• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Matt. Do we have this information about energy beams and lasers written somewhere? Before reading his comments I thought that them being said to be light and bouncing on reflective surfaces was enough to consider them lightspeed.

According to our Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats page, for a beam to be light it has to meet a few or more of the following criteria:

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
It reflects off Cyborg's shield which is non-magical, is called light, is stated to be light by a reliable source (guidebook).

This wiki determines whether it is light via the above criteria. If you disagree you can certainly make a revision that light speed shouldn't be decided by the above criteria, but until you do so, that is our wiki's guidelines.

That's what Spino said, and everyone agreed.

Hellbeast1 said:
Not sure (is it the tectonic feat?)

Also I'd recommend someone making an updated calculation of Zeus a d Themyscira instead using JL footage to measure the size (adding the link later)
Update in what way?

@M3X It would look like it should be lightspeed by that, yes. I also agree that the ranks are inconsistent for the verse but the first thing to do would be making a CRT to try modify that page, as it is our standards aim for anyone to believe this is enough.

I will wait to see if Matt or anyone makes a thread on that, put me as neutral.

For once I am leaning towards disagreeing with Matthew, but it would be good if somebody asks more staff members to help out here.

Eficiente said:
I agree with Matt. Do we have this information about energy beams and lasers written somewhere? Before reading his comments I thought that them being said to be light and bouncing on reflective surfaces was enough to consider them lightspeed.
Thank you.

Eficiente said:
@M3X It would look like it should be lightspeed by that, yes. I also agree that the ranks are inconsistent for the verse but the first thing to do would be making a CRT to try modify that page, as it is our standards aim for anyone to believe this is enough.
I will wait to see if Matt or anyone makes a thread on that, put me as neutral.
Hm

Look, nothing is likely to happen here unless somebody asks several more staff members to help out.

Our current light speed standards are like this, whether you like it or not. Until you make a huge CRT inviting every staff member to comment in order to revise our guidelines for light speed feats, also downgrading hundreds of profiles in the process, our light speed standards are like this and we should apply the revisions.

Well the beam does seem to reflect off of things and is called light. On the other hand, it is a far cry above the other feats in the verse.

As for FTL, that's going to be a no for me. We don't give concrete ratings for being superior to another person who has a cslculated speed unless that superiority is shown in the same scene that is calced.

This would just be an example of using "at least".

In regards to the speed being in the same scene, Supes and Flash are seeing the JL in slow mo/stand still shortly after Cyborg performs his Sub-Rel feat in the same fight. I am fine with the "at least".

Superman will already have "At least" in his profile with his normal speed, after being revived, for being superior to all JL members. FTL is just by him seeing all the members almost frozen

@Assalt to be fair this is a feat that's replicated some three to four times but I see your concerns

I'm also agreeing you on the second point (As awesome as FTL Flash, Supes and Darkseid would be that's not what's up)

• Superman's Africa thing: 1,272,437.43 m/s
  • Satellite rush: 542,360 m/s
  • Gap between their speed ratings and Sub-Rel: 2.35x | 5.52x
Which is why Superman and Flash are currently Sub-Rel iirc.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Update in what way?
Yeah, I found your calc to be pretty off, since it utilized a cone shape and size from the story-book depiction of Themyscira instead of the actual island's triangular/rectangular prism, which we have a full view of in this scene. It's also got to be much larger than 4.6km based on that video, the Amazon city alone is probably at least as big as that, so we should try finding its actual size from the video.

We also see here that Zeus uses a hand light ability when he's creating people, and he uses the same hand light beam here when he's making the island. Since that's matter manipulation based creation, I think the calc should be using reverse vaporization values instead of kinetic energy. I'm not too sure how we do matter creation that's not matter-energy conversion though, do we use something other than vaporization? It'd be nice if it we had a page for all creation calculations.

I'd suggest a KE end as a low end with the Reverse Vaping being a high end but that's just me.

So might I ask if we can add this thread's contents to the pages or not?

I'd suggest comparing the size of the city to the island itself (I think we see a good few shots in WW which we can angsize)

Hellbeast1 said:
Which staff do you recommend contacting btw Ant?
Here are some of the less frequently asked staff members that you can select from to ask to give input when there are not enough knowledgeable members available:

Ryukama

SomebodyData

Darkanine

Reppuzan

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Soldier Blue

Monarch Laciel

Kaltias

Saikou The Lewd King

Kepekley23

Antoniofer

Gemmysaur

PaChi2

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

I don't think Superman is faster than his own heat vision.

But I guess it is okay only for reaction and combat speed,he should be superior to everyone except Flash.

Assaltwaffle said:
Well the beam does seem to reflect off of things and is called light. On the other hand, it is a far cry above the other feats in the verse.

As for FTL, that's going to be a no for me. We don't give concrete ratings for being superior to another person who has a cslculated speed unless that superiority is shown in the same scene that is calced.

This would just be an example of using "at least".
I think that Assaltwaffle seems to mostly make sense.

Have you asked other staff members for input?

The beam is light, and Sub-Relativistic isn't that far away from high-end MHS+.

I am uncertain about FTL, but I don't mind it as well.

I haven't asked for input yet, so I guess I'll do it later.

Yes, that is true. I suppose that an upgrade seems to be in order then.

If the FTL rating for Superman gets refused, he should be Relativistic+ due to being able to blitz the entire Justice League.

At least Relativistic+ (Faster than all members of Justice League. Blitzed Wonder Woma), far higher using his true perception (Can see the entire Justice League almost frozen), Speed of Light Attack Speed with Heat Vision

You can ask some VS Battles Staff members, preferably administrators and discussion moderators, to comment here if you wish.

I was just waiting for your approval. The only thing that needs to be solved is the speed of Superman, the speed of the others can already be applied

Well, as I mentioned, I am fine with this, but since it seems to be a controversial topic, we likely need more staff input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back