• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well shit, seems like Zaslav isn't ******* around after Batgirl just got cancelled (Not that I care tbh)

On the one hand, I wouldn't have gone watching Batgirl, the movie seemed pretty bad. On the other hand, Zaslav is doing shit right now and this is cancellation is downright disgusting for all the people who worked on this, not to mention considering HBO Max situation, this is a pretty stupid move, you'd think they would rather release the movie to get at least SOME money out of it. But no, let's waste 90 MILLION DOLLARS and the work of countless people by throwing all of it to the garbage

Btw, has anyone red the Hawkman comic for Black Adam? Is there any particulary notable or interesting feat in the comic (if we don't have something too spectacular in the movie itself, we could at least use stuff from the comic since it's canon)?

Btw, has anyone red the Hawkman comic for Black Adam? Is there any particulary notable or interesting feat in the comic (if we don't have something too spectacular in the movie itself, we could at least use stuff from the comic since it's canon)?
I literally posted panels from it last month (Most of the battle between him and Gentleman Ghost take place within his mind)

Is it really true that Zaslav's wrapping up HBO Max for good? I find that really hard to believe

Probably the limited extrasensory perception and resistance to cold temperatures, non-physical interaction seems iffy and could probably just be a resistance to mind manipulation since, once again the battle is mostly in Hawkman's mind
Shit

Well at least Howkman would get some good abilities for whoever is dealing with him (won't make him since I'll be dealing with Adam and Fate)

FB_IMG_1659608126392.jpg

Earlier an insider reported that Warner-Discovery was going to prioritize un-scripted content and that majority of scripted tv shows were getting the boot.

So, either three things
1. That insider either got wrong information or just made complete bullshit up in order to start controversy (Most likely this)
2. Zaslav saw the outcry and back peddled on it for the investors meeting (I doubt one/two days is enough time to change this decision)
3. Zaslav is just saying shit to make himself look good and is in no way going to commit to reviving a majority of them

DC Plans

Want to follow the MCU format, have a 10 year plan. Seems like they're going to the hard reboot after The Flash rather than the partial one. Though this is just talk to investors, which means this barely means shit since we don't have any projects to go with this so called plan yet.

Green Lantern Corps: Wasn't talked about during the investors meeting, but now its still going through the constant battle of people saying that it canned and that it isn't canned.

Earlier an insider reported that Warner-Discovery was going to prioritize un-scripted content and that majority of scripted tv shows were getting the boot.

So, either three things
1. That insider either got wrong information or just made complete bullshit up in order to start controversy (Most likely this)
2. Zaslav saw the outcry and back peddled on it for the investors meeting (I doubt one/two days is enough time to change this decision)
3. Zaslav is just saying shit to make himself look good and is in no way going to commit to reviving a majority of them

DC Plans

Want to follow the MCU format, have a 10 year plan. Seems like they're going to the hard reboot after The Flash rather than the partial one. Though this is just talk to investors, which means this barely means shit since we don't have any projects to go with this so called plan yet.

Green Lantern Corps: Wasn't talked about during the investors meeting, but now its still going through the constant battle of people saying that it canned and that it isn't canned.

They should just focus on more or less solo products with their own tone like The Batman, Joker and Shazam rather than trying to get a full-blown cinematic universe, at this point they're just good at making solo movies so let's focus on that

They should just focus on more or less solo products with their own tone like The Batman, Joker and Shazam rather than trying to get a full-blown cinematic universe, at this point they're just good at making solo movies so let's focus on that
That seemed to be the old strategy - movies that took place in the same universe, but weren't really tied into one another (Personally I liked this). They want an MCU 2.0 but with DC characters

Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were key points in that statement, which has me wondering what they'll be doing for Batman since he already has an active theatrical project/universe that is in the works

Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were key points in that statement, which has me wondering what they'll be doing for Batman since he already has an active theatrical project/universe that is in the works
Fr lol

I wonder what "genius" finally thought it was a good idea to idk maybe focus on Superman on his own like feature film and idk maybe really try with their core characters

Fr lol

I wonder what "genius" finally thought it was a good idea to idk maybe focus on Superman on his own like feature film and idk maybe really try with their core characters

