• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Batman Revisions

Did a calc for DCEU Batman's quadruple pillar busting feat in his power armor in another thread, was told to bring it here. Don't really think it's that good, too many hypotheticals and it's only for 1 pillar, but I think it's good for a rough starting point.

Mr. Redic said:
I'm gonna try to do a rough calc, sorry if it's not great, I'm pretty new at this.
In this video (or GIF if you prefer) we see Batman swing Superman through 3 pillars that I'm gonna assume are around 1 meter wide and 5m in height, and releases him to hit a 4th one for similar results as the first 3. I don't really know how much more energy it takes to swing a guy through 4 consecutive pillars vs 1, for all I know it could be just a bit more energy to a straightforward 4x or an exponentially more difficult task that could lead to some ridiculously large value, so I'm just gonna try and do 1 pillar's destruction as something like a baseline.

Now, we see Supes' hit the pillar with so much force that dust forms, more than what's just coating the pillars, so I'm assuming he Pulverizes the area he impacts. The rest of the pillar gets dragged along with him and gets ripped from their foundations in both the ceiling and floor while crumpling into small pieces, as far as I can tell watching it frame-by-frame, so that's Violent Fragmentaion for the rest.

Henry Cavill's a pretty swole guy, and his arms are spread out a bit while they're impacting the pillars at the same time as the rest of his body for the 3rd pillar's impact, which was the clearest one to me, so I'm gonna assume he's impacting a 1m section to keep it simple. We times it by a base of 1m, for a volume of 1,000,000 cm^3 for Pulverization. The other 4m of the pillar's height times 1m base gets us 4,000,000 cm^3 for V. Frag.

Plugging in the building values from Calculations, we get:

1,000,000 x 214.35 = 2.1435e8 Joules

4,000,000 x 69 = 2.76e8 Joules

Total = 4.9035e8 Joules, or 0.117 tons of TnT to a precision of 3

Bumping, and just wondering if anyone knows about an accepted calc that has someone be swung through multiple pillars with a 1 second interval, feels like it might help.

Also did the calc wrong, it looks like I assumed the entire thing was a rectangular prism for some reason, but it was just the bottom portion as the rest is cylindrical. The pillars are actually taller as well, since this screenshot shows the pillars height as around 4x Batman's, or 8m high.

Based on this screenshot, the rectangular portion is as high as Armored Batman's knee, which is about a third of a person's height. Ben Affleck's about 1.95m, but his Armored suit adds a few inches, or about 2m now, so we get a height of about .67m. However, there are also some rings between the rectangular and cylindrical portions, so let's bump that up to a flat .7m height. It's also wider than the pillar, I'd say about half-again as much, so we have a length/width of 1.5m, which gives us a volume of 1,580,000 cm^3.

So taking all that into account, the new values are:

PI(50^2)(100) = 785,000, so 785,000 x 214.35 = 168,264,750 Joules

PI(50^2)(630) = 4,950,000, and 4,950,000 + 1,580,000 = 6,530,000, so 6,530,000 x 69 = 450,570,000 Joules

Total = 618,834,750 Joules, or 0.148 tons of TNT, which is Small Building Level+.

This seems fine, but you should post it in a blog post.

It would result in a small upgrade as currently armoured Batman is just baseline 9-A

I agree with the calc (Just put it in a blog lol)

I would also point out Bruce should be Wall level+ for injuring Parademons who tore apart the Batmobile which has feats on this level.

Working on a blog.

We also have this scene where we see Amazingly Abbed Amazons swing big metal hammers around to break thick wooden pillars, and two Amazons hold up a stone wall that probably weighs dozen of tons. Since Amazons likely scale to Parademons, that should support normal Batman going up a bit.

Yep he does it in the Knight are when he's older (I'd also note he easily breaks arms and busts through walls and floors)

Also, why does Batman still have that 1420-lb-force justification in his page when it's the exact same thing as CH's punches?

So far it might be upgrade time (I'd also suggest calling KGBeast's death since Bruce was right there and took a good amount of the blast protecting Martha)

KGBeast blew up 7ft away or smth, not sure how good that result will be it wasn't the epicentre but it does show what Bats no sells.

1 meter from the explosion and you tank only 1/16 of it, AFAIK.

2 meters and probably 1/32 of it, I dunno.

Does the fact that Ma Kent was pretty much unscathed due to Batman shielding her help with the feat at all?

I have to first do some recalcing based on the comments when I have the time.

There's also some stuff with moment of inertia and centripetal/centrifugal force and whatnot that might be relevant.

The accepted blog should be fine to apply, yes.

Back