• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another DDLC CRT because I want to (Resistances edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like CRTs involving time hax, huh?

Regardless, I've noticed that Monika and Sayori lack some important resistances, so I wanted to fix that.

Basically, they would get resistances to Time Manipulation (or just Time Stop given that some profiles seem to work like that), Data Manipulation, Reality Warping and Limited Resistance to Type 2 Information and Type 2 Concept. Why? Let's see.

On Monika's profile, it's basically said she's unbound from the game's datas:

Limited Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 1, Aspect Types 2, 3, 4 & 5) and Incorporeality (Appears as corrupted visuals and can still act and use her powers after having her Character File deleted,[1] which means that, other than getting deleted from history, it causes the erasure of the target's concept, information and plot, with files also shaping one's personality,[1] mind[2] and memories,[2] as it was done to other characters and to Monika herself.[4] However it should be noted that while her existence isn't bound to these aspects in the game, she does not start in this state, but with a physical body, as she described being deleted for the first time as painful[1])

And the datas are basically what makes the game on a fundamental level as said in both her profile and this CRT.

So what is my point? Monika should be unaffected from basically other aspects of the game due to her existence being basically unbound from these. This is mostly for her non-NEP form, as most of these are covered from it already.
  • Time and Plot, due to DDLC's datas making up everything in reality, including Time. Monika can freerly act in a place that lacks both time and plot (and Monika herself did reshape the game to get rid of these). We all know that Monika is unbound from the plot, as she's aware of the fictionality of the game and could mess up with the script without any effect on herself (Heck I don't even know from where the "Although she occasionally follows her programming unwillingly, if briefly" even comes from in her profile).
  • Type 2 Corruption and Data Manipulation, as she's unaffected from the game corrupting and crashing due to her programming errors)
  • Limited to Concept Type 2 and Info Type 2, as despite her being erased, she still should be unbound to other forms of manipulation to the game's datas, as shown above.
Aka Monika should have something like this as her justification:
Sayori should also get all of those due to having all of Monika's powers.

Edit: As @James_Plays_4_Games pointed out here, Monika should get a likely resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation, given that as pointed in the Nonexistent Physiology page, files shape also one's personality, mind and memories, aka would be something like this:

Last edited:
(Heck I don't even know from where the "Although she occasionally follows her programming unwillingly, if briefly" even comes from in her profile).
This comes from Monika's blabber about Super Smash Bros., saying that she said it unwillingly because she might be programmed to do so (she doesn't even know what Super Smash Bros. is).

But it got retconned, AKA removed in the later version. So yeah, it should be removed.

Yes, all of this is already implied in her resistance to plot manipulation, and despite this, I came across someone a long while ago who was arguing that it wasn't implied, even though I was explaining it in multiple different ways and guiding the person to where it's implied on Monika's profile. Making the resistances more directly listed would be beneficial. I agree with the revision.

If a president of the Literature Club is unbound by the game's code, then I think that they should also be not susceptible to having their personality be manipulated through the game's code. This could count as additional resistances for you to add to the revision proposal.

If a president of the Literature Club is unbound by the game's code, then I think that they should also be not susceptible to having their personality be manipulated through the game's code. This could count as additional resistances for you to add to the revision proposal.
That's already covered in the NEP though? Idk if adding it but not doing so might imply she's vulnerable to Mind fuckery in the physical state now that I think.

That's already covered in the NEP though? Idk if adding it but not doing so might imply she's vulnerable to Mind fuckery in the physical state now that I think.
If she's not vulnerable to mind hax in her physical state, then it'd be good to make it clear, like what you're already doing with this revision concerning other abilities.

If she's not vulnerable to mind hax in her physical state, then it'd be good to make it clear, like what you're already doing with this revision concerning other abilities.
Actually I don't know if it's the case, as she's definitely bound to her file to some degree as she felt pain while she was deleted, aka I'm not sure if her being immune to Mind hax or similar even in the physical state is a thing or not. I'm neutral here, I'd leave it to staff.

I think a likely/possibly works though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back