They would first need to have all three which means either getting rid of the previous versions or staying with the old ones

Gal is currently Wonder Woman in the DCEU (Not sure how many more movie she'll be in though)
Ben Affleck is done as Batman after The Flash, Robert Pattinson isn't part of the DCEU and Reeves wants nothing to do with a shared universe, just his own small little grounded projects
We don't have a Superman, Henry hasn't played Superman since 2017, Tyler is part of the CW (Not ArrowVerse though)

You also have other actors who are still willing to commit to the role (The actors from Shazam, Task Force X based projects, Black Adam, Batgirl, BoP, Blue Beetle, Aquaman). Do you keep them or not.

My guess for who'll be kept (If they do a hard reboot, but still keep some of the DCEU's cast) are a

A grand majority of Black Adam's cast, characters that appeared within Suicide Squad movies/Peacemaker, and Shazam (Note: While these projects haven't come out, Batgirl and Blue Beetle's casts should without a doubt be reused)

BoP: Jurnee Smollett, Margo Robbie, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead all seem like their safe (Margo is basically the face of Harley, Jurnee had a Black Canary project in the works, and insiders/scoopers have said that Mary has been in talk to reprise Huntress in different projects). While Black Mask is dead, I wouldn't mind seeing Ewan McMregor return to the role since he was phenomenal. Ella Jay Basco's Cassandra Cain...Just isn't Cassandra and while it isn't the actresses fault, I can't really say Ella is fantastic pick for the character either. Though she would be around the right age to play Cass (Being 15 years old) since Leslie Grace is on the younger side for Barbara (Being 27). Rosie Perez is a great actress and was good as Renee Montaya, but she isn't really talked about as much compared to her other co-stars and Renee does take up The Question mantle at some point, they might want to pick up a younger actress for the role (Rosie: Turning 58 this year, maybe they want to go for an actress in her late 30s instead). Chris Messina...Meh, I was funny in the role and I really liked his interactions with Black Mask, but he didn't really scream Zsasz to me, there's also the fact that Zsasz isn't exactly a character people are clamoring for.

Aquaman: Amber Heard has decent in the role as Mera, but is a controversial figure, so I doubt she'll be kept. Other than that, everyone else is perfect for the role within the Aquaman movies, Jason and Patrick being standout amongst them and probably Yahya soon (He's really cool)

Batman: ...Bro has no one to work with basically, I can only see J.K Simmons as Commissioner Gordon staying, mostly cause he was tied to Batgirl. I doubt Jeremy Irons is staying as Alfred despite how good he is in the role. So, for Batman and Alfred, lets go for new actors in their (One in their late 30s-early 40s and the other late 50s-early 60s)

Superman: Had a really good cast in Man of Steel, but I don't see most of them returning (Maybe Harry Lennix). So, recast away

Wonder Woman: Not sure if Gal will stay. Could be nice to restart from the ground up with Wonder Woman's movies

Joker: We're not keeping Jared Leto as The Joker

The Flash: Ezra is out, many people are reporting that The Flash is the last time WB works with Ezra and for a very good reason, they're being accused of more serious crimes every ******* month. Kiersey Clemons can stay or leave as Iris, she's barely in Justice League to make an impact and her role isn't that large in The Flash. Can't say she's a horrible pick, but can't say I'd be sad to see her go (Haven't seen her in other projects, she's probably really good though). Ron Livingston and Billy Crudup play Herny Allen, not sure how much of this character we'll being seeing in the future, but both work (Note: Ron replaced Billy as Herny due to scheduling conflicts)....Oh yeah, Sasha Calle is Supergirl as was meant to be kept as Supergirl for the new universe. I think she should be kept, but I wouldn't be surprised if some new white higher-ups just say she's an alternate version of the character and replace her with blonde and blue eye actress.

