• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Already a new CRT for DDLC!? (Minor NEP update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll plan to keep this plain and simple, without too many roundabouts. Looks like I have noticed just now another small thing for this verse while checking NEP stuff in general.

Basically, the characters with NEP (Aka Monika and Sayori) should also get Aspect Type 3 for their NEP. Files in DDLC are implied to include the mind too, as Monika could alter Sayori and Yuri's personality and emotions through her editing, and it's also implied that she's used her data manipulation to make Natsuki forget the events of a day or has straight up brainwashed her with her data hax.

Because of this, it should be reasonable to say that Monika and Sayori's NEP state also lacks a mind due to datas in DDLC also including the parameters of one's mind. It also upgrades the potency of Monika's mind/emphatic hax to the same level of her Data hax, as those clearly overlap with one another.

Last edited:
The characters obviously lacked brains after being deleted by the player, but the characters didn't lack minds in a metaphysical sense. If they didn't have minds like this, then they wouldn't have been able to think in order to use their abilities, have wills and communicate to the player. It's not as though they reacted instinctively, or they were inorganic yet somehow capable of thinking like toys from Toy Story. What you actually observed is that a character becoming the president of the Literature Club makes it so that, along with gaining fourth wall awareness, their minds become unbound by the game. This explains why Monika was still fourth wall aware in a nonexistent state, even though Sayori became the president of the Literature Club and reality was reset for it to be the same but with Monika never having existed. Monika's mind underwent no change between before and after getting deleted by the player; unlike Monika's other aspects, after being deleted, she was outright capable of acting non-physically because of her consciousness, in the same way as she was able to before she got deleted, still being able to access the command-line interface and still being able to produce text boxes for the player to read.

Otherwise, you made a good observation, and I agree with the revision proposal. Please slightly adjust the wording to take what I described into consideration.

To clarify, I meant "unbound by the game" as in "unconcerned with the programming of DDLC and all of its aspects, including whether files exist or not".

Otherwise, you made a good observation, and I agree with the revision proposal. Please slightly adjust the wording to take what I described into consideration.
NEP is actually being capable of operating despite lacking a certain aspect, if you read the summary of the ability, given that at its very core is to be able to paraodixally exist and being capable of acting despite not existing to perform these actions in the 1st place. For example Characters who lack a concept wouldn't even be capable of being thought of, as they can't even be conceptualized anymore, yet they do. There also characters like Arceus or the Voids who also lack minds (due to the former predating minds, and the latter's existence being a mist that lack mind/soul, yet they can perfectly act normally).

Though I think I can explain it like this.

Limited Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 1, Aspect Types 2, 3, 4 & 5) & Incorporeality (Appears as corrupted visuals and can still act and use her powers after having her Character File deleted,[1] which meant that, other than getting deleted from history, it causes the erasure of the target's concept, information and plot, with files also shaping one's personality,[1] mind[2] and memories,[2] as the deletion was done to other characters and to Monika herself.[4] However it should be noted that while her existence isn't bound to these aspects in the game, she does not start in this state, but with a physical body, as she described being deleted for the first time as painful[1])

Last edited:
NEP is actually being capable of operating despite lacking a certain aspect, if you read the summary of the ability, given that at its very core is to be able to paraodixally exist and being capable of acting despite not existing to perform these actions in the 1st place. For example Characters who lack a concept wouldn't even be capable of being thought of, as they can't even be conceptualized anymore, yet they do. There also characters like Arceus or the Voids who also lack minds (due to the former predating minds, and the latter's existence being a mist that lack mind/soul, yet they can perfectly act normally).

Though I think I can explain it like this.

Limited Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 1, Aspect Types 2, 3, 4 & 5) & Incorporeality (Appears as corrupted visuals and can still act & use her powers after having her Character File deleted,[1] which meant that, other than getting deleted from history, it causes the erasure of the target's concept, information and plot, with files also shaping one's personality,[1] mind[2] and memories,[2] as it was done to other characters and to Monika herself.[4] However it should be noted that she does not start in this state, but with a physical body, as she described being deleted for the first time as painful[1])
That should do. 👍

OP seems fine.

Limited Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 1, Aspect Types 2, 3, 4 & 5) & Incorporeality (Appears as corrupted visuals and can still act and use her powers after having her Character File deleted,[1] which meant that, other than getting deleted from history, it causes the erasure of the target's concept, information and plot, with files also shaping one's personality,[1] mind[2] and memories,[2] as the deletion was done to other characters and to Monika herself.[4] However it should be noted that while her existence isn't bound to these aspects in the game, she does not start in this state, but with a physical body, as she described being deleted for the first time as painful[1])
Can I apply this and the OP? It's a minor CRT after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back