• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monika minor ability additions

Monika (And by extension President of the Literature Club Sayori) should have very limited Madness Manipulation (Type 3) and limited resistance to it. Monika's "Hellish Epiphany", information that exists in her mind and thus would be accessible by mind readers, immediately drove Sayori insane, though the extent of it may have been due to Sayori's poor mental health. Sayori also manages to handle the Epiphany in Act 4 (Better in the good ending than the normal ending), though this is likely due to her remembering all the previous events. Monika herself should resist this since she managed to not go completely insane from the Epiphany (She obviously did not handle it well, but didn't immediately commit suicide, so she handled it better than the average person would)

I wouldn't say the average human couldn't handle what Monika might as well experience, given Sayori already being unsatisfactory before Monika's meddling with the game as you said. With that said I think it should only be a limited resistance to madness as it is something that is directly experienced and not really induced onto others.

Monika not killing herself isn't really a good reason to give her resistance considering Sayori, as you said, suffered from poor mental health and would have been suicidal because of other reasons

And the mention of an average person going through the same process as her with no real differences seems to suit that, with that I disagree with the addition.

Very well. Although while I have your attention here, I've thought of something else in the meanwhile.

Sayori should probably have the potential for Monika's nonexistence stuff. There's virtually no reason her powers should be arbitrarily weaker than Monika's, and it's not as though Monika's greater experience with her powers is what let her do that, she believed that being deleted would kill her.

As such, Monika should be considered to have some addition to her Power Nullification or Nonexistence Erasure for seemingly preventing Sayori from doing anything while erased. Monika's abilities are generally shown to be superior to The Player's, so this isn't unreasonable.

It's also implied that Monika is the one who created The Protagonist that The Player controls, which would give her Creation. Also, it seems unlikely that The Player is an employee working for Metaverse Enterprise Solutions since they didn't even create the player character and they simply refer to whoever's playing the game as "The User". Given Monika is also implied to have created the game's download page.
"I even told you right on the game's download page, didn't I?"
This could imply that Monika is the one who placed DDLC on storefronts to begin with, though also could imply that Monika only created the game's description and some Metaverse Enterprise Solution employees handled it. Though Metaverse Enterprise Solutions' employees should have all of The Player's powers theoretically.

Also, Monika's self-evident nihilism and self-loathing should likely be noted under her weaknesses (The former being her entire motivator and obviously having downsides in a fight, and the latter being the reason she refuses to let herself be restored).

Not to mention Monika's nonexistent self should be a key, since that is her "default" state post-Act 3.

Back