Cyborg: Ray Fisher is willing to return once all the people from old management are kicked out. Two things though, 1. everyone and their mother is pretty sure David Zaslav is racist 2. Not sure how much Cyborg will be prioritized in the future

Green Lanterns: We have none. We do have Green Lantern Show that people can't make their ******* mind if its happening or isn't happening, but not sure this it'll be else-world or main New DCEU continuity

So, fancast away on who you'd like to see for recasts (Rather than going for younger/early into their career versions of these characters, lets go with more experienced. People no who they are, so, don't bother establishing them, just give them to us. You can even give Bruce as Robin that isn't Dick, so that Reeves can do Dick Grayson Robin, instead have Nightwing in this universe and make either Jason and Tim the main Robin early on)
Key Points -
If Gal isn't kept as Wonder Woman: I'd like a new actor who is on the taller side (Like Lynda and Gal before them), is charismatic (Diana is a diplomate after all) but can come off as fierce warrior type, I'd also kinda like it for Wonder Woman to have tanner skin, mostly because she lived on an Island for most of her life. Late 20s should be a good age range to give off that immortal feel

Superman: Early 30s should be good, needs to be tall and have a sweet face (One that comforts people whenever they smile), they also need to be able to be able to switch between Superman and Clark well, having the confidence and power, but also being able to switch to something more clumsy and shy (Christopher Reeves will always be the best, just for how he was able to transform between the two so perfectly)

Batman: Like said earlier, Late 30s-early 40s should be good. Need someone who can intimidate others and looks like they can overcome any odds(Someone you can believe can stand against a god with no powers and honestly believe that they aren't ******** themselves right now). I'd preferably like someone with a deep voice, but people aren't casted in physical roles for their voices. They need to be able to handle the edgy, brooding, tortured-side of the character well alongside this genuinely nice, friendly, caring person.

My guess for who'll be kept (If they do a hard reboot, but still keep some of the DCEU's cast) are a

A grand majority of Black Adam's cast, characters that appeared within Suicide Squad movies/Peacemaker, and Shazam (Note: While these projects haven't come out, Batgirl and Blue Beetle's casts should without a doubt be reused)

BoP: Jurnee Smollett, Margo Robbie, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead all seem like their safe (Margo is basically the face of Harley, Jurnee had a Black Canary project in the works, and insiders/scoopers have said that Mary has been in talk to reprise Huntress in different projects). While Black Mask is dead, I wouldn't mind seeing Ewan McMregor return to the role since he was phenomenal. Ella Jay Basco's Cassandra Cain...Just isn't Cassandra and while it isn't the actresses fault, I can't really say Ella is fantastic pick for the character either. Though she would be around the right age to play Cass (Being 15 years old) since Leslie Grace is on the younger side for Barbara (Being 27). Rosie Perez is a great actress and was good as Renee Montaya, but she isn't really talked about as much compared to her other co-stars and Renee does take up The Question mantle at some point, they might want to pick up a younger actress for the role (Rosie: Turning 58 this year, maybe they want to go for an actress in her late 30s instead). Chris Messina...Meh, I was funny in the role and I really liked his interactions with Black Mask, but he didn't really scream Zsasz to me, there's also the fact that Zsasz isn't exactly a character people are clamoring for.
Margot Robbie is great as Harley honestly. As for the rest, I didn't like Black Mask. McGregor is a phenomenal actor and he was clearly having a blast in the role and the movie nailed the sadistic aspect of the character but he was way too goofy and hammy and (I know this will be controversial but still) to me at least almost behaved as a gay stereotyped. Roman Sionis isn't supposed to be a goofy, joking villain, he's supposed to be cold, murderous, stoic most of the time, ergo genuinely intimidating. Not to mention he barely even wears the mask (which is the equivalent of the Joker not having green hair and white skin). As for Zsasz, it's the same problem, the guy is supposed to be one of the most evil and disturbing Batman villains but here, he's just a random clown just as goofy as his boss. Oh, and Cassandra Cain is a complete and absolute waste.
Aquaman: Amber Heard has decent in the role as Mera, but is a controversial figure, so I doubt she'll be kept. Other than that, everyone else is perfect for the role within the Aquaman movies, Jason and Patrick being standout amongst them and probably Yahya soon (He's really cool)
"Aquaman: Amber Heard is relatively decent but is a manipulative bitch who was publicy caught lying to destroy a flawed but ultimately good man who was innocent of what he was accused and used feminism and the MeToo movement to her advantage to pass as victim with some dumbasses still believing her in spite of the absurd amount of evidences against her and should be dumped in the trash as the human pile of shit she really so let's hope she gets fired" There, fixed it for you
Batman: ...Bro has no one to work with basically, I can only see J.K Simmons as Commissioner Gordon staying, mostly cause he was tied to Batgirl. I doubt Jeremy Irons is staying as Alfred despite how good he is in the role. So, for Batman and Alfred, lets go for new actors in their (One in their late 30s-early 40s and the other late 50s-early 60s)

