• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Batman & Robin: *Gets even slightly referenced
Me:

l1ddgonc25vy.jpg
Okay but ……. the ice age, my guy.

I watched the new movie, and honestly I still think TDK is better, but this one is a close second, it's amazing to see a true Detective Noir Batman on screen, and Pattinson's performance is on point, he's already my favorite Batman

Personnally, the only thing really better in TDK is Health Ledger who is on a whole different level but on all other aspects, the 2022 movie is better. But again, that's just an opinion

I completely disagree with that, TDK has a lot going on besides Ledger, mainly the plot, while The Batman has a good story, it lacks an actual great final act/ending, TDK gave me chills with its legendary ending and Harvey's fall from being a great DA to someone lost by Gotham and Joker's corruption, Riddler was amazing, but he loses to not only Joker but Two Face aswell. Alfred in TDK is far better than The Batman's by both acting and plot around him.

The Batman, however, has a greater...well, Batman, which is a massive feat considering TDK also had Begins to work on him, but he is so on point here that he doesn't need more than 10 minutes to show how good he is. Gotham is also way better in both looks and the whole movie's style, giving the City the Noir vibe which Nolan's Gotham totally lacked

Still, I mentioned TDK but the actual movie we should be comparing is Begins, and yeap, The Batman wins over that movie in basically every single way, Batman, music, Gotham, story and villain

Considering that many of folks compared The Batman 2022 with TDK in good way, we can safely say that DCEU are making a good comeback

Now i hope they can pull something so Robert Pattinson Batman and Joaquin Phoenix Joker can confront each other
Well it's not in the DCEU technically and I honestly don't want it to be

Like stuff like Peacemaker is among the best content and it's got barely any connections and just does it's own thing
With how badly DC did it and my MCU fatigue it's the best move imo for DC to move into films that do their own thing and are standalone

It's a Batverse folks

The movie was a bit long on some scenes but it was very brief and not enough to be truly bad. And Pattinson was exceptional

Also, that cameo at the end 👀

Honestly I NEVER liked Batman after Justice League/more DC universe appears, because it makes Gotham look too small for him. If he can deal with such foes, build stuff to fight them and tech to cover the whole planet, then his enemies are already way past the point of being a problem (Or should be)

That's why I truly hope Matt Reeves' Batman is completely separated from any other DC hero or Universe and stay grounded at Gotham and its Detective/Noir style, because that's the vibe I love for Batman

Honestly I NEVER liked Batman after Justice League/more DC universe appears, because it makes Gotham look too small for him. If he can deal with such foes, build stuff to fight them and tech to cover the whole planet, then his enemies are already way past the point of being a problem (Or should be)

That's why I truly hope Matt Reeves' Batman is completely separated from any other DC hero or Universe and stay grounded at Gotham and its Detective/Noir style, because that's the vibe I love for Batman
THIS!! LITERALLY THANK YOU

Question for you all and please tell me I wasn't the only one

Did any of you figure out that the true after credits scene was the website they flashed at the end of the movie

I found it pretty sus so I looked it up and it led me to one of the riddler's encoded messages

Nope. My friend was whining about waiting for the after credit so I left when the movie finished.
Damn it was honestly one of those things where you'd think you waited for nothing because it just said goodbye it the font and colors they used for the Riddler's messages to batman and then if very briefly flashed a website and was done

I can see that honestly, even though I'm not exactly bothered by it

because it makes Gotham look too small for him
Seriously tho even In Batman v Superman Gotham was literally just the place across from Metropolis I don't think they even had them super far away from each other and Gotham itself wasn't a character it was pretty bland tbh and we literally saw batman's jet just instantly get across to the harbor or warehouse on the waterfront and the view from the jet just made it all seem so trivial for him

Honestly the Gotham TV show has done a pretty damn good and immersive Gotham as even the name suggests and city is given some great character and it stays pretty grounded almost through and through or at least made it's Gotham believable even when it did some big things

Seriously tho even In Batman v Superman Gotham was literally just the place across from Metropolis I don't think they even had them super far away from each other and Gotham itself wasn't a character it was pretty bland tbh and we literally saw batman's jet just instantly get across to the harbor or warehouse on the waterfront and the view from the jet just made it all seem so trivial for him
That's probably because Gotham and Metropolis are right next to each other, like they're separated by a bay (Gotham being in New Jersey and Metropolis being in Delaware)

Back