its what the author said"?

not pointing direclty towards you but its staments like these that spread so much false things, Madara being Nappa Level, guns>ninja ect

RadicalMrR-But he didn't say that they are just subsonic,your example don't really make sense. Light Fang been light speed not contrast any feat in the series since it never been stated or claim by Naruto\etc that they are actually slower

I'm pretty sure everyone should have grasped the concept that even if WoG stated something doesn't mean we take it, especially when it's not shown being so or shown differently.

Anyway, what do you guys think the next Death Battle will be?.

2099 may lack Spider-Sense but he still as strong and as fast as regular Spidey. Not to mention claws and fangs, really enhanced vision, venom and better regen.

Terry's suit gives him more to work with than regular Batman but it's really nothing Spidey can't really deal with.

Edit: Oh yeah, 2099 can glide due to his suit.

I actually liked Naruto vs Ichigo. Of course they took the opposite stance on controversial issues many of us have regarding certain feats, but oddly I enjoyed this one. Now who's joining me in betting on Terry for the next fight?

How do you guys feel that they made Crocodile beat Gaara in OMM, I kinda agree with it since there's nothing he could do to really hurt someone made out of sand

yes i agree with the outcome aswell, and naruto is my fav out of the big three, just incase pepole think im "OPtard", hate that word anyone that sounds similar like Bleachtard and narutotard

I have saw some many peope using tard, that actually helps, because they easily lost their credibility, and then you can easily difference the people that are reasonable from the guys that does not deserves your attention.

Speaking of OMM, are the fights that ended up with character's death is normal occurrence there? Stumbled upon their Luffy vs Naruto and quite enjoyed it! Continued with Edward vs Joseph, Mob vs Tatsumaki and pretty much satisfied. I was like, "Hey, their videos pretty fun! Sure, no research being made but they avoided the scenario where the characters kill each other, might prefer this over Death Battle..."

...until I stumbled their Sasori vs Alice Margatroid. I'm still salty until now, not because Alice's lost(no research, granted!), but the ending man... It's so edgy dark. The idea of Alice becoming Sasori's puppet makes me shudder. Now I'm kinda reluctant to watch rest of their videos, hence my question.

Back