• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, things seem to go around in circles with this particular topic.

Assaltwaffle said:
Well the beam does seem to reflect off of things and is called light. On the other hand, it is a far cry above the other feats in the verse.
As for FTL, that's going to be a no for me. We don't give concrete ratings for being superior to another person who has a cslculated speed unless that superiority is shown in the same scene that is calced.

This would just be an example of using "at least".
I'm with Assaltwaffle, not only does the beam not match all the criteria but it is an outlier.

I'm with Assaltwaffle, not only does the beam not match all the criteria but it is an outlier.

Assaltwaffle agrees the beam matches the criteria. And Sub-Relativistic is only around twice or thrice as fast as MHS+, and the MHS+ feats are all casual.

I'd also note there are two or three fairly high Sub-Rel feats (the sub rel stuff is 9% SOL which is nearly Relatividtic)

We have enough approvals to close the thread and apply the revisions.

We have more approvals, and two staff members agree. I do not think we'll need more approvals, and I've refuted all the arguments against it and no one was willing to argue against it afterwards.

I believe 4 staff members (plus Assaltwaffle agrees that it is light speed, just that he thinks it is outlandish) is enough (not to mention all those members that agree).

@M3X

Okay.

@Spino

Can you look over the edits please?

Most of the profiles probably need better justifications regarding which calculations that they are scaled from. In addition, why are the combat speed and reflexes statistics different from each other? They are usually considered to be roughly the same thing.

The reaction time is higher than the combat speed.

The combat speed is 0.23c and the reaction speed is 0.75c, Relativistic combat speed and Relativistic+ reactions. Wonder Woman cant move at Relativistic+ speeds but she can react

Combat speed is the ability to dodge and hit at a certain speed, wihout being able to run that fast. I am not sure why we should make a distinction between that and reflexes.

This depends of the time and the space covered. Wonder Woman can move at 0.23c speeds but she CAN'T move at 0.75c speeds, only react to them. Thats why we have a Reactions page.

Well, we have almost consistently treated combat speed and reactions as the same thing.

Makes me wonder if there's any character with better combat speed than reaction speed.

Maybe some pre-cogs, if you don't count that as normal reaction speed.

I still don't agree with this, but it is fine. You can close this now?

Woah, wait a minute, why are their combat speeds relativistic+?

If you're going to treat reaction speeds and combat speeds as the same, then you should bump down their reaction speeds to relativistic. Nothing implies they fight at that speed consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back