• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Well, since all calculations seem to have been approved, we should have the revision thread

Scaling

Wonder Woman: Relativistic combat speed (Could react to the heat Vision a couple of times) with Relativistic+ reactions (React to the heat vision at a point blank range)

I don't get why Cyborg feat is an outlier. According to his profile, he scales from other JL members.

He also has his own feat of reacting to the heat vision

Cyborg: Relativistic combat speed with Relativistic+ reaction speed (Could react to the heat Vision and could keep up with Wonder Woman and Aquaman)

Aquaman: Relativistic combat speed with Relativistic+ reaction speed (Can keep up with Wonder Woman against a casual Superman. Can keep up with Stephenwolf alongside Wonder Woman and Cyborg)

Now I'm gonna explain why Flash and Superman should be FTL.

As you can see in my blog, one of the feats involve Wonder Woman blocking the heat vision by putting her arms in front of her. However, when she tries to do something similar when she's fighting Superman (who was meters away from her, way farther than Doomsday), he manages to reach her before her arms touch one another

So, to summarize: Superman moved a couple of meters while someone with Relativistic+ reactions couldn't perform a basic action of moving just a few centimeters

Wonder Woman is capable of reacting to his heat vision and so is Cyborg, but both of them can do nothing when Superman is moving in his true speed

Superman's case is a bit different. We should separate his regular speed from his true speed, which is the one he uses against the Flash

Superman: At least Relativistic combat speed with Relativistic+ reaction speed (Much stronger than before. Overpowered the entire Justice League. Much faster than Wonder Woman). Possibly FTL with his true speed (Could keep up with Flash. Could see the entire Justice League in slow motion. Can see Stephenwolf in slow motion as well. His heat vision has the speed of light)

Flash: FTL (Should be faster than Superman when he is using his true speed. Could see the entire Justice League in slow motion)

Agree: Spinosaurus75DinosaurFa, Hellbeast1, LordNephalem, I am myself You are you

Neutral: Eficiente

Disagree: Matthew Schroeder, Dante Demon Killah

But Flash is faster. Flash can see Superman in slow motion as well

Still he's shown to be a threat to Flash as exhibited in the Post credits and at Pripyat. He's also only slightly in slow mo compared to the others who are just frozen.

Though I could by a Possibly FTL

The problem is whether we can get HV accepted as SoL. It hit a snag in the last thread for a reason I just cannot be bothered remembering.

Matt thinks it's not light speed because it got reflected by Cyborg (doesn't make sense to me either)

The point is it canonically is light and it's accepted as such on the pages (Light Speed Attack Speed comes from that)

I don't remember how the discussion with Lightspeed Heat Vision went but '''if''' it was accepted and the calcs are approved I think the Relativistic scaling is fine but I'll wait before commenting about the Lightspeed Superman and Flash.

Feel like it should be Sub-Rel/Sub-Rel+ for the high-tiers (the best non-HV supporting feat was when Superman and Zod likely went to geosynchronous orbit in 5 seconds, which should be around 2.4% light speed, which is more in line with your previous and current Cyborg calcs), Relativistic/Relativistic+ for Supes' and Flash, possibly FTL for Flash due to info about time travel.

I mostly don't care that much since speed is almost always equalized here, so it usually feels pretty irrelevant, but that's my honest opinion.

@LordGriffin1000 thread about HV was here and it seems to habe been accepted as lightspeed. So they either scale to it or it needs to be removed from the profile.

I dont understand at all why Superman's HV been considering at Light Speed? just because it do... what? it shine of Cyborg's shieild? this is ridiculous and not enough to be cnsidered as real light speed, evey "light" attack in every manga have such thing.

"describe as light" it also not a proof.. every light attack describe themself as light,so what?

Do not make this thread in a discussion about the speed of HV. Above, me and the guy there sent two links where we had discussions about the speed of HV. If you disagree, make a CRT with arguments

Qawsedf234-That not evidence,every light attack in every medium is said to be beam of light,there is noting new here

Is it? Usually they're just energy beams or called lasers with contradicting showings. Superman's HV is a consistent solid straight beam. Now if people don't want it as lightspeed, then don't have it at lightspeed. But I think it should be removed from the profile if so, because its weird to only partially give it that rating but refuse any scaling attempts.

@M3X

Well lightspeed seems to be accepted so I guess it's fine but you should ask for more staff input here.

What is at issue here is not the speed of the HV, but the thread's proposal. Even so, I'm going to ask some staff members to comment here

Superman's heat vision is said to be light by a reliable source (guidebook), reflects off non-magical surfaces (Cyborg's shield), and goes in a straight line. According to our Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats we just have to meet a few criteria in order for the beam to be considered light speed.

If you disagree, sure, make a CRT that our wiki's guidelines is incorrect and ask calc group members+DontTalkDT to comment. Otherwise, it is light speed.

Seems excessive, just note the statement about his time travel and put possibly for Flash, and possibly for Supes by scaling to Flash.

I'd rather Supes be straight up FTL but that's just me (Is also note Terrio alluded to Flash's lightening bring phase shifts)

Post rez Supes and Flash should be SoL imo too but whatever the majority rules I guess.

For the others, why is it Rel with Rel+ reactions? Shouldn't it be Sub-Rel with Rel reactions or just Rel in general. Diana's Sub Rel was pretty casual while her Rel feat seems to be her upper limit.

Her casual feat is an extreme Low End, this feat can be considered as a Relativistic feat. The HV had already begun to move in the earlier scene of her falling to the ground and protecting Batman.

The third calculated feat was not something she was on her limits, so much that after blocking the heat vision and being thrown away, she smiles

I personally think that this seems fine, although the revived Superman should probably be FTL as others have mentioned.

You should probably ask some other administrators to comment here as well though.

Antvasima said:
I personally think that this seems fine, although the revived Superman should probably be FTL as others have mentioned.
You should probably ask some other administrators to comment here as well though.
I have the same opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back