• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's only rejected because the calc has too many assumptions, but a tectonic plate is Class Z even without Matthew's calculation.

What feat by Doomsday and Zeus?

I think you can use KE to calculate the creation of the Island.

According to your calculatio, the island has a mass of 86.215.912.703.844kg, and according to this, the average depth of the oceans is 3,682.2 meters.

With 3 seconds

KE: 6.49426001E+19 Joules or Island level

There's actually several problems with the calc I brought up.

Mr. Redic said:
Yeah, I'm the one who brought up problems with this calc.
It actually isn't brought up out of the water, it's already formed by the time we see it in the magical picture book. Zeus is also using the same hand beam he used to make people, which should be Matter Manipulation. And the biggest problem is actually the size and shape, since it's using the stylized book depiction with its cone shape and an inaccurate made-up size, instead of using the actual island's triangular prism-esque shape and obviously much larger size, as we see in a clear view of it here in Justice League. The Amazon city alone is probably at least the original calcs purported size, and the actual island looks like it could match Metropolis or Gotham in size, which is pretty appropriate.

The smaller islands surrounding the main island also seem to have been made by Zeus since we see them in the storybook. We see it's where the barrier is formed, and the water looks like it continues to be shallow all the way up to where Steve crashed his plane, which is pretty close to the islands. I think this makes the part of the island under the surface extend even further than the main island, which should also make it much larger.

I understood your point of view about how he created the island, but he can not figure it out the way he did. That's why KE is a safer method.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
According to DontTalkDT to move a tectonic plate only requires City Block level+ energy, which is...underwhelming.
Like Kep said, that's for moving them plates millimeters, not applicable for someone who moves them great distances instantaneously.

Problem is that we don't know how far Supes moved it. Logically it was more than mm but that doesn't really help. Is it possible to use Reeves' Supes feat as an approximation since its a shout out to that?

It did say that it was from an earthquake that would have resulted in a huge number of deaths AFAIK.

Agreed but I don't have many ideas. Matthew theorized the earthquake to be Mag 8, any idea how much a plate must move for that? (If you haven't guessed I have no clue how earthquakes really work)

Edit: If only there was an article instead of just the headline. It would make everything much easier with some details.

Average earthquake is probably around Magnitude 1 or 2 since they're by far the most common, thinking Superman would only help at at least 6 or 7, since that's when they become really dangerous.

To get back on topic, Doomsday's post-nuke nuke heat vision dissipates instantly right by Superman at this moment. Maybe someone can calc it's speed which is likely a significant fraction of the SoL and apply it to M3X's calcs to get something more reasonable?

Also thought there were supposed to be different combat and reaction speeds? Since we see here that Diana is able to react to Flash giving her back her sword but is only able to move her hand a little, it seems wrong to just apply blanket Rel+ speed to everyone.

Well it's kind of hard to tell, but the main island seems circular and around 6-7x wider than the city itself, and the larger island structure underneath the sea that the surrounding smaller islands are also a part of looks at least half-again as wide.

We just really need to find the city's size, which if I had to guess was maybe a few kilometers wide, maybe 3 or 4 at most, but just guessing doesn't seem that great. Maybe you could find something from this statue's size, since we also see statues here and they seem to be the same size.

Still say it should be derived from reverse vaping, since it's visually the same ability Zeus uses to create people.

Matthew did mention a smaller earthquake would require Superman to move faster.

@Mr. Redic Ok. I guess I can use horizon distance as a low-ball and probably scaling for higher results?

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
Yes, I agree with that. But that's combat you're talking about, so their combat speeds would scale to their combat speeds, and their reactions speeds would scale to their reaction speeds. Just because they keep up with each other doesn't mean that their combat speed scales up to their reaction speeds.
back on topic... so are we going to go with putting their combat speed down to relativistic?

Can you clarify what happened for each of the two feats?

Its the same feat. She moved her arm at .23c but needed to have .75c reactions to process what was happening.

Okay. Then an adjustment is probably appropriate, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back