Superman: Had a really good cast in Man of Steel, but I don't see most of them returning (Maybe Harry Lennix). So, recast away
Henry Cavill was perfect as Superman. Same for Affleck but he'll just appear as a cameo in Aquaman 2 and that's it
Wonder Woman: Not sure if Gal will stay. Could be nice to restart from the ground up with Wonder Woman's movies
Shame cause Gal is honestly very good in the role. But if they restart the WW franchise, I hope they will focus more on the mythological aspects, I really like the first movie and I still think Ares was actually a good villain, especially in regards to themes of the movie, the powers he shows and his music but killing off the Olympians in the backstory was a completely shitty idea and Ares himself shouldn't have been used a starter villain, he should have been much more, so I hope that if there's a reboot, they will keep the Gods alive and fully use the mythological aspect of Diana's lore since it's the most interesting part
Joker: We're not keeping Jared Leto as The Joker
Definitely not.
The Flash: Ezra is out, many people are reporting that The Flash is the last time WB works with Ezra and for a very good reason, they're being accused of more serious crimes every ******* month.
Very personal and controversial opinion here: I'm still calling Ezra him. Not because I refuse to acknowledge transgenders and their choices but because of Ezra specifically. Using the right pronounce would mean showing respect for the guy and I refuse to do that. I don't care if that's misgendering and not respecting his life or the struggle he probably had to go through as a transgender because bigoted assholes can't accept to let people decide for their own life, my mindset is very simple, I don't care about the color of your skin, your sexual preferences, your gender (or lack of), your ethnicity, your religion and so on, if you're a decent person who respects others, then I will respect you, your struggle and your choices but if you' behave like a petty jerk, then I will refuse to give you any amount of respect, simple as that. The guy is like Amber Heard, a human pile of shit that goes worse and worse every ******* time we hear of him and has the guts to taunt and mock the police trying to arrest him, he doesn't deserve a shred of respect for anything. Again, nothing to do with transgenders as a whole (like Elliot Page for example), just the person.
Cyborg: Ray Fisher is willing to return once all the people from old management are kicked out. Two things though, 1. everyone and their mother is pretty sure David Zaslav is racist 2. Not sure how much Cyborg will be prioritized in the future
Don't know if Zaslav is racist but a Cyborg movie isn't coming anytime soon anyway especially since he was really badly used in theatrical JL movie

Don't know if Zaslav is racist but a Cyborg movie isn't coming anytime soon anyway especially since he was really badly used in theatrical JL movie

The directors cut got him praise though

I don't Ray Fisher would return if he didn't get a movie, Cyborg is a character that means a lot to him and we had been promised to get all the back in 2015. That said, that character can still appear in other shit outside of a solo movie

Random Post but:
Doom Patrol’s a really good show, hopefully it gets more pages on the wiki.

Also, is there any in-depth blog about the arrowverse’s cosmology?
Man honestly we don't have any DCTV like that really indexed, speaking in terms of like Doom Patrol and Titans.

As for your second question nah we don't have a in depth blog for arrowverse cosmology since loads of people lost interest

Man honestly we don't have any DCTV like that really indexed, speaking in terms of like Doom Patrol and Titans.
Yeah I see, the only page I saw for Doom Patrol was Mister Nobody’s
As for your second question nah we don't have a in depth blog for arrowverse cosmology since loads of people lost interest
That’s unfortunate, hopefully the project gets picked back up.

another unrelated thing, just watched the sandman and it was really good, I really need to read the source material

do we care about titans at all, like as shit as it is do we give a **** about it here because if so I'll calc some shit from there so we can make profiles